Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigar smokers, whats in your humidor

• 05-02-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

It's the smoking forum and I thought I would like to see more cigar action.

Currently I have ageing

Cohiba Siglo II
    Cohiba Siglo IV
    Cohiba Siglo VI

Monte Cristo junior
    Upmann magnum 48&50
    Hoyo de Monterrey piramides
    CAO, various types incl Soprano

Flying Pig, really looking forward to this, ageing 1 1/2 years so far, due to light in July

Couple of lancero's

Davidoff Marura T
    And some others. Anyone else wanna share.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Romeo 2s. Because that's what I smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

I have a few Monte Cristo's in there with a selection of Romeo 1's, 2's and 3's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mostly Partagas D2's and D4's - my GOTO cigar.
    I have a couple of The Decents Cigars Grafton salomones that I'm rather partial too.
    There is an Upmann #2 for when I'm looking for a medium cigar.
    Finally there is a Monte A. I had one of these before and was a bit dissapointed. Draw was poor, it may have been a bit damp. So I'm leaving it in the box for a bit longer till I'm sure it's in prime condition.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mostly Partagas D2's and D4's - my GOTO cigar.
    I have a couple of The Decents Cigars Grafton salomones that I'm rather partial too.
    There is an Upmann #2 for when I'm looking for a medium cigar.
    Finally there is a Monte A. I had one of these before and was a bit dissapointed. Draw was poor, it may have been a bit damp. So I'm leaving it in the box for a bit longer till I'm sure it's in prime condition.

I must have had a really bad partagras.
    Only smoked and found it really choking. Even the smoke did not smell right. I have one I'm the humi for 8 months. Might spark it up when the weather gets good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The Partagas is a full on stong cigar and it's never going to be the best cigar in the world but I found that they are remarkably consistant. I always get what I expect from them so they have become my day to day (or strictly speaking my month to month cigar). Being cheper then Cohibas, R&J etc is a bonus. Other cigars are treats for those nights where more then one cigar is going to be smoked.

Oh, just added a couple of Macanoodle (Macanudo) maduros to the box last night.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭miltonkrest

last years 3 RE's, bolivar ce's, monte 2's & ed's, ryj ex 3's etc

Glad to hear I am not the only with a box of sticks.

Good to see cigars moving on here again

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭paxo

Diplomaticos no 2
    Montecristo no 2
    Assorted Black Patch sticks from Kentucky

paxo wrote: »
    Diplomaticos no 2
    Montecristo no 2
    Assorted Black Patch sticks from Kentucky
    Paxo

What American cigars like. Only experience was the cao range which was a hit and miss for me

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭paxo

nanook wrote: »
    Paxo

What American cigars like. Only experience was the cao range which was a hit and miss for me

Nanook
    To be honest these are the only american cigars I've tried. I found them to be very different from the Diplomaticos or Monte Cristos I usually smoke, not as smooth or as much flavour. I came across them on a vist to Kentucky a few years back and have bought them on line since then. To me they are a good end of the day smoke while the Diplo's tend to be a saturday night reward smoke. Here is the web site like it give's an overview of their history and their various types of cigars
    http://www.blackpatchcigar.com/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DonPuro

Have just bought a box of Diplomaticos limited edition. Really good but I'll leave them for a few months before trying another. Got some Monte No.4's and some H.Upmann 46,48 and 50 plus a few L.E also. Just starting to build a collection.

You might want to get that humidor quickly.

I have a nice glass top Humidor, just need to fill it now.

So.. what's everyone got on at the moment. Enjoying a Bolivar royal corona at the moment and a nice bushmills

DonPuro wrote: »
    I have a nice glass top Humidor, just need to fill it now.

Careful where you store it. Cigars won't react to over exposure of sunlight.

Thanks for the advice but it's stored in a drinks cabinet

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

I'm new to cigar smoking and have never smoked before, I just put in my second order to Marca Fina for,
    3 Honduras Palma Larga single
    3 Dominican Republic Demi Corona single
    1 Nicaragua Lonsdale
    1 Brazil Robusto Breve (Short Robusto)
    5 Nicaragua Panatela

I have to say though that the nicest cigar I have had so far was a Hoyo de Monterrey limited edition.

Just added today, to my small collection, some Churchill Robustos Romeo y Julieta. Will spark one up later on. Should last me through the 9 o'clock news or maybe I'll leave it for Vincent Browne.

nanook wrote: »
    Careful where you store it. Cigars won't react to over exposure of sunlight.

The glass top humidor that I have was given to me, as a starter really. I now want to buy a new and slightly bigger one. So I was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions on what to go with, type, style any advice really. I would like to place it on a bookcase (out of direct sunlight)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

15x partagas shorts and 4 or 5 Marca fina sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lush

As I keep smoking them, the amounts keep changing, trying to keep the humidor stocked can be a struggle!

I have varying amounts of:
    • Motecristo Petit Tubos
    • Punch Punch
    • Cohiba Siglo II
    • Romeo Y Julieta Churchill
    • Partaga D4

I would like to try some non-Cubans but not really sure where to start…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭wallycharlo

... have about 17 or 18 Bolivar Belicosos left from a box I ordered recently, and also about 5 Bolivar Royal Coronas ... thinking about getting some Partagas D4 in as well :)...

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭quinnp

Just discovered this thread..

I Have..
    • 3 Upmann Magnum 46's
    • 2 AVO 'La trompeta' Ltd edition Belicosos.
    • 3 Torano virtuoso Robustos
    • 2 Fuente Don Carlos Robustos.
    • 3 CAO Concert Robustos.
    • 6 Jaime Garcia Robustos.
    • 2 La Libertad Robustos
    • 1 La Flor Dominicana Robusto.
    • 2 Rocky Patel Decade Toros.
    • 2 La aurora Preferidos.

& various other Nicaraguan, Dominican, & Honduran sticks that I cant remember off the top of my head.. (typing this in work).
    About 35- 40 sticks in total I'd imagine.

I'd smoke about 2-3 cigars a week I'd imagine so I like to keep a good selection on hand...:)

Time for an update.

Grafton reserva. (Really looking forward to this, smells fantastic)

Some more flying pigs for the holidays,
    Trinidad
    And a rocky Patel ( anyone got any thoughts on this, seems very rich and chocolate'y.

Have some Marca fina robusto's (S American I think ) 2011 editions, what an absolute cracker of a smoke they are.

Just back from a trip to Philadelphia, stocked up in Holts cigar store, fantastic deals to be had on premium smokes..

Humidor now consists of..

E.P. Carillo Elencos Series Torpedos -20.
    Guillermo Leon Robustos -20.
    A. Fuente Don Carlos Robustos -4.
    C.A.O MX2 Robustos -6.
    C.A.O America Barber Pole Robustos -2.
    Nestor Miranda Dominican Toros -6.
    Alex Bradley Maxx Toros -6.
    Rocky Patel Private Cellar Maduro Torpedo's -2.
    Manowar Ruination Robustos -2.
    & other assorted sticks -10. (What's listed above are the cream of the crop).

Should keep me puffing away happily for a while..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

quinnp wrote: »
    Just back from a trip to Philadelphia, stocked up in Holts cigar store, fantastic deals to be had on premium smokes..

Humidor now consists of..

E.P. Carillo Elencos Series Torpedos -20.
    Guillermo Leon Robustos -20.
    A. Fuente Don Carlos Robustos -4.
    C.A.O MX2 Robustos -6.
    C.A.O America Barber Pole Robustos -2.
    Nestor Miranda Dominican Toros -6.
    Alex Bradley Maxx Toros -6.
    Rocky Patel Private Cellar Maduro Torpedo's -2.
    Manowar Ruination Robustos -2.
    & other assorted sticks -10. (What's listed above are the cream of the crop).

Should keep me puffing away happily for a while..:D

It's unreal how cheap Cigars are in the states! I'm a kid in a candy store when I'm in Boston :cool:

Was in Amsterdam last week & went to Hajenius Tobacconist on the Rokin just off Dam sq.
    Couldnt resist making a purchase.
    Added 10 Partagas serie D no.5 short robustos & 3 La Aurora 100 Anos Robustos to the humidor..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

Folks, does anyone know if Macra Fina are still operating ? I went to place an order yesterday and it won't allow me to purchase from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gjose

As far as I know, they still are. Try to place a new order. Maybe the one you want is out of stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ramose

I don't own a fancy humidor, i just have a custom made marble box with the design of a humidor. There i like to store my cuban cigar :D

Advertisement