Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clutch - Earth Rocker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah been listening to a good bit. Great album, they've gotta make over here this winter hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just listened whole way through, its a lovely album. Better see them live soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Saw them live in Brussels at the start of February, new songs sounded brilliant live especially Crucial Velocity. Love the intro to Book, Saddle and Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Got it a few days ago and listened to it in fits and starts. Really like the sound of it so far, though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

found it last night on Spotify, I really like it.

It's good to see rockin' bands like this get even better!

Firstly the new Soundgarden was brilliant and now this.

It's a good time to like rock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Instead of making a new thread I might as well bump this, just got Blast Tyrant last week and sweet jesus what an album. If ever an album was made for drinking on a sunny day it's this one. One of the most fun albums I've ever heard. But that's not to do it a disservice and say it's some light and fluffy, plastic, happy album with no sticking power, it's actually quite a dense album with amazing song writing. The thing hits like a tonne of bricks. Neil Fallon's vocals and lyrics really tie the whole thing together, even if I haven't a clue what he's on about half the time!
    I believe Subtle Hustle will be the soundtrack to my summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Instead of making a new thread I might as well bump this, just got Blast Tyrant last week and sweet jesus what an album. If ever an album was made for drinking on a sunny day it's this one. One of the most fun albums I've ever heard. But that's not to do it a disservice and say it's some light and fluffy, plastic, happy album with no sticking power, it's actually quite a dense album with amazing song writing. The thing hits like a tonne of bricks. Neil Fallon's vocals and lyrics really tie the whole thing together, even if I haven't a clue what he's on about half the time!
    I believe Subtle Hustle will be the soundtrack to my summer.

Cracking album.

Did you get the reissue that comes with the bonus cd Basket Of Eggs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

It's in the post at the moment. Couldn't help myself downloading the main album while I wait for it. I've heard it's one those bonus disks that's actually very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FunkyBarSteward

Kess73 wrote: »
    Anyone else got this?

Have had it and the new John Grant album on heavy rotation the last day or two.

Defo a rockier album and harks back to some of their earlier stuff.

What it actually reminds me of in places is the Rollins Band album Weight. Some similar bass work, and a similar feel at times. Shades of Monster Magnet and FNM as well. Little bit of Thin Lizzy in there too.

Clutch are back baby. Woooooo.

Must have played "Unto The Breach" An infinite amount of times...

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Wow. This album is a cracker.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 rusty180

clutch are the **** nuff said

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They are coming over here next April/May
    CLUTCH is currently booking a full UK tour that will start April 22nd and run through May 9th in Ireland. Confirmed dates, support and tickets links will be posted shortly at

http://www.pro-rock.com.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/CLUTCH-Receives-Global-Accolades-for-Earth-Rocker.html?soid=1103380377696&aid=fezZk--DCvQ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

yes! Delighted at that news.

Tickets shall be bought immediately, this is amazing news!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Academy on May 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Awesome, couldn't of picked a better venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭zonular

That just made my day!!! Any idea when tickets are on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Friday me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Yep, Friday at 9am according to the Academy's facebook feed.

• Advertisement

I think everybody going should wear Bono masks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Crap date for me eughuehgue exams.

9th OF MAY BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

ticket bought. ridiculously excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Can't wait for this been hoping for years that they would come back here. The support band Lionize are really good aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Mushy wrote: »
    I think everybody going should wear Bono masks!

I ****ing love Army of Bono, the lyrics are genius!

fobster wrote: »
    I ****ing love Army of Bono, the lyrics are genius!

Thats why it'd be awesome. Really hope they play it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Only recently got into clutch,awesome band!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This gig is going to be savage. It's impossible to listen to Clutch without smiling. There'll be such a good buzz in the room.

Advertisement