Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Looks like a hoot

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

26,000 is bowel-evacuatingly expensive for that thing. And with a specific output of well over 100 brake per-litre via turbocharging, it'll be interesting to see what their longevity/reliability is like. Although something tells me the 998cc version will be huge here. I look forward to the Blue-Rinse Brigade howling around like young hoolies on Fireblades! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I like it, but the sheer drivel that both Autoexpress and Autocar come out with is just laughable to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

How does it easily outperform Mini Cooper S? By being slower? Overboost sounds interesting but I have a bias against Fiestas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

jimgoose wrote: »
    26,000 is bowel-evacuatingly expensive for that thing. And with a specific output of well over 100 brake per-litre via turbocharging, it'll be interesting to see what their longevity/reliability is like. Although something tells me the 998cc version will be huge here. I look forward to the Blue-Rinse Brigade howling around like young hoolies on Fireblades! :D

It already is, baring in mind though its only 65bhp, bit of a step back from the 80bhp 1.25. Saying that I heard from an owner of both that the power difference isn't really noticeable.

The front of that ST looks dog ugly :eek:

Marcusm wrote: »
    How does it easily outperform Mini Cooper S? By being slower? Overboost sounds interesting but I have a bias against Fiestas.

Overboost sounds bloody expensive if the wastegate or throttle mechanism goes arseways! :D

It already is, baring in mind though its only 65bhp, bit of a step back from the 80bhp 1.25. Saying that I heard from an owner of both that the power difference isn't really noticeable...

I wouldn't expect it to spin the planet backwards or anything, no.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

26,000 is bowel-evacuatingly expensive for that thing....

All new cars are expensive jim.

It actually seems likely to be keener value than it's biggest competitors - MINI Cooper S, Renault Sport Clio, and Peugeot 208 GTI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

No but I don't understand why ford don't offer it in the 100bhp form. Maybe the do in the Uk but as far as Im away they only offer it in 65bhp.

• Advertisement

All new cars are expensive jim.

It actually seems likely to be keener value than it's biggest competitors - MINI Cooper S, Renault Sport Clio, and Peugeot 208 GTI.

We're so used to being rode sideways here we don't know the difference. "Keen value" is not something I ever recall encountering in Ireland.

We're so used to being rode sideways here we don't know the difference. "Keen value" is not something I ever recall encountering in Ireland.

You'll note I said "keener" and not "keen". I also said all new cars are expensive, and they indeed are.

No but I don't understand why ford don't offer it in the 100bhp form. Maybe the do in the Uk but as far as Im away they only offer it in 65bhp.

The 1.0T can be had in 100bhp and 120bhp versions in the UK.

Overboost sounds bloody expensive if the wastegate or throttle mechanism goes arseways! :D

It's been around for years, and is reliable.

p.s. I don't understand all the negativity here. This car is both interesting, and is relatively decent value too.

People complaining car is too expensive but it's only because of VRT tbh

People complaining car is too expensive but it's only because of VRT tbh

Expensive compared to what though? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Probably a great car, but if I had €26k to spend, then I can think of a lot more car for the money, on the used market.

It's been around for years, and is reliable...

It's been the terror of pilots of aeroplanes and fast Japanese cars for years. I think the performance testing of these new undersized over-aspirated units is rigged, and someone is telling HUGE porkies! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

My own yoke overboosts. 180,000 miles later it still does.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

26k?! ba ha! you would buy an E92 m3 for that money...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Idbatterim wrote: »

I can see your point but to be fair they are two very different to cars. The person interested in one of these is unlikely to be interested in an M3s running costs. It's like saying to someone buying a new M3 that they could buy a used Murcielago or the like. It might be a step too far for some.

Very few cars like it on the Irish market, ie reasonable power and petrol. It's size might limit it's appeal but if you were looking for something like a Mini Copper S the price could tempt people away.

Will be a great second hand buy down the line, cheap tax (unless the government decides to rewrite the rulebook again) and cheap on fuel.

Idbatterim wrote: »

I'm sure you could but so what?

We're trying to discuss the merits of a sporty hatchback here. One that features :-

1/. Zero miles and no abuse or dodgy history. Every part is new and unused.
    2/. A 5 year manufacturers warranty. No huge repair costs in the event of a major failure.
    3/. Affordable tax and insurance.
    4/. Decent fuel economy.
    5/. Reasonable servicing costs.

Sure a used M3 (or many other used cars) will look like better value since it'll have suffered significant depreciation in line with it's age and use, but this thread concerns a new car. Comparing it to a used anything isn't really fair is it?

p.s. If new cars can't be sold the used car market will become a much more difficult and expensive place to search out used performance bargains.

ford-fiesta-st-11-front-static.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

I only emailed Ford earlier today about one! Do you reckon we will see any in the Republic? Renault Ireland already confirmed to me that they won't be bringing in the new RS. :(
    I will most likely be replacing my Fabia RS in the new year and this new ST is a definite contender. While the 7sp DSG in the Fabia is very efficient at what it does, I do miss the involvement of a manual box so the Fiesta is ticking that box for me. However I do agree its a little expensive for what it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Puddin Burger

pitty the new focus only comes in 5 door coz the RS // ST ones look crap now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Puddin Burger

ford-fiesta-st-11-front-static.jpg
    I WANT ONE!!!

squod wrote: »
    My own yoke overboosts. 180,000 miles later it still does.

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Andrew_Doran

fletch wrote: »
    I only emailed Ford earlier today about one! Do you reckon we will see any in the Republic?

I saw a new Fiesta ST on the north side of Dublin a couple of weeks ago with two people in it. I whooped for joy, really nice to see something new and interesting for a change. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Advertisement