Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ucas

Options
  • 19-10-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hello, only recently decided I may throw in my hat into ucas, my career guidance woman in school is impossible to get a hold of. I've set up a ucas account and i've sorted a reference from a past teacher. Choosen a few courses i'd like to do from various colleges.
    What do I do next? Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

You need to write a personal statement. It's essentially an essay about yourself. What you're like, what you're interested in and why you should be chosen for the courses. You can search lots of examples online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shimaa H

Does anyone know how your predicted grades are decided for Ucas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Unoriginal Choice3

in my school your teachers get asked for them, i presume its the same everywhere!

I found this video really good when i was doing my personal statement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jQ3MJgdkJY

in my school your teachers get asked for them, i presume its the same everywhere!

I found this video really good when i was doing my personal statement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jQ3MJgdkJY

Thank you so much, I found the video really helpful!

I was wondering if I apply to a university that interviews applicants and can't go is it possible for me to be interviewed over the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 1245

HI just want to know that Il be doing my leaving cert in 2014 so when do I apply for the ucas this year or next year

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 1245

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

1245 wrote: »
    HI just want to know that Il be doing my leaving cert in 2014 so when do I apply for the ucas this year or next year

The school year you sit the exams.

Advertisement