Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Accountancy Jobs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Due to some staff changes the company I'm working for in Gibraltar (captive management) will be looking for accounting staff. I don't know the details yet and unfortunately there never seem to be online ads to link to but if there are any qualified accountants/part qual with insurance experience (or both!) who are interested in finding out more, send me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

We're looking for a immediately available accountant for a three week stint with a small practice. If you are immediately available with experience preparing final accounts within practice, drop me a dm. €50k.....

We're looking for a Qualified Accountant for a practice in D12. Mix of audit, management accounts and tax experience needed.

Pm me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Francesco10

• Advertisement

We're looking for a corporate recovery senior/manager at around the €60k mark for a top 20 practice in Dublin.....

pm me for more details.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 C16M12

Hi,

I have a position for a part qualified or newly qualified accountant (preferably ACA, ACCA or CIMA). The role is very dynamic and will include management accounting, financial reporting, payroll processing, tax compliance and budgeting in an industry environment. There will be potential career progression for the right candidate.

I am looking for someone who is ambitious, hard working and a fast learner. The right candidate will have strong excel skills and some exposure to the accounting areas mentioned above although significant hands-on training will be provided.

If interested, please send a CV to jobrefc16m12j029@gmail.com

Thankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭swanvill

Hi,
    A friend needs an accountant for 10 to 20 hours a month. He is running a start up used car business in Dublin. The person must have detailed knowledge of Autoview(an essential requirement)and be familiar with motor trade. Initially it will be preparing monthly management accounts, filing PAYE & VAT returns and weekly payroll (4 people).

If you have the required experience please email me your CV by close of business by 21st Of September. My email address is sean.hayden@accountingplusireland.com

This is a part time role, you will be self employed & a monthly rate can be agreed at the interview stage.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0919/jobs-limerick-financial.html
    The company, which has been established in the city for a number of years, already employs 300 people and is anticipated to almost double that number in the coming years.
    Probably Northern Trust fund accounting type jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Part qualified and trainee accoutant wanted for immediate start in Dublin 15 based firm of Chartered Accountants. PM me for details

• Advertisement

We're looking for a Income Tax Compliance Senior for a Part Time role in Dublin 2. Ideally Top 20 qualified. Pm me for more

We have a role on www.adverts.ie for a Financial Accountant with two years PQE in a multinational and a Big 4 Practice background.

Immediate start. Permanent role.

http://www.adverts.ie/2207790

If you know of someone who could do this role, we offer a €250 referral voucher to Brown Thomas for successful introductions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 toninoroseno

The Celtus Group is operating a shared service for SME companies in Mainland Europe. The centre is currently based near Amsterdam. We have plans to move this accounting centre to Ireland in 2013. Qualified people in the region of Cork may come forward to apply.

Hard skills: Solid accountancy and bookkeeping knowledge
    Solid knowledge of European VAT rules and INTRASTAT procedure
    Solid MS-Office Skills
    Experience with SME accounting packages: e.g. Quickbooks 2010 and higher, Sage line 50 or line 100.

Softskills : ability to read on European major language beyond English and Irish (e.g. German, Dutch, French).
    You must be able to work with low supervision. We are interested to buy your results, not your time

Applicants interested may apply, using PM as first contact

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Opportunities Overseas

Hi all,
    I am brand new to this forum and I hope this is the right place to post.

Putting a flag out to say that an overseas jobs expo called Opportunites Overseas is in Dublin next week on the 13th November and is looking to meet a wide range of accountants and senior finance people. they are here specifically to interview and recruit for New Zealand

You can find out more information here www.workingin-events.com
    And I've pasted a bit of information below.

Please post back and I can answer any questions.
    Best regards from NZ
    Hayley

You will remember that in February 2011, Christchurch NZ was damaged by a major earthquake. Christchurch is now gearing up to rebuild the city and this will involve spending $30bn to $40bn over the next 5 – 10 years. As part of the rebuild there will be lots of opportunities for people to advance their career and interestingly the rebuild in Christchurch will drive significant GDP growth, while the rest of the world struggles its way through the recession.

