Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airsoft West of the Shannon?

• 10-04-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

Some of us involved in planning the Rionegro game were having a discussion at the weekend about where to publicise the event - shops and sites.

While we were doing this it occurred to me that other than Tigerland, there seems to be little happening west of the Shannon.

Are there any other shops and sites in Connaught, or is this an Airsoft desert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

Hey Sliabh,

There is Galway Airsoft Supplies in Galway city

http://galwayairsoftsupplies.com/

but Tigerland is the only official site I am aware of in Connacht. I play up there regularly and I believe there is a group going over for the game. I hear of a lot of "unofficial" gaming going on in Galway but I wouldn't get involved with that and can't substantiate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Funnily enough shortly after I asked this question I found myself on a stag weekend in Lahinch. And without my prompting it, we ended up a Tombstone Airsoft west of Ennis. With Tigerland then than makes at least 2 sites west of the Shannon.

The guy running the place says they have been there 3 years. The website is down, but there are photos and contact details here.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

sliabh wrote: »
    Funnily enough shortly after I asked this question I found myself on a stag weekend in Lahinch. And without my prompting it, we ended up a Tombstone Airsoft west of Ennis. With Tigerland then than makes at least 2 sites west of the Shannon.

The guy running the place says they have been there 3 years. The website is down, but there are photos and contact details here.

Wow, how on earth did this place stay off the radar so long?

jayod30 wrote: »
    Wow, how on earth did this place stay off the radar so long?
    I guess it all comes down to advertising. It takes a bit of effort to get the word out that you have a new business, especially when you are blazing a trail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

There's actually another site in clare called Broadford, and another site in Limerick but technically Clare ;) called Urban Ops, and one in Limerick called L.A.C

I know you said Connaught but shur Clare was one in Connaught :)

• Advertisement

Shane_ef wrote: »
    There's actually another site in clare called Broadford, and another site in Limerick but technically Clare ;) called Urban Ops, and one in Limerick called L.A.C

I know you said Connaught but shur Clare was one in Connaught :)
    Urban Ops is over the Shannon all right.

AFAIK the place in Broadford (Adventure Weekend Airsoft) is no longer in operation. But I am open to correction there.

I have a Google map I have been marking up with all the sites I know are active.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

sliabh wrote: »
    I have a Google map I have been marking up with all the sites I know are active.

What an excellent idea and hats off to you for making the effort :)

Advertisement