Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heading to Tigerland Sligo this weekend . What to expect?

Options
  • 21-05-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Hello all . I'm heading for Tigerland in Sligo this Saturday to pop my airsoft skirmish cherry . Since I'm a first timer to these skirmish/wars . Has any of ye old airsoft regulars any tips and what to expect?as I'm a complete novice to all this . I've stocked up on gear and I'm ready to roll . I think :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

You'll love it. Hope to be there myself and you'll be hard pressed to meet a nicer crowd of top notch players on a great and varied site.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Mando Commando

I'm hoping to be there as well on Saturday, good friendly bunch out there, honest play, good big native woodland site, you should have a good time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

I'm hoping to be there as well on Saturday, good friendly bunch out there, honest play, good big native woodland site, you should have a good time!

I'm just wondering about what gear to bring as iv never skirmished before . I've my aeg and pistol , tac vest , safety googles and a few spare mags plus boots and camo trousers and top ???

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Mando Commando

Sounds like you have all you need right there! More than myself - I have no working pistol at the moment

Sounds like you have all you need right there! More than myself - I have no working pistol at the moment

Sound I look forward to it so . I hope I can keep up with ye experienced softers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

Colash wrote: »
    Sound I look forward to it so . I hope I can keep up with ye experienced softers ;)

Stick with me and you won't have much catching up to be doing! The main thing to bring that might not occur to you is water as you would be surprised how easy it is to get dehydrated and some food if you are staying for the full day (which I would recommend).

Make sure the boots afford some ankle protection and sounds like you are good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Bring water and munchies as well

Bemused wrote: »
    Stick with me and you won't have much catching up to be doing! The main thing to bring that might not occur to you is water as you would be surprised how easy it is to get dehydrated and some food if you are staying for the full day (which I would recommend).

Make sure the boots afford some ankle protection and sounds like you are good to go.
    I got me a set of the shin high FCA boots ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Anyone going up this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

i am anyway

• Advertisement

bushball wrote: »
    i am anyway

I've never been before, any tips for a newbie?

never been to the site or never skirmished?

never been to the site or never skirmished?

Both.

well bring water and something to eat anyway, dont be afraid to get hit and dont be disappointed if youre being hit alot, it happens to everyone on there 1st day, also dont be afraid to ask for help from the guys out there, theyre a sound bunch of lads

Heading down again this weekend, anyone going?

I presume it's on this Saturday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭ARWRanger

Is there a website please?, I am near enough to Sligo and would be very interested in this, may you please provide a link to the website, please?. Thank You.

ARWRanger wrote: »
    Is there a website please?, I am near enough to Sligo and would be very interested in this, may you please provide a link to the website, please?. Thank You.
    http://www.sligoairsoft.com/

can ask any questions on the fb page here as well
    https://www.facebook.com/TigerlandAirsoftClub?fref=ts

Thank You extremely very much, much appreciated.

Thank You, Sir.

no bother mate, hope to see you there soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

I think Tigerland is open next Sunday 29th, hoping to get out myself because its been afew weeks since i've been out

• Advertisement

darman28 wrote: »
    I think Tigerland is open next Sunday 29th, hoping to get out myself because its been afew weeks since i've been out
    Awesome,

Or is it Sunday?

Or is it Sunday?
    They open for a Sunday on the last weekend of every month, all the rest of the weekends they open Saturdays

They open for a Sunday on the last weekend of every month, all the rest of the weekends they open Saturdays

So this weekend it's Sunday?

ya, last weekend of every month is on a sunday

So this weekend it's Sunday?

Yes Alpha Dog, its open on Sunday 29th September this weekend.

Advertisement