Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

if you had to................

• 17-11-2012 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭

ok, say for some reason (you lost your job ect) you could only have one gun complete with its accessories from your collection what would it be and why?

for me it would be my SA 58 long, its a great bit of kit, great range, rof ect. i have had it nearly 5 years and of all the aeg's that have passed through the collection thats the one that has never faced the chop, plus i recently invested in new mid caps for it (€170 ish for 6 :eek: ) so it wont be going very far anytime soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

For me it would be my KSC MP7-a1 (GBB). When you go all Rockin Roll everyone knows !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

My G&G Raider, it's like 2 years old now and has never had a proper service, it's been cleaned and looked after but gearbox wise, nada. It just keeps on going, put about the gun's worth of upgrades into it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

While my collection is small enough my KWA M4 has never skipped a beat, i have it exactly the way i want it externally and never found or have the urge to upgrade itinternally, only a replacement hopup rubber done, no matter what it will be my go too gun!

Have 4 pistol and my KSC USP is the shizzle, just love it. Thems japs make good stuff.

I know you said one gun but fook it i need a side arm for skirmishing and they go as a team couldnt split them.....sad as that sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

One...one...ONE?!

I don't honestly think I could trim it back that far. Don't get me wrong I can easily prioritise what I would get rid of, but I just can't think of what one I would choose to keep.

If I was getting out of airsoft completely I would likely keep two pistols, and not a while pile else; KSC M9 (because I am a huge M9 fan), and my Marushin Colt SAA Peacemaker.

But yeah, very tough call! Damn you Thermo!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

my tokyo mauri 4.3 dual stainless - sexy pistol its never failed and theres nothing i want to replace on it ,clean crisp blowback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, since I may offload most of my kit before I move across the country next month.
    If I could only take one, though, it'd have to be the M7. It started life as a King Arms, but it's such a mix of parts now, there's no branding it. I've spent a fortune getting it where I want it, even to the point of machining parts from scratch for it. It's a hair off being perfect right now, and I don't think I could part with it.

NakedDex wrote: »
    I've been thinking about this a lot lately, since I may offload most of my kit before I move across the country next month.
    If I could only take one, though, it'd have to be the M7. It started life as a King Arms, but it's such a mix of parts now, there's no branding it. I've spent a fortune getting it where I want it, even to the point of machining parts from scratch for it. It's a hair off being perfect right now, and I don't think I could part with it.

Trade you my spetz for it, comes with a full set of British DPM and custom duct tape paint job

:D :P

<brain explodes>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Good thread. ;)
    Been thinking about this one - very hard decision to be honest...
    I've some lovely bits in the collection and although the VFC RS stuff is mega and makes it a tough call...

... the one piece I'd keep is a TM M3 shotty.

Awesome gun in a skirmish and more underestimated by many. No battery to worry about, great range and just keeps going! ( that said I broke the grip and have been meaning to get a clone for repair bits for months ) - still works but looks like a real boom-stick without the grip!

Can't wait to see the [For Sale] thread Dex.;)

<drools>

Good thread. ;)
    Been thinking about this one - very hard decision to be honest...
    I've some lovely bits in the collection and although the VFC RS stuff is mega and makes it a tough call...

... the one piece I'd keep is a TM M3 shotty.

that said I broke the grip and have been meaning to get a clone for repair bits for months ) - still works but looks like a real boom-stick without the grip!

People are going to murder me for suggesting this with a TM but cut a bit off the barrel and remove the stock, MasterKey :p

• Advertisement

I was thinking about this topic a lot over the past couple of days, and it just makes you realise how little you care about the vast majority of gear. You just accumulate without knowing exactly why, and if you're anything like me, you don't sell off your gear.

You justify pieces of kit to yourself by saying "I'll use this for 'X', that for 'Y' and this...well, who wouldn't need it?" and so on so forth. Yet even so, the amount of gear actually used is so minimal, that it makes owning so much a complete waste of time.

I am indifferent to a great number of items in my collection...many of which I bought because they were cheap, or I had plans to convert it to 'X' etc...but as for what would remain is very tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Inari wrote: »

But yeah, very tough call! Damn you Thermo!
    <brain explodes>

the idea of the thread was not to cause anguish lads, i was thinking about the collection and what i do/ do not use and how sorry i would be to have to trim some.

He wants my M7 for a Spetz, man. A SPETZ.

Anguish doesn't cover half of it...

Anguish doesn't cover half of it...

I dunno Dex, seems fair to me :p

aye but a spetz's out of the box performance is probably better than the m7's out of the box performance........ dunno might be a better deal then you think*

runs......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

My G&P M16A3 with heatshield and M203

Besides it being my first ever high end gun, not working for 18 months, Richie having to operate surgery on it multiple times to turn it into probably one of the best rifles I've ever fired on an airsoft site

Its Arnies gun from Predator...enough said....

Although I'd also pimp the misses out so I could keep my King Arms Troy, cause it was a present from Big T, and there is only 500 originals in the world ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

I would sell all my AEGs and stick with newly acquired 2nd-hand MP9. AEGs are boring to me now: sure some look and feel very nice, sometimes exactly like the real thing, but all AEGs are just pretty shells that house pretty much the same internals (well, apart from the new TM M4s and SCARs). So GBB all the way, sure the MP9 jams from time to time but that just adds to the realism :D And 5 mag mag-dump in full-auto...I've never spent 200 rounds so quickly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭kev-Oakridge

Up until Wednesday its was an easy choice for me it was my tm fn 5-7 excellent gun, nice kick, great mag capacity and stupid accuracy, but then I got the tm mp7 a1 gbb and oh my god its a gun that is just so much fun to use, really good accuracy, nice kick and feels really rock solid

thermo wrote: »
    ok, say for some reason (you lost your job ect) you could only have one gun complete with its accessories from your collection what would it be and why?

for me it would be my SA 58 long, its a great bit of kit, great range, rof ect. i have had it nearly 5 years and of all the aeg's that have passed through the collection thats the one that has never faced the chop, plus i recently invested in new mid caps for it (€170 ish for 6 :eek: ) so it wont be going very far anytime soon.

ok this was the case until today, however im now torn between the sa 58 and my new inokatsu 1911 that i picked up in hobby today. it really is a beautiful bit of kit..................... now to get out and game it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

This is a tough one alright.....think I'd have to keep my KSC auto 9 that I got here from boards , great pistol the sound it makes on full auto always has me grinning!
    But on a serious note I don't think I'd part with anything but rather live in a shanty town ( the wife and kids would understand, wouldn't they ?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Easy one for me........my TM MP7.........stunning little gun and full of TM magic dust!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Right I've a smaller collection than most (4 aegs, 3 pistols) but for me it would be my TM P226E2. Utterly reliable, better range than most aegs, very accurate and of course that gbb kick and noise that all aegs sadly lack. That's the principal reason why I'm considering buying a MP7 or MP9 for that gbb "realism".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

whydave wrote: »
    For me it would be my KSC MP7-a1 (GBB). When you go all Rockin Roll everyone knows !
    Up until Wednesday its was an easy choice for me it was my tm fn 5-7 excellent gun, nice kick, great mag capacity and stupid accuracy, but then I got the tm mp7 a1 gbb and oh my god its a gun that is just so much fun to use, really good accuracy, nice kick and feels really rock solid
    Dogwatch wrote: »
    Easy one for me........my TM MP7.........stunning little gun and full of TM magic dust!!!
    Right I've a smaller collection than most (4 aegs, 3 pistols) but for me it would be my TM P226E2. Utterly reliable, better range than most aegs, very accurate and of course that gbb kick and noise that all aegs sadly lack. That's the principal reason why I'm considering buying a MP7 or MP9 for that gbb "realism".

At this stage, do you even need to ask what I'd keep over everything else :D

At this stage, do you even need to ask what I'd keep over everything else :D

I thought you were selling your MP7???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Agree with you regarding the E2 - piece of class!
    You should try the mp7 and mp9's before investing your hard earned money - nice pieces but a bit underwhelming...

Agree with you regarding the E2 - piece of class!
    You should try the mp7 and mp9's before investing your hard earned money - nice pieces but a bit underwhelming...

That's interesting. A lot of people are raving about them but the cost was putting me off tbh. Thanks for the heads up. Will definitely try to try before (if) I buy.

Just to clarify;

A lot of people are raving about the TM MP7 GBB, and were raving about the KWA MP9.

Both the KWA MP9 and MP7 are underwhelming - they have next to no recoil, impressive rate of fire, and ridiculously hard to come by and expensive magazines. They're nice looking pieces, but yeah...definitely underwhelming.

The TM MP7 is a different kettle of fish. Yes it is expensive, undeniably so...but it is still the most fun you can have with an airsoft gun. It has recoil/feedback per shot - it is noticeable, and it is worth every penny. Accuracy is vastly superior to KWA's offering, and it comes as standard with the four-position stock (handy if you don't have behemoth arms)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

I thought you were selling your MP7???????

My TM MP7 AEP is tentatively for sale, as my TM MP7 GBB has become the favoured option and after adding reinforced parts, cannot put it down once it's in hand ;)

The TM MP7 GBB is almost €400. Once upon a time, I'd have thought "treat yourself". Nowadays, that sum of money appears very very large to pull together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

For me its has to be my WA kimber love it and great gun i got off thermo and he wants it back is my TM Aug H-bar :D people fear it

Advertisement