Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The World's End (2013)

• 13-07-2012 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭

First info just released on Twitter by Simon Pegg, "The World's End" will be the final film in the Blood and Ice Cream trilogy. Bit of a fanboy admittedly, so am a tad excited either way :)

the-worlds-end_510.jpg
    The World’s End, long-awaited cinema reunion of director Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz), officially has a greenlight, Universal Pictures announced today. Costarring regular collaborator Nick Frost, and co-written by Wright and Pegg, the film will follow five old friends who attempt to re-create a heroic pub crawl they attempted 20 years previous, which ends at a pub called The World’s End. But as the title implies, the fate of humankind also hangs in the balance.
    Universal also released a teaser poster for the film, evoking the pub crawl of the plot. Check it out below:

Source

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are brilliant, very much looking forward to this!

This pleases me greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can't wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

looking forward to this, they all work well together, I prefer HF to SOTD personally, I do hope Wright tones down the crash edits though they get a bit grating after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

First movie poster released today :)

weposter1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

anyone fancy a Cornetto?

Skerries wrote: »
    anyone fancy a Cornetto?

Well if you're going to the shop :)

OP here, first official still of the film has been released! :)

n0v3T.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What a cast :D Paddy Considine stole the show in Hot Fuzz. Which I really must rewatch soon, much prefer that to SOTD.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nick Frost not playing a slob seems inherently wrong somehow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Work in Vue and trying my best to see if we can get something sorted with HB (some promotion) and try get the other 2 of the Cornetto trilogy back ( Hot Fuzz , Shaun of the Dead ) for a kind of Trilogy on the opening night ( Assume its gonna open on a Friday)

pgxOeXp.jpg

lOCVvYO.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

What happens in each pub is supposed to have some relevance to the pub name. Not sure I am looking forward to their visit to The Famous Cock.

First movie poster released, getting excited now :)

4iBSJ2b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Edgar Wright has been counting down days on his Twitter.. should have a trailer on Wednesday morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honestly, of all the summer movies on the way, this (and maybe Pacific Rim) is the one I'm possibly most excited about. The final part of the Ice Cream Trilogy, yipee :)

The trailer's out! I'll replace it with a sexeh YouTube embed when it arrives, for now it's an 'orrible MSN link :)

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/exclusive-the-world-s-end-trailer/2t5faj5e

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Can't wait

No garden fence will ever be safe again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Looks promising. Probably the movie I'm looking forward to the most this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

In Shaun and certainly Hot Fuzz, Pegg played the straight man to Frost's comic buffoon. The roles seems to be switched here which will make for an interesting dynamic.

Really looking forward to it. BTW...I really like that these movies are being described as the Cornetto trilogy - probably one of the most unlikely names for a series of movies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Really looking forward to it. BTW...I really like that these movies are being described as the Cornetto trilogy - probably one of the most unlikely names for a series of movies :)
    The alternative name is the Blood & Ice Cream Trilogy, which is much better IMO

Also, apparently the flavour of choice in this movie will be my favourite,
    Mint Choc-Chip

Cornetto must love these guys for all the free publicity they've gotten

Daemos wrote: »

Cornetto must love these guys for all the free publicity they've gotten

My eternal response for "Want anything from the shop" has been moulded by them.

/pats belly :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Really looking forward to this. Hot Fuzz might not top many peoples lists, but it is genuinely my favourite film of all time. I've lost count of how many times I've watched it.

I will keel over if someone (Frost even) says "Pint of lager, please, Mary" in this movie... seems like they'll have ample opportunity for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 McGeough123

I have to say I really enjoyed Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz, hopefully this is a good way to end the 'Cornetto' Trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

"Please Use Alcohol Responsibly"? OK ...

:cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Looking forward to it but none of the trailers seem that funny, kind of worried. The premise doesn't sound as cool or inventive as the previous two either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I wouldn't be surprised if they 'surprise' showed the film at the Wright / Frost / Pegg Q&A at the Lighthouse tomorrow night. Shame the ticket booking was such a debacle, imagine it will be a fun evening either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

I wouldn't be surprised if they 'surprise' showed the film at the Wright / Frost / Pegg Q&A at the Lighthouse tomorrow night. Shame the ticket booking was such a debacle, imagine it will be a fun evening either way.

I really hope that they do! :P it would be amazing.

Advertisement