At the moment, with numerous construction projects getting underway there is a lot of demand for construction personnel, but equally the rebuild requires Accountants and Auditors. That is where Christchurch will have opportunities for accounting & finance people like yourself to be part of something really special and to advance your career while experiencing a different way of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Krissy1983

I am based in Waterford I have been working in accounts for 6years now doing all aspects of accounts for SME's.I am looking for a trainee accountant role where I can do my degree.I have alot of exprience with all aspects of accounts and payroll.

If anyone knows where I could get a role like that near Waterford, please let me know!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

And again there are job openings in the company I'm working for in Gibraltar (captive insurance management). One preferably for qualified (and even better with insurance experience), one would be for account technician or part qualified. There have been a few job openings lately, so always worth sending a pm if it’s something you’d be interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

any internships/trainnee positions going in Mullingar/Dublin area! Based in kildare!? I know it the other way around but no harm asking:) 2.2 from NUIM and full CAP 1 exemptions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paulgmccabe

Job in London working as an Investment/Fund Accountant for a Fund of Fund Hedge Funds. This position would suit a person working in Fund Admin in Ireland who is planning to move to the UK. The firm is based in Mayfair. Salary of £35k-£40k depending on experience and the position is permanent subject to a 6 month probationary period. Please get in touch if you are interested or know anybody interested. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

jus_tin4 wrote: »
    any internships/trainnee positions going in Mullingar/Dublin area! Based in kildare!? I know it the other way around but no harm asking:) 2.2 from NUIM and full CAP 1 exemptions!

BDM mullingar are hiring .

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aine1981

My company has a role for a Finance Administrator. Contract for 6 months possible permanency. Duties include credit control, processing credit notes, provide assistance at month end, archiving and various office admin. Job would suit someone starting career and looking for broad experience in a very busy finance department in private sector. The job is in Shannon co Clare.
    Please PM your interest to me by 25th of Mar. Job is also being advertised.
    Regards
    Ann

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Kingdom Girl

Any opportunities in Accountancy in Cork?im an Acca finalist, multinational experience and speak german!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Anyone interested in working for the Bank for International Settlements in Basle Switzerland?

Here is the link for an accounting position...

I don't work there, but I've lived in Switzerland for almost 25 years and will be happy to answer an questions I can.

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/campaignAdvert/7033.htm
    The Comptroller and Auditor General's office is hiring trainee auditors. If it were in Galway I would apply myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Accounts Payable Intern
    Analog Devices in Limerick are looking for an Accounts payable administrator on the jobbridge scheme.
    I cannot recommend this company highly enough for the training the intern will get and for any one looking to start out their career in accountancy this is a must to apply for.

http://jobseeker.fas.ie/Default.aspx...awvpass4uOnhA=

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Luminant

I will hold my hand up to say that I've been away from Ireland for over five years now so apologies if I have totally misread the market but a good mate of mine is in Germany working for one of the banks and told me he is keen to bring a couple of Irish CAs out there to work on a controls project.

He tells me he can't get a single decent applicant which I have to say was a bit of a surprise based on all the young CAs I run into over here in Australia telling me they are here because they can't get good jobs at home.

Have all the newly quals who want a move out of practice got industry options now as the situation improves?

He is offering about Euro 40k and initial 12 month contracts - is he below market rates?

He is originally from Brisbane and is now thinking he might try to bring a couple of Aussies over there so I thought I'd ask the question on the boards to keep it open for the Irish!

Basically, if you are a newly qualified from a big frirm who has audited financial services, you are a big chance.

Details of the job are:

Role description:
    The BCRT is an independent team of documenters and testers responsible for executing daily SOX tasks required at the Business Unit level to ensure all SOX compliance deadlines are met.

Responsibilities:
    Update scoping documentation and templates (e.g. risk overlay, list of in-scope processes and sub-processes) on SOX Express.
    Update existing documentation, for changes occurring within the processes and document new in-scope processes, key controls and test plans.
    Undertake design effectiveness assessments of all key controls in line with the group’s methodology and record assessments in SOX Express on a timely basis.
    Execute test plans by performing tests (DE & OE) as prescribed by the test plans and to required standards and timescales.
    Ensure evidence is gathered during testing to support initial conclusions reached.
    Identify and document issues arising from control deficiencies in SOX Express. Escalate issues as required and assist BCRT Head.
    Ensure SOX Express is up to date at all times with all relevant documents attached, where necessary.
    Review quality of data on SOX Express on a periodic basis and undertake data cleaning exercises in SOX Express as required.
    Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business including strong influencing skills and stakeholder management across business and group.
    Ad hoc requests (e.g. for MI reports from SOX Express) and queries are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
    Contributing to the reporting of the status of SOX data.

Knowledge:
    - Minimum Bachelor degree in business, economics, auditing or controlling.
    - 2+ years working in Finance in Insurance and Banking Industry or auditing them
    - Knowledge of SOX Methodology

Skills:
    - Good communication including strong influencing skills and stakeholder management skills.
    - Analytical, flexible, independent, accurate and high credibility/reliable.
    - Deep understanding of (financial) processes and risk & control assessments.
    - Strong relationship builder with key persons in business.
    - Good Microsoft Office skills (Power point, Excel and MS Access).
    Experience
    - Strong IT systems experience, preferably SOX Express, CLASS, LF3, LF4
    - Process documentation, Process Mapping and Flowcharting
    - Analytical analysis of financial processes.
    - Good understanding of data models and analysis (preferable life insurance models).
    - Working in a large international company with deep liaison with head office.
    - Working within a matrix structure with inter - dependencies to the business and HO.

If anyone is interested, drop me a line and I will put you in touch with him but equally so, if he has pitched the role out of step with the market, please let me know and I will put him straight.

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Racman

I am looking for an accounting trainee for the software company where I work in Dublin 2. Must be a relevant graduate (i.e. a significant accounting content) and willing/able to undertake study for an accounting qualification. Good training provided (by me, qualified accountant). Job available now. Send me a pm if interested. [mod edit] Please keep communications to PM.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

It looks like the UN will be looking for some people this year: UN Careers....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 accountmeout

Accountancy trainee junior/ part qualified accountant required for a small practice in West Dublin.

Must have at least 1 years experience preferably in a small practice.

More details added.

This is a junior position in a small practice. We require somebody who has some working knowledge of bank recs., bookkeeping and helping with audit prep.
    Ideally someone who would like to pursue a qualification with ACCA or already in the process of studying for the qualification.

Job available asap.

Please contact by PM for contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

The Position:
    • Work closely with the Managing Director and senior managements of the company in the finance operation of the company.
    • Preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting results to the Managing Director.
    • Monitoring and reporting of revenue performance of each department of the company on a weekly basis.
    • Debtor management on a daily basis.
    • Oversee the accounts payable function of the company.
    • Deadline management.
    • Completion of the year end audit file, and presentation of same to external auditors.
    • HR administration duties.
    • Administration of funding applications and grant claims.
    • Ad hoc reports for MD on utilities of the business
    • Cost control management
    • Office management is an advantage

Technical Ability:

• Candidate will have a relevant accounting qualification
    • Three years relevant experience in industry or practice.
    • Must be proficient in working in MS Office 365 suite and also an aptitude for IT systems.
    • Should possess good people management skills,

Details

Salary up to €35,000 DOE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 fruitman

Hi,

I have recently set up a company and have been using quickbooks for my accounts.
    I'm looking for a bookkeeper for 1 day a week to look after all receipts, bank rec etc. Based in North Dublin.

I haven't done a bank rec since starting business in Feb but have entered all bills etc. I have an accountant that has filed all vat returns and looks after wages etc.

Turning over about 20k a month with a food delivery business.

Anyone know of any good bookkeepers or where would be a good place to look, please let me know.

Thanks

Advertisement