Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

autocad blocks/templates

• 29-03-2013 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

Would anyone have any templates or blocks for say, windows, doors, etc ?? all the stuff to do with building..

It would be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Usually I just draw my own and wblock it save it on a folder full of templates, for more complex things like in 3d, you can import 3ds max files and wblock them, makes a world of difference

Usually I just draw my own and wblock it save it on a folder full of templates, for more complex things like in 3d, you can import 3ds max files and wblock them, makes a world of difference

I hear ya.. It's just I'm not the best at CAD yet so getting other peoples ones is a great help.

Like you said when people save to a folder like that. Thats what I was looking for, a copy of someones .. :)

I hear ya.. It's just I'm not the best at CAD yet so getting other peoples ones is a great help.

Like you said when people save to a folder like that. Thats what I was looking for, a copy of someones .. :)

See that's where you'l get caught out, if you get someones blocks and they're good, and as you said, you aren't very good at it then people will cop on and might not be impressed, trust me it's better if you make a few of your own first, and take some from the online sites also, are you doing a course with cad or what?

• Advertisement

See that's where you'l get caught out, if you get someones blocks and they're good, and as you said, you aren't very good at it then people will cop on and might not be impressed, trust me it's better if you make a few of your own first, and take some from the online sites also, are you doing a course with cad or what?

O yeah but do a lot of people not get blocks instead a making them all ?

I'm doing Civil Engineering at the moment yeah...

O yeah but do a lot of people not get blocks instead a making them all ?

I'm doing Civil Engineering at the moment yeah...

Well like I import all my 3d blocks, I never really make them unless I absolutely have to y'know? If it's just basic stuff you'd make a basic template and block that so whenver you need to detail it you have half already done

I'm saying this from the point of an architectural technology student, so for civil engineering I've no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

As an architect I find it's good practice to insert what your specifying rather than generic blocks.

For example browse http://www.idealspec.co.uk/catalogue/bluebook/wcs_c9.html and download the CAD file and insert it after you've picked a product. This way you'll know exactly what your specifying will fit and reduce RFI's or issues later on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭3dsteel

Dudda wrote: »
    As an architect I find it's good practice to insert what your specifying rather than generic blocks.

I wish all architects were this thorough :D

• Advertisement

3dsteel wrote: »
    I wish all architects were this thorough :D

+1 on that!

however in the real big bad world, there is not many architects or engineers like you..so I would love if anyone could share their templates with me.. ;)

I think this is a good place to post this...

I have a picture of the eaves of a house with pitch 40 degrees.. dormer house..

The problem I have is the rafter is cutting into the outer leaf when I have the wall plate located where it is and with the birds mouth out of it..

Can anyone guide me if they could ?

I would really appreciate it..

Thanks..

eaves_zpsd5f09d07.png

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Push the wall plate out further on the closer ?

Supertech wrote: »
    Push the wall plate out further on the closer ?

yeah but it doesn't really look right then....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Put a second wall plate directly above the wallplate on top of the ceiling joist.

Advertisement