Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Large Sculpture Proposed for Croagh Patrick

• 25-03-2013 5:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

I like this guy. By the way this is to go up on TOP after planning permission is granted. By way of explaining scale. :D
    1903_croagh-patrick-sizes_290.jpg

I don't see any problem with this, after all had St Patrick not gone a Reeking in the first place then Western Civilisation could not have started off could it. :D

Story Here. Fair play, can we bring it up one brick at a time then???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Is it meant to look like it fell off a Warhammer games board?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

great,,if its a 100ft tall i bet i can see it here from north mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I thought is was a statue of the man himself....

I think it is a great idea if so.

Pity I won't ever get to see it if it comes to fruition......:(.......it's kinda a long way up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Another feckin Bertie bowl! The idea of that mountain is that we praise god by climbing it not by sitting around in Starbucks at the top looking at a monument.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Another feckin Bertie bowl! The idea of that mountain is that we praise god by climbing it not by sitting around in Starbucks at the top looking at a monument.

I once heard a man tell a woman it was a Bureau de Change with a small shop attached for drinks etc. on the top when she asked what was the building was she could see through the binoculars.....(yes, she believed him, no, she was not American.....:eek:)

I can see your point f-l but it would be a lovely sight to see ("from a distance" in my case) imo! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

AngryLips wrote: »
    Is it meant to look like it fell off a Warhammer games board?

It is, that is part of the coolness of it all though.

The aircraft warning beacon should be 40 shades of green as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Mental looking thing! Can't see it ever happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

A thread in Infrastructure for a sculpture to be placed on top of a Catholic site of pilgrimage. Only in Ireland:p

Then again, according to the sculptor "we are all Christians here in the west". Give generously in other words!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I'm sure the mods'll be happy to lock this one up on the day that's in it so. :D

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17430:sculpture-plans-tumble&catid=23:news&Itemid=46
    Speaking to The Mayo News yesterday, Timothy Schmalz said: “I have decided not to continue to build the world’s largest Saint Patrick on the Reek, as I have received so much hateful opposition to a project in which I intended to celebrate Irish culture and spirituality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭fullgas

Good, it looked like shíte.

• Advertisement
Advertisement