Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Man Wins at Speech

Options
  • 09-05-2013 7:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

I was on holidays in Croatia last week and met a couple on their honey moon.The below is how the best man rounded out his speech.

Just epic.
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

WTF? How'd he manage that? Or is half session some kind of celeb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The best man works in the UK and the company he works for are involved with alot of charity events so thats where he was able to meet all the people.He started getting the recordings over 12 months before the wedding.

If I ever get hitched then I will be so disappointed if I dont get something like this!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Don't think I can ever get married now because I know I'll never have a vid that good at my wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

That's class! He went above and beyond the call of duty as a best man there!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Haha the two lads were in my school, Fair play Gucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I don't get it. Are all those people supposed to be famous or something?
    I'm sure it's good if you know who those people are :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Words can not describe the awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I don't get it. Are all those people supposed to be famous or something?
    I'm sure it's good if you know who those people are :/

Some sportsy people, I recognised Marty Morrissey and Dwight Yorke. What the hell kind of name is half-session?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Some sportsy people, I recognised Marty Morrissey and Dwight Yorke. What the hell kind of name is half-session?

Ah okay, that'd explain why I've never seen any of them. I thought I had just gotten even more out of the loop on clebs than usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I feel like this would be more enjoyable for him than for her. It also looks like he got nearly all of the videos at the same event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Newaglish wrote: »
    I feel like this would be more enjoyable for him than for her. It also looks like he got nearly all of the videos at the same event.

Captain+Buzzkill+and+the+Bringdowns+Buzzkill.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Well, I had a friend in college we nicknamed Half-Pint, as that was what would get him pissed. So maybe the same thing applies here; half-way through a session, the groom is too pissed to continue.

Absolutely legendary video. Marty was the best. "Call me!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What a brilliant video. As was outlined above, I think none of us will be able to feel fully satisfied if we should get married now, knowing that we don't receive a video like this on our wedding day. Anyway, serious props to the best man for gathering all of those little parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The story of the name half session is a follows.

The grooms dad is Scottish and the groom lived in Glasgow for a number of years.As a result he became a huge Celtic fan.He regularly travels to Scotland for the Celtic home games but some of the games over there kick off ridiculously early,like 11 am however that just means a lot of them start drinking ridiculously early to compensate.

One particular game they started boozin at half 7 in the morning however the groom ended up at home on bed by 6 o clock while his mates and cousins stayed out til regular finishing time,hence he became known as half session!

Advertisement