Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on External Tax Websites to be Confined Here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Vicxas wrote: »
    McGaggs wrote: »
    I can't understand why anyone would sort their Irish tax with this shower. It's more hassle than doing it yourself.

Whats the easiest way?

You can sort it out directly with Revenue, they even have a service where you can sort your tax out by text. There's no reason to be paying commission to anyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

paye online is extremely easy to use no need for messing around with commission

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Used them before only to calculate and break down what I was owed from Revenue. I then sent an e-mail to Revenue requesting my money back without having to pay the 10 or 12% fee.

Win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Lettergone

Thanks for all the replies people.

I sent a letter of complaint last night, and guess what they found the letter today. Really don't trust them, but I'll take the free assement and then go via
    Revenue as many have suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Lettergone

Thanks for all the replies people.

I sent a letter of complaint last night, and guess what they found the letter today. Really don't trust them, but I'll take the free assement and then go via
    Revenue as many have suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Taxback or any other agency are grand for taking care of foreign tax refunds like Oz etc. There is no reason to use them for Irish PAYE reviews.
    Just use PAYE Anytime for free from Revenue. It's like internet banking. There are videos to show you what to do and everything's colour coded. Green is for what you have already claimed, blue for what you may be able to claim and grey for unable to claim. There are help and info boxes all over it. Also it has a 48 hour turnaround verus up to 10 weeks using paper claim forms.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/online/paye-anytime.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

They aren't a scam, but they are rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 abizmo

I've never claimed any tax back. I've been working the last 4 years on and off, so I registered with PAYE anytime. I logged on for the first time today and looking back through the years I have about 2000 for each one, but it says underneath it "claimed" does this mean I can't claim this money? I haven't received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 carlowguy1983

Hi,

I decided to use taxback.com about 2 & a half months ago.

I was given an initial estimate for both years (one for €518 & one for €320). It took almost two months for them to complete the claim. I emailed them the documents immediately after getting my estimation and I had to logon to their website on numerous occassions & chat to their advisors to prompt them to progress further with my application). Two weeks ago, I decided to call revenue and see what was happening (they processed my refund for year 1 which in the end only amounted to €158 before their deducted their €40 fee). There was no request submitted for year 2, which revenue processed over the phone within minutes. Because my profile had been changed to taxback.coms bank details they received my refund (which totalled only €58 not €320) and deducted their €40 fee.

I registered for Revenue online last week and received my pin within 3 days. I noticed that I had not requested a balancing statement or input health expenses for 2008. I did this and the next morning received an email notifying me of the refund due (which has now hit my bank account). It took me less than 20 minutes to register for revenue online & claim my credits, which I received notification of refund for within 24 hours and had the money in my bank account within a couple of days).

Taxback.com are an unnecessary hassle. You can claim your credits and balancing statements online without waiting two months & chasing them for updates, for which you then pay the privilege of at least €40 out of the money due back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I've just applied to get set up on the Revenue website having been given an estimated refund of over 1000 euro by taxback.com (which I'm not going to use having read up on them). Is it really simple to sort this out? I've never applied for a tax refund. I think I'm owed a refund for the health insurance levy as well, as I was working part time for a couple of years - is this done separately?

Sorry for all the questions, just can't get my head around this.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

avoid like the plague,incompetent cowboys,liars as well.told me they were doing xyz but was dragging on for eternity,rang revenue to be told taxback hadant even contacted them,forget it

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

I for one had a great experience with Taxback.com. I would highly recommend them.
    But then again people who have good experience s don't hop online to tell everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

sharky86 wrote: »
    I for one had a great experience with Taxback.com. I would highly recommend them.
    But then again people who have good experience s don't hop online to tell everyone.

are you not people

• Site Banned Posts: 24 Seaney86

just spotted this thread and thought id give my 2cents worth!!

I know you can go to the revenue yourself and claim back tax but alot of revenue offices aren't too forthcoming (letterkenny for example) with info on this and not everybody has time or may not be able to understand the website etc.

Myself and two mates used a local crowd to claim back tax and couldnt have been happier. I only recieved €476 because i only work part time but the two other fellas got between €1450 and €1980. It was a local firm (taxclinic.ie) that we used after a customer was in work all happy with her cheque that she was just out spending lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I too received alot of prompts from taxback.com to submit a return through them.

I continue to use my paye but I don't find it overly straightforward and can easily see why someone might turn to a site like taxback.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I used taxback to get my tax back from Belgium and Germany. Yes they also have online systems abroad, but it's very difficult to navigate as a foreigner.

For Irish tax I don't know why anyone would bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

I did my own returns online for the first time this year, normally i'd have sent in the med 1 form and letter for medical insurance fees through work.

Out of curiousity I used taxback.com as a guide to work out how much i might be getting on Med expenses.

Stupid mistake on my part was to fill out the contact details section of the site...

4 phone calls which I ignored and 2 emails trying to get me to sign up....no thanks

giftgrub wrote: »
    I did my own returns online for the first time this year, normally i'd have sent in the med 1 form and letter for medical insurance fees through work.

Out of curiousity I used taxback.com as a guide to work out how much i might be getting on Med expenses.

Stupid mistake on my part was to fill out the contact details section of the site...

4 phone calls which I ignored and 2 emails trying to get me to sign up....no thanks

Eh it doesn't clearly say it's a registration form and you do know that if you just answered the first call and told them no thanks then they ain't going to waste there time calling you again. It's your own fault then for getting four calls

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lilardo

Hi, i have just received a text refund for the year 2012 however have not included receipts of my rental payments. is it possible to still receive this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Why bother paying anybody to do personal tax returns.

I have done a few, fairly easy with a bit of reading.

Revenue online services are good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Lilardo wrote: »
    Hi, i have just received a text refund for the year 2012 however have not included receipts of my rental payments. is it possible to still receive this ?

Depends on when you started renting. Renting tax credits may no longer apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lilardo

Hi, i started renting in Spetember of 2012and im still here until May 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Lilardo wrote: »
    Hi, i started renting in Spetember of 2012and im still here until May 2013
    Unless you were renting before December 2010, you can't claim the rent tax credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stunne

*Do Not Use Taxback.com! 'Tax refunds easy!'-don't quote them. As a customer you're passed from one rep. to another and none of them seem to communicate with each other as every single person gives you different information. Since about one month into the process I was told wrong information which they knew were wrong making me believe documents had been finalised and sent days before they actuall...y had. I have spoke to approx. 15-20+ reps. on different occasions and through different channels and every time I'm given different contradictory information to the last in regards to time quotes and when they actually finalise your paperwork, and then to be told it's your fault because YOU misunderstood!?-what a joke! If you got your company in order, organised your files and how you update clients online files, communicated with each other, stopped passing clients around and misinforming them and also retrained some of your staff on how to talk to customers ie. chat helpdesk you might be able to salvage somewhat of a strong customer base but by comments already on here you're not off to the best start. I understand they are not responsible for how long the tax office takes to do things, but they are responsible for giving customers ONE time quote from the beginning and communicating to the customer about what is actually happening and not providing misinformation and to inform their colleagues of what is happening with the customer properly so they don't say something completely different, or better yet stop passing customers off onto on another. Originally quoted 2-3 weeks, then 4-6 weeks, then 1-2weeks, then 6-8weeks then after issuing a compliant someone went back in and altered my online file to say I had always been issued a time frame of 8-12(joke!) then followed up by a phone call to say they'd hoped to have it in four days which would have been April 12th, still no sign so spoke again to two reps. in the past week one quoting 2-3 weeks and the other quoting 8-12 weeks who also I might add had a serious attitude problem. As i work in customer service I'm such an easy customer always empathising with the staff on the other end and never ever complain so for me to be sitting down and taking the time to write this it's only because I'm so annoyed and feel messed around. Save yourself a serious serious headache and don't bother with Taxback.com

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭paulpd

Does anyone have any idea of what they charge for a standard Form 11 for a PAYE worker with one rental property?

They won't give a quote over the phone, which is fine. Although the information they would be given would be a P60 and a schedule showing rental income and the various deductions.

If anyone has used them maybe you could let me know what the cost was?

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭paulpd

paulpd wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea of what they charge for a standard Form 11 for a PAYE worker with one rental property?

They won't give a quote over the phone, which is fine. Although the information they would be given would be a P60 and a schedule showing rental income and the various deductions.

If anyone has used them maybe you could let me know what the cost was?

Thanks a lot.

This post was moved to a Taxback.com thread. Taxassist is completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Hey I got sent a link from a jobs search website to a Taxback.com calculator.

It basically says that I am entitled to all of my tax back which seems way too good to be true and then sent me a more comprehensive form to fill out and send back to them.

I've never done anything like this ( I have recently been thinking of registering on revenue.ie and getting my PIN and all that) but just wondering has anyone dealt with these guys before...should I avoid or have I nothing to lose?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Sorry, in my haste I didn't see the sticky for the feedback on Tax sites.

It has pretty much all the info I need, apologies to Mods this can be closed/deleted as appropriate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JohnSmith1234

TaxBack is complete Garbage. Do you really want to pay 1000 Euros for some guy offshore to process all your forms...Just go online and hire your own guy in India to do it if you want..... save yourself the 900 Euro slave wage mark up.. Do not touch..
    Do not touch..
    Do not touch..
    Do not touch..
    Do not touch..
    Do not touch..
    Do not touch..

• Advertisement

Eh you know there are based in Kilkenny and Dublin don't you JohnSmith1234?

Advertisement