Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aren't ya a little old for your toy guns !!!!!!

• 18-05-2013 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

I've just got this remark off a few people . Was very proud of my full metal CYMA M4 Cqbr Aeg and WE Glock g27 gbb pistol , all on display in their cases in my car boot the other day and a few of my mates hit me with the statement of , your a bit old at 27 to be playing with toy guns lol . Tried explaining airsoft to them . But all I was met with was "sure paint balling is better "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Colash wrote: »
    I've just got this remark off a few people . Was very proud of my full metal CYMA M4 Cqbr Aeg and WE Glock g27 gbb pistol , all on display in their cases in my car boot the other day and a few of my mates hit me with the statement of , your a bit old at 27 to be playing with toy guns lol . Tried explaining airsoft to them . But all I was met with was "sure paint balling is better "

Leave them think what they like. Paintballing is dieing a slow death imo with the introduction of airsoft to this country. They are inaccurate, awkward, and costly in comparison to airsoft weaponry and ammunition.

Some people call these toys, some don't, personally I think they are not even remotely classed as toys. Realistic imitation firearms is widely used as a definition. But look who cares, we know what they are and at the end of the day it is your own personal opinion that matters most.

Remember airsoft is not for anyone like any sport really, convince them to go for a game and whether they like it or not is up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

If they think they are 'toys', ask them to pull down thier trousers and let you shoot them on full auto.
    Toys..... Ha!
    Iv been talking to a few hardcore paintballers that started in airsoft recently, they all much prefer it.
    Then again, you could always try get them skirmishing?
    Id like to meet anyone who thinks these are toys with my cross hairs on them in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

I agree . I must admit I'm blown away by the involvement and passion that most of ye lads have towards airsoft. From gun modification to tactical equipment . There's a fleet of airsofters on here that would give any US Marine a run for their money !!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Yeah like my team did last week at Redhills when we took the op force apart. The last game, we ruled, knocking them back by using suppressing fire and flanking them just like the real troopers would do it. When a bunch of guys work as a team, it's beautiful to be a part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

Get new friends?...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Searching...

Bring them along to a game and there opinion will change, guaranteed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭airsoftdes

Colash wrote: »
    I agree . I must admit I'm blown away by the involvement and passion that most of ye lads have towards airsoft. From gun modification to tactical equipment . There's a fleet of airsofters on here that would give any US Marine a run for their money !!! :)
    Yeah like my team did last week at Redhills when we took the op force apart. The last game, we ruled, knocking them back by using suppressing fire and flanking them just like the real troopers would do it. When a bunch of guys work as a team, it's beautiful to be a part of it.
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

airsoftdes wrote: »
    hmmm i seriously doubt your nearly half a good as the real deal id say you

When did he say he was?
    and your team would ****e themself if a dude was letting rip at you with an ak a tree or pallet aint gonna help ya dude

Who wouldn't be?, but fact of the matter is we are not being shot by AK's.
    some people seriously need to look at there EGO and show some respect for the lads that do it for REAL!!!!! JUST LOOK AT YOUR POST AND READ IT TO YOURSELF AND THINK!!!

It is not an ego trip these people are on, it was a harmless comparison they were making. And caps by the way does not get your message across any further so I am going to say to you to do the same and just look at your post and read it to yourself and think!.

Most people have respect for any person serving in the armed forces both here and abroad. Get a grip, comments like yours help knowone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

<snip>

Less of the agro please. Attack the post not the poster.

Warning Issued

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Think I missed out on an angry post by Des there as its been snipped. While I'm not sure what he had an issue with, to clarify my comment, it's when a bunch of guys, from various different backgrounds, come together, work as a team and roll up the op force fairly easily by using tried and tested military tactics, then we get a sense, albeit a very very very diluted and minor sense, of what it must be like to be part of a well oiled combat machine. No doubt the professional soldiers would eat us for breakfast, but that's why they are pros and we are weekend warriors.

No offence intended to the Irish or foreign men at arms who may have to go in harms way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

They are toys. What of it, though? I bought a Nerf gun a while ago. I have an Xbox. I spend hours playing Starcraft 2. I have more board/card games than I can count. There's no upper age limit on this stuff.

The irony is that if a 60 year old walked into a shop and bought an airsoft gun, nobody would say "you're too old for that". Apparently the "too old" bracket ranges anywhere from 16 to 40.

Next time they pull that crap, ask them what "too old" is, and watch them make crap up on the rebound. Then ask them how they feel about the kid-friendly certificate on their copy of Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

NakedDex wrote: »
    Then ask them how they feel about the kid-friendly certificate on their copy of Fifa.

This literally made my day, this will be used on some people :)
    Thanks Dex :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

It's not a doll, it's an action figure!

Petty distinctions only matter to petty people. Who really cares?

I have two lightsabres on my shelf right now, along with a gold 1911 and my collection of zippo lighters keeping Gray Fox, Solid Snake and Batman company, while the Terminator, Animal, Ironman and Gambit chill out on the top shelf. Not to mention that I regularly indulge in 'ground is lava'...just for kicks.

The trick is to not care, and just like what you like. Why would you deny yourself enjoyment. It's like the sickening term 'guilty pleasure' - why should you feel guilty over enjoyment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I've said it before,
    If I have to explain, then you wouldn't understand.
    Example small talk...
    Other person.. Did you have a good weekend?
    Me.. Yeah! Had a great time Sunday night.
    Other person.. What did you do.
    Me.. Ah, eh, A bunch of us were crawling around in the mud in a forested area out passed Balbriggan trying to kill each other by firing at each other with imitation firearms until about 3 or 4 in the morning, it was great craic..
    Cue look of.. do I call the Garda or an Ambulance for him.
    Unless they engage positively, I just leave it at that and change the subject.
    But the look on some faces can be priceless.

Advertisement