Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCIS [** Spoilers **]

• 18-03-2013 12:02pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,193 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of this show. It's procedural out the wazoo, but it's just damn good fun. Tony's probably my favourite character - even with his comedic moments, he's a good investigator. Actually, the humour in general is good fun. You've got double acts like Ducky and Palmer, plus Gibbs and Fornell. :pac: And Gibbs's basement, obviously, plus Tony's father, and recent episodes have featured Matt Jones from Breaking Bad.

Is any one else watching season 10? I'm watching it as per US pace - not sure what the final arc of this season will be.

It's a ratings monster, so not surprising that there will be a season 11.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I'm a big fan of this show. It's procedural out the wazoo, but it's just damn good fun. Tony's probably my favourite character - even with his comedic moments, he's a good investigator. Actually, the humour in general is good fun. You've got double acts like Ducky and Palmer, plus Gibbs and Fornell. :pac: And Gibbs's basement, obviously, plus Tony's father, and recent episodes have featured Matt Jones from Breaking Bad.

Is any one else watching season 10? I'm watching it as per US pace - not sure what the final arc of this season will be.

It's a ratings monster, so not surprising that there will be a season 11.

Tony's frat boy antics get on my nerves tbh, the show has been running for 10 years now so he must be 40+ at this stage. Time to grow up buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I stopped watching after about Season 7.
    I could never take to Ziva and a lot of the story lines were premised on you feeling something for her, caring what would happen to her when she's in risky situations. In particular when they started going down the 'Tiva' route, I just wasn't interested so ditched the show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,193 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ziva is no Kate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,193 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

So, a decent run of episodes recently. Tuesday's (s10.21) Apparently,
    Cote hasn't signed on for season 11 yet. The promo for next week makes it look like someone dies, but I think that's just clever promo stuff. And I think the stuff about contracts is just the show's press machine creating hype. I must admit, though, I'm a little tired of Ziva's Mossad background being the go to thing at this stage. Fine for arcs, but move on, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ziva is no Kate.

Yes she is better :P

Sorry I'm a big Tiva shipper they have amazing chemistry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

watched the series up untill the start of season 8 , might try to get back into it again, I really wish kate didnt die i think her and tony would have been great, but i have to say i kinda like ziva too, not as much as kate tho

Pretty good finale for season 10.
    Parsons (Colin Hanks) is a crafty one. So, all of the team have resigned and Gibbs is on assignment. A stretch, of course, but it's NCIS. Nice nod to JAG and I liked seeing Alan Dale again - he popped up an episode or two ago.

Thoughts from Gary Glasberg (showrunner). Obviously spoilers if you're not up to speed. http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/15/ncis-season-finale-burning-questions/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

How did Gibbs get the boat outta the basement?

Great show.

Hah, they'll never answer that. :pac:

Re season 11, it's been confirmed that
    Cote de Pablo is leaving the show.
    Source

• Advertisement

Re season 11, it's been confirmed that
    Cote de Pablo is leaving the show.
    Source

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

yeah that just about broke my heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

I do think Ziva is good but loosing her wont break the shows ratings. I think personally Abby and Ducky make the show.
    On a different note, i've been watching NCIS on universal recently and dont think its as good as FX/FOX.
    I miss the gray screen at the end of each take, although its a minor complaint, i thought it added quality to the show.

Didn't know that about the gray screen broadcast differences.

Wtf is going on with Time Warner/CBS? Money, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Whats the issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Watching on Fox(Sky) but missed the return of Season 10. Any idea where you might find the opening two episodes. Fox UK doesn't seem to have a catch up service.

Don't see it on Netflix either.

Actually found it on one of the TV streaming sites so Mrs. Scout is a happy camper!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I have watched NCIS from the very beginning, I was a JAG fan. I love it.

IMO season's 8, 9 and 10 have been the best since 2 and 3. I love the chemistry between Tony and Ziva.
    I just found out a few mins ago that
    Cote De Pablo was leaving. Gutted isnt the word! I cant imagine the show with out her.

Ducky and Abby are the heart and soul of the show, but in all fairness its nothing with out Gibbs.

I have to say I am a Vance fan too.

I hope the show doesnt get like NCIS LA where it's all chasing terrorist cells and foiling bomb plots and assassinations. NCIS is supposed to investigate Navy and Marine Corps crimes too like. Im in the middle of catching up on NCIS LA and I think I have only come across one ep in the last 30 that they actually went to see to investigate a death of an agent afloat. I hope NCIS sticks to the traditional investigating. leave the international stuff to the CIA. :D

Cannot wait for S11. returns in the US in sept. wonder when it is back this side of the pond.

They made a pilot (I think) for another spin off, NCIS: Red, I believe, but it didn't get picked up. From what I read at the time they wanted to protect the core arm of the franchise. I've never watched LA. I think some of the ongoing story arcs with NCIS are part of its strength even if they sometimes default to terrorism, bombings, etc. Going by past experience, season 11 will probably hit FX in January 2014.

I have just watch the NCIS LA ep with the RED team and I have to say, I wouldnt have touched it if I was an exec. its too doppleganger. same type of characters except they are in 2 shipping containers that they bring to crime scenes around the country. Im not sure if NCIS have a unit like that in reality, but it just didnt really feel plausible.

They are very slow to release the box sets. S9 boxset isnt out til Sept. nearly 2 years after it aired. :( I hate having to wait!!!

• Advertisement

That doesn't surprise me. There's only so many times you can repeat the formula along with having a some fancy piece of technology that solves almost everything (within the same show brand) before people get tired of it.

That's pretty daft about the DVDs. I see from Wiki they wait I a long time. Not sure why, but I'm a bit cynical about marketing strategies and releases. The show is hugely popular in the US, so I presume it'll be around for a while yet, but I'm not sure it really sells here. Enjoyed episodes of JAG when it was on when I was young.

Season 11 -
    New character for the post Ziva era, Agent Bishop...because socially awkward isn't a standard go to TV thing...we'll see.

Source

Lads, came across this today - BOONDOCKS!!1

http://youtu.be/xB4ydgcvXgk

Was hoping Gibbs would join in. :pac:

I wouldn't mind Diane Neal back full time as Special Agent Abigail Borin, she worked well with all the team and have a few sparks with Gibbs imo more so than Jamie Lee Curtis (she was awful on the show)

Agreed. I couldn't warm to Curtis's character, at all.

I do like Borin, but she's too like Gibbs for them to use her regularly.

• Advertisement

That link mentioned Jenny...I liked her as well.

Advertisement