Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown Centre - history of tenants

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Loads of useful updates on the Blanch Centre News page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

amdublin wrote: »
    There was a tattoo parlour in the towncentre :confused:

I don't remember that!

Pretty positive it is was tattoos along with piercing. It was run by same company that had tattoo shop on top floor St. Stephen's Green. And I am fairly sure it closed down because of parental concern or possible tattooing/piercing of under-18s, well thats the memory, used to work across the way when it was there so chatted to the people in there.

Oddbins was the wine off-licence in WestEnd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

There used to be a Paco ladies fashion near where Yankee Candle is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Tasters Off Licence anyone remember that?

http://www.thebusinessshop.ie/classifieds/CPViewItem.asp?ID=1159

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

There was also Pete's electronics downstairs. Not sure if anything has gone back in it's place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

There was also Pete's electronics downstairs. Not sure if anything has gone back in it's place.
    Yeah it was sad to see Peat's go. Always found the staff there really knowledgeable and up for a haggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

ciaran76 wrote: »

It was actually very good

oblivious wrote: »
    It was actually very good

Sure was, helped me a lot discover new beers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Shifty wrote: »
    I think I remember Lifestyle Sports was unit 101 & Variety World was unit 102 (Green entrance), there was also a Bank of Ireland (ATM area) along there I think?

Spot on with Lifestyle, I worked there for years. Weird seeing it as an offy now.

Is the Tom Stanley's still a few shops down?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Spot on with Lifestyle, I worked there for years. Weird seeing it as an offy now.
    I have the 3 Lifestyle locations listed - http://www.blanchcentrehistory.com/1996/01/lifestyle-sports/

Obviously the opening date is not accurate.

• Advertisement

A new shop, Central T-Shirts has opened close to Boots at the Blue Entrance (BK/McD/Odeon).

I went to the Nike Factory Store yesterday - they have a lot of staff! They are very helpful and I think that there is 15% off everything until tomorrow (Saturday 23 Feb).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Nolimits wrote: »
    Time computers. I got my first PC there.

I forgot about them - shortly before they closed, there was a disgruntled customer protesting outside for several weeks ...

Anyone remember the cafe/sandwich bar near the main entrance where I think Subway is now ? (Or is Subway gone as well ?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

baalthor wrote: »
    I forgot about them - shortly before they closed, there was a disgruntled customer protesting outside for several weeks ...

Anyone remember the cafe/sandwich bar near the main entrance where I think Subway is now ? (Or is Subway gone as well ?)

Munchies?

baalthor wrote: »

Aztec cafe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Before the nail bar downstairs beside debenhams, there was the sony centre, before that it was a custom t shirt printing place.

Anyone remember the red enterance before it was rebuilt? It was always really dark there they had a huge newsagents before bon espresso took over.

I used to get a roll in the butchers down where starbucks is now! Bringin back old memories!!!

Marathon sports used to be up where footlocker is now before champion took it over.

I still remember walking into the shopping centre when it first opened, I think it was October 96?

Does anyone remember when you used to be able to walk from Evans through to Burtons and dorothy perkins before they put the walls up?

United colours of benetton used to be up beside debenhams (always remember it being really expensive).

Does anyone remember when HMV used to have a big wall up halfway down there store? Used to have tvs on it playing music videos, I think it was painted blue and white???

The blue enterance took years to fill, it was always empty units!

3g and virgin used to be where schuh is now, before that they had that piercing and soap place, I think they were doing tattoos for about a week before they were told to stop.

I remember working in Burtons when the euro came in and we had to be sent out to get a currency convertor because we only had the Uk prices.

Penneys used to only have one floor, anyone remember that?

Game used to have two units before they moved to just one, Salsa jeans moved in beside them? And aldo shoes?

There was a travel agents up in the yellow enterance beside where tom stanleys is now, and a photo printing shop.

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

anyone remember what used to be in the unit where subway is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

triple-M wrote: »

I know it was a cafe, I used to get there for breakfast before work, I cant for the life of me remember the name, The staff were lovely, A guy with long hair and a beard worked there, He moved over to the coffee shop beside 3 and lidl in the westend I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I think it was Munchies, wasn't it?

triple-M wrote: »

Aztec cafe, 1 page back it was mentioned.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Aztec cafe, 1 page back it was mentioned.:D

Damn, my poor knowledge of the area I've lived in all my life exposed again. I think I might go for a walk or something later, and like, look at names of things or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

There's a new store opening now beside Nandos, sharing the slot where Argos used to be. I can't for the life of me remember what its called, starts with an 'S' I think. The slogan on the poster said 'Baking soon' so I'd presume it's a cake/savoury food place similar to Auntie Annes. Anyone see the poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think Milanos is supposed to be opening next to Nandos.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but can people explain to me why people queue for Nandos or Eddie rockets ? Am I missing something?

Don't mean to hijack the thread but can people explain to me why people queue for Nandos or Eddie rockets ? Am I missing something?

Some people like those places. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

I think Milanos is supposed to be opening next to Nandos.

Apologies! You're correct, I don't know why 'S' was in my head haha

Some people like those places. :)

Good point. Just never got the queuing for food thing .

I agree with you. I actually like Nandos and Eddie Rockets but I will never queue outside them. I don't mind waiting a couple of minutes