Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Match Thread*** Tue 9/4 19:15 WES2 The Gary Abletts

Options
  • 04-04-2013 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

First game of the season, meeting at Wesley at 645 on Tuesday 9th April

Derek - in
    Cathal - in
    Ciaran
    Collie - in
    Damian
    Darren -in
    Dave
    Gar
    Jules - work
    Keith - in
    Neill - in

Stephen - in
    Wes
    Derek Mr
    Craig - in
    Chris
    Liam
    Paddy -in
    Marsen - in
    Dermo - in

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

1st game of the season and one to throw down the marker on.
    Compared to the last few seasons a lot of these teams are new and we havent played them before.

Given the football we've played and the last 2 games and with the players we've added we are in a very good position to challenge for the league this year, but its important we start well.

See you all Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

think ill be ok for this so put us down :)

how about an assists table in the season stats there heli :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tried it before Derek, never worked as we all forgot who got the assist!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

How's things lads? Just finished my season with my club now and have been looking for something to keep me going. Wondering if it's too late to join + I see ye're fairly ok numbers wise so all's good if it is too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

You can add me as a yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Derek - in
    Cathal - in
    Ciaran - in
    Collie - in
    Damian - in
    Darren -in
    Dave - in
    Gar - in
    Jules - work
    Keith - in
    Neill - in

Stephen - in
    Wes - in
    Derek Mr -in
    Craig - in
    Chris - out
    Liam - in
    Paddy -work
    Marsen - in
    Dermo - in

16 names down jaysus haha full squad you wouldnt get this turn out for an lsl team

EDIT: Baldy just seen your txt ye i need a lift iv no cred to txt ya back remember where you dropped me off the last time i can be there for whenever suits you best

Will collect you at 615 at that spot Derek - what's the name of the road?

Will collect you at 615 at that spot Derek - what's the name of the road?

Kennelsfort road lower in that little side road ya dropped me off cya there then mate

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Good Luck for Tonight in Your First Game Of The Season and For The Rest Of The Season. Hopefully You Can Do The Double. Give Wes Loads Of Shooting Practice. Gutted To Be Missing Out.

• Advertisement

Cheers Clay.

Decent start :D

Well done all, was it 7-1 in the end? We have a very strong squad with cover nearly everywhere there is no reason for us not to win the league. Wes scoring two goals with 3 touches was hilarious

Craig

Yeah, great start lads, great to see the new lads help to a comprehensive victory - but let's not get too carried away with ourselves, that was their first ever game together - while the majority of our team have played a couple of seasons together.

At least one genius substitution by the manager :pac

ankles ina jock hope its good for next week haha great start anyway lads lets just hope we can push on a few medals at the end of the season that would go down nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Yeah we shouldn't get too carried away with the scoreline. All due respect to that team but we should face tougher challenges in the weeks ahead.

I thought our midfield was particularly good tonight.

Some other scores from tonight.

Fabulous Benedictine Monks 1-0 drakesville united
    123.ie. 0-3 BallAlley Angels

Others not in yet

is the league table up on the website dont see the summer leagues anywhere

Is this link working?

ye works great nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

7-1 but lets not forget we went into half time 2-1 up against a very poor side who looked like they've never played a game together, against the other teams in the league we will get punished if we squander so many good chances.

It was a good opener to have and will build the confidence nicely, squad looks strong and we should do well for the season. We need to keep getting 16 up each week we scored so many near the end as a result of them being knackered and us having the advantage of fresh legs coming on and off, something they couldn't do.

One thing I did notice when we went 6 up we lost our shape and it turned into street football, we shouldn't do this we should play our game every time from tip off as if it's 0-0.

Great win and well done everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Well done lads, super start to the season. Keep it going now.

How far out where Wes's two goals from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Draupnir wrote: »
    Well done lads, super start to the season. Keep it going now.

How far out where Wes's two goals from?

2 shots from tip off.......:eek:

Advertisement