Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hopefully McIroy crashes out today

+1

Pretty sure everybody who backed him to not make the cut feels the same in fact, along with everybody else of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Fred Couples top senior; was drunk when I read that so forgot about it. The house would've been on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,247 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Fred Couples top senior; was drunk when I read that so forgot about it. The house would've been on it :(

Fantastic bet alright . Looking good so far but that could change fairly quickly at the masters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

I fancy Fowler 22/1 E/W at Boylesports still placing 5 ways.. Minus his double bogeys today he was eight under.. He might have cleaner rounds and pull away from Woods.. Take him early and hope his price will be cut to around 6 tomorrow evening

i would not be too keen to dive in,he's last out today so that won't help,today should suit the early boys more than yesterday.
    Say it will get pretty quick late on as they got no rain and they won't want scores going crazy so i'd say they're removing any moisture out of the greens for sure before the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

i would not be too keen to dive in,he's last out today so that won't help,today should suit the early boys more than yesterday.
    Say it will get pretty quick late on as they got no rain and they won't want scores going crazy so i'd say they're removing any moisture out of the greens for sure before the start.

Maybe so :O I looked at the forecast this morning and there is still a chance of rain around midday there so let's hope.. Have a tenner each way so should be fun

• Advertisement

Maybe so :O I looked at the forecast this morning and there is still a chance of rain around midday there so let's hope.. Have a tenner each way so should be fun

yeah rain seems to be just stopping and that should be it for the day.
    Anyone teeing off soon has slight advantage.
    Also, good chance of a storm late Sunday afternoon which could mess things up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

yeah rain seems to be just stopping and that should be it for the day.
    Anyone teeing off soon has slight advantage.
    Also, good chance of a storm late Sunday afternoon which could mess things up a bit.

Haha I hope so. Tiger won't like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Strange, I clicked onto my current bets on betfair to see the odds on Couples now in comparison to the price I took him at to be top senior (13/8) He is now 3/10, which is fine, but Bernard is also 3/10!

Surely he should be a bit bigger the Freddie considering Fred is 3 strokes clear of him? Was considering having a cover shot on him but not at that price obviously!

edit: lol and Vihay is 2! So Freddit 1.3, Bernie 1.3 and Vijay 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Paddy Power's top 3 odds on The Masters heading into Saturday and Sunday; Tigger 5/2, Day 13/2 and Rory etc. 12/1.

Leaderboard; -6, -5,-5, -4, -4, -4, 7 x -3, 6 x -1, 7 x -1.

Whoever made the odds for PP's market here is clearly lost, they are there for the taking. Unfortunately my intelligence extends to mere guess work. Anybody with any enlightening tips from now?

David Lynn was tipped at 350/1 before it began with the Racing Post I think, not Palmer's tips. He is -3 now and 80/1. My own hunch for a decent bet is Donald -1, 50/1 or Immelman -1, 150/1 and Sandy Lyle +1, 750/1.

1/5 odds, 4 places.

EDIT: Gonna add Tiger 5/2 to that. My plan is to back him BIG, in-running early tomorrow. Heading out drinking for the Munster Leinster game so am worried alcohol may influence the size of the bet I put on! "€1,000,000, or the entire balance of my bank a/c".

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lostsoul21

Have woods backed at 9/2 already and considering going in again at 5/2.However with news of potential disqualification how would this leave my bets

• Advertisement

Woods is almost at 5/1 ahead of this decision

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Woods is almost at 5/1 ahead of this decision

What is the general consensus ? Will he walk free or be punished ?

fangee wrote: »

Not sure. Plenty of experts reckon he should be disqualified.

His odds are drifting bigtime on betfair. At this rate he'll be 10/1 in a half hour!

Backed him at 7s on betfair earlier.realise he could easily be DQ but effectively getting triple odds so worth the risk.had intended on putting 100 on him at5-2 so I'm happy with 50 at 7s especially given that PP are refunding initial stakes if he does get DQ.my initial stake was 100 at 9/2 so currently three outcomes for ,e.He gets DQ which leaves me down 50 on start of week.He plays on and fails to win which leaves me down 150.or he goes on to win which leaves me with 2 winning bets 100 at 9/2 and 50 at 7/1 translating to 800 profit.cmon tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

fangee wrote: »

Rules are rules , if they force a 14 year old kid to drop a shot as a result of breaking a rule then Tiger should of course be held to the same standards. I hope he isn't dq as it will take a lot of the excitement out of the tournament. PP said they will refund everyone's stake on Tiger if he is dq, which is something I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Hoki wrote: »
    Rules are rules , if they force a 14 year old kid to drop a shot as a result of breaking a rule then Tiger should of course be held to the same standards. I hope he isn't dq as it will take a lot of the excitement out of the tournament. PP said they will refund everyone's stake on Tiger if he is dq, which is something I suppose.

I missed the incident. So you think he'll be out ?

Other opinions ?

I'll be devastated. Biggest bet ever so I'll be sick for days if it goes down like this. Don't mind losing but not like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

had a small bet on stricker at 66/1 this morning.
    pp seem to be giving money back on tiger if hes dq

Is there an arb opportunity here .for example put 100 on woods to not be DQ at 6/4.if he's not then put 250 on him at 5/2 to win returning 875.if you lay him on betfair at 5s with a liability of 800 this returns 75 if he wins and circa 50 if he gets Doesn't win .correct me if these figures are incorrect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭sully123

lostsoul21 wrote: »
    Is there an arb opportunity here .for example put 100 on woods to not be DQ at 6/4.if he's not then put 250 on him at 5/2 to win returning 875.if you lay him on betfair at 5s with a liability of 800 this returns 75 if he wins and circa 50 if he gets Doesn't win .correct me if these figures are incorrect

who is offering the dsq market?

Victor chandler are offering it at 6/4 he stays 1/2 he goes however price has changed to 5/6 the pair now so opportunity lost

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

2 shot penalty for Tiger!

JLoftus wrote: »
    2 shot penalty for Tiger!

That's fair enough imo, at least the guys in charge are consistent. 5 shots off the lead, he needs at least a 68/69 today to stay in contention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I think im gonna cry.... I lumped on Tiger big time last night after his round. 5/2 ew.... Now this 2 shot penalty has f**ked me..

I doubt im the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Hoki wrote: »
    That's fair enough imo, at least the guys in charge are consistent. 5 shots off the lead, he needs at least a 68/69 today to stay in contention.

How are they consistent?

Anyone else would have been DQ. Pressure from TV,sponsors etc is whats behind this decision.

How are they consistent?

Anyone else would have been DQ. Pressure from TV,sponsors etc is whats behind this decision.

Maybe , but if that was the case they wouldn't have acted at all , it was only after his interview last night that they decided to act - they saw nothing wrong with the incident originally. I'm glad he's still in it but if he does go onto win he's going to have this "tainted" major on his record which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

i done snedeker ew on thursday with paddy power, and just realised i didnt take a price.. will i get price on the board at time of bet ? or will it be void?

browner85 wrote: »
    i done snedeker ew on thursday with paddy power, and just realised i didnt take a price.. will i get price on the board at time of bet ? or will it be void?

ur on whatever price it was at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Cheers wasn't sure . Hope he keeps up good play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I fancy Adam Scott to win it now but no value in him at 7/2.

The only value I see is Marc Leishman at 25/1 in Ladbrokes.

He's only 2 of the lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I'm on Cabrera (110/1), Snedeker (35/1), Kuchar (35/1) and Day (55/1), all each way. Hope to god there's no implosion and that the big Argentinean can bring it home for me!

Advertisement