Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help! (I need somebody)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

*Just decided to paste it here instead*

Lads and ladettes,
    Does anybody know where I can get a pair of Beatle Boots? Exactly the ones I uploaded. I yanked that picture from a site that sells them but I have very oddly sized feet and I'd want to try on anything before I bought them. I already have a pair with the zip, I want the elasticated one.
    For those that aren't familiar with them, they are very similar to Chelsea boots but with a cuban heel. So called because the Beatles invented them and wore them!

You can see John, George and Ringo wearing them in that other picture. Basically I've looked all over Dublin in all of the weirdest shops and can't find them anywhere. Most people don't even recognize them. I've even looked in the vintage clothing shops as I wouldn't really care if they're second hand.
    Does anybody know anywhere in and around Dublin where I could get them?
    I wouldn't mind going outside Dublin to get them, but not TOO far. (I don't drive).

Desperately want a pair!

Cheers.

By the way, I'm not some old fart trying to remember the good old days. I'm only 20, I genuinely think they're awesome!

High-Cavern-Blk-Calf-Hero2.jpg

article-0-1391AA61000005DC-333_964x885.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

If you don't find them anywhere would you consider buying two sizes to try and then send the pair that don't fit back?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

I got a rather decent pair of Chelsea/Beatle boots from a Goth shop ages ago in fake leather with Cuban heels, though they were a bit tight. At the moment their selection has gotten worse, but no harm to keep an eye on it. These they only have in 5 or 10, but they should get more in:

http://www.dracinabox.com/more/on/details/00721

This site is fantastic for all sorts of mod clothes and accessories, it's where I'd buy a lot of stuff; I've bought shirts, suits and coats and have always been very impressed, especially with the Madcap stuff:

http://www.atomretro.com/

G'luck!

• Advertisement

Should probably have said I'm a guy! Beatle Boots are men's shoes and I've never seen a pair of cuban heels on women's shoes?

Twee. wrote: »
    If you don't find them anywhere would you consider buying two sizes to try and then send the pair that don't fit back?

Meh, it's a big hassle. Because anything you order usually tacks on 10 or 15 euro delivery. You're looking at the guts of 30 quid just for the privilege of trying them on?

I got a rather decent pair of Chelsea/Beatle boots from a Goth shop ages ago in fake leather with Cuban heels, though they were a bit tight. At the moment their selection has gotten worse, but no harm to keep an eye on it. These they only have in 5 or 10, but they should get more in:

http://www.dracinabox.com/more/on/details/00721

This site is fantastic for all sorts of mod clothes and accessories, it's where I'd buy a lot of stuff; I've bought shirts, suits and coats and have always been very impressed, especially with the Madcap stuff:

http://www.atomretro.com/

G'luck!

I'm a size 12 and I'd really want them to be the real deal. I've no problem dropping 100-120 euro on the right pair. As long as they fit!

Yeah, I've seen atomretro, I was considering ordering from them. They're much cheaper than other sites and have an enormous range. You'd recommend them yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

troyzer wrote: »
    Should probably have said I'm a guy! Beatle Boots are men's shoes and I've never seen a pair of cuban heels on women's shoes?

The first pair have cuban heels :eek:

• Advertisement

The first pair have cuban heels :eek:

Yeah, I was surprised! I had always thought Cuban Heels was a guy thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

troyzer wrote: »
    I'm a size 12 and I'd really want them to be the real deal. I've no problem dropping 100-120 euro on the right pair. As long as they fit!

Yeah, I've seen atomretro, I was considering ordering from them. They're much cheaper than other sites and have an enormous range. You'd recommend them yeah?

I've never bought shoes from them, but I'd otherwise definitely recommend them. Never been left waiting too long or anything. The amount they have in their range will vary, but they usually have some pretty decent stuff!

Advertisement