Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the story with airsoft ??

Options
  • 13-05-2013 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Looking for beginners advice here . On the market for an airsoft pistol, rifle , auto etc etc . Just wondering where's the best online sites here in Ireland and any other info would be a great help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Garzard

I don't airsoft yet although I'm planning on getting into it in the near future. Main Irish Airsoft http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/default.asp and AirsoftEire http://www.airsofteire.com/ are both excellent sites, although American websites in particular tend to to have a much larger variety in equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Ask the Irish Retailers and they will get any gun for you. It will save you the bother of customs, downgrading and couriers.
    Generally it usually works out at the same price so why go to all the hassle

In Dublin the are also HOBBYAIRSOFT in Rathcoole, SG airsoft in Drumcondra, STRIKEARMS in Swords.

In Dundalk there is AIRSOFTEIRE, Cork has HOBBYAIRSOFT(CORK) and Wexford has SOUTH EAST AIRSOFT.

There are others but that is all I can think of at the moment

Some of these have threads in the Retailer forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1117

• Registered Users Posts: 15 airsoft227

Speaking of Airsoft what happened to the Rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

airsoft227 wrote: »
    Speaking of Airsoft what happened to the Rats.

Rathbeggan rats ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Gatling wrote: »
    Rathbeggan rats ??

I believe they play the compound now

• Advertisement

Don't know if this is relevant or not to the thread but I'm hoping to get into airsoft too, probably in the next year or so. I'm a bit mixed up though on four things:

1: How to join teams / clubs and the process?

2: How do roles work in airsoft? - As in do you have to choose a permanent role while a member eg. Rifleman, Sniper etc. or can players switch between roles whenever it suits them?

3: Does skirmishing with your team cost every time you go out? / is it free as long as you bring your own gear? / or is it all already paid for by some sort of membership fee?

4: Also I've heard something about restrictions on wearing Irish Army DPM while airsofting. Not that I plan on doing this but is it illegal full stop for civilians to wear it?

Apologies if these sound a bit silly and I'll be all doing the researching soon when I have the time. These are just a few quick questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Garzard wrote: »
    Don't know if this is relevant or not to the thread but I'm hoping to get into airsoft too, probably in the next year or so. I'm a bit mixed up though on four things:

1: How to join teams / clubs and the process?
    No need to join any team at all unless you really want to.
    Some Airsoft sites require a small membership fee.

2: How do roles work in airsoft? - As in do you have to choose a permanent role while a member eg. Rifleman, Sniper etc. or can players switch between roles whenever it suits them?
    You don't need to choose any type of role to play Airsoft.
    Just turn up on a recognised insured site with your own gear and play.
    You can always try renting your gear at a site before you go to the expense of buying your own.

3: Does skirmishing with your team cost every time you go out? / is it free as long as you bring your own gear? / or is it all already paid for by some sort of membership fee?
    Most Airsoft sites have nothing to do with any specific team. They may have a home team but not always.
    You pay a walk on fee at any recognised insured site.
    A walk on fee is for anyone who has there own gear, rental packages are available at most sites, but cost a bit more.

4: Also I've heard something about restrictions on wearing Irish Army DPM while airsofting. Not that I plan on doing this but is it illegal full stop for civilians to wear it?
    My understanding on Irish DPM is simply no you cannot wear it, even if you are a member of the armed forces you can't wear it at a skirmish site.
    (This is my understanding and I am open to correction)
    I do believe that there is another camo pattern very similar to Irish DPM, I think it is a French pattern but I'm not 100% on that.

Apologies if these sound a bit silly and I'll be all doing the researching soon when I have the time. These are just a few quick questions.
    The only silly question is the one not asked.

Hope my answers have been of help to you.

Rooky1 wrote: »
    The only silly question is the one not asked.
    Hope my answers have been of help to you.

Cheers Rooky! One more: Roughly how much is a walk-on fee usually? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Typically it is €15 half day and €25 full day.

Best to check with the individual site that you go to, but those prices are about right.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Garzard wrote: »

Have a read of this (old) thread about it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055230295

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 tommyboy_71

Hey Gazard, Just to be absolutely clear.

It is illegal to for anyone not in the Irish Defense Forces, Permanent or Reserve, to wear the uniform or any part of the uniform at any time.

It is illegal for any member of the Irish Defence Forces, Permanent or Reserve, to wear the uniform or any part of the uniform unless they are on, going to or coming from official duty as a member of the Defence Forces.

No site should allow anyone wearing it to even be on the site, nevermind play in it.

Hope this clarifies things.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Miss_Kitami

Colash wrote: »
    Looking for beginners advice here . On the market for an airsoft pistol, rifle , auto etc etc . Just wondering where's the best online sites here in Ireland and any other info would be a great help

I recently bought my first AEG from South East Airsoft found them very good to deal with. Got myself a Galaxy MP5k and have to say chuffed with it.

Advertisement