Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High Performance Tablet

• 01-02-2013 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi folks- I am looking for a quality tablet that will support the below

The recommended system requirements are as follows:
     256MB of RAM
     200MB of available hard disk space
     Monitor that supports 800 x 600 resolution or higher
     Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
     Windows XP SP2 or later or Windows Vista or Windows 7
     32 bit or 64 bit PC
     Latest .NET Framework (3.5 or higher)

I need a tablet because I need to use a computer lying down as a result of a bad back- maybe with one of those dedtchable keyboards

thanks in advance
    Billy

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm assuming you are posting those specs based on what ever software you need to run , regardless of the tablets spec the main issue you are going to have is is finding a tablet version of the software you need to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Billy Greenbush

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you are posting those specs based on what ever software you need to run , regardless of the tablets spec the main issue you are going to have is is finding a tablet version of the software you need to run.

I can download the software onto anything that runs the above specs- I'm told anyway. Does that make sense to you? I am not tech savvy

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I can download the software onto anything that runs the above specs- I'm told anyway. Does that make sense to you? I am not tech savvy

Thanks

But tablets don't run windows as such, well unless it's a windows 8 one which = a small re-mortgage on the house, apart from their price I really don't know enough about them to say if that would be a solution for you, what exactly do you need to run and we could suggest android alternatives to get the job done perhaps? As that would give the biggest range of tablets and apps,

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Yes as the above poster has said no tablet runs anything other then windows 8 and even if you got a windows 8 im not exactly sure what you are trying to run on it they dont run programs the tablet versions run smaller os versions of pcs.

What is it exactly you are trying to run and then i might be able to give you some recommendations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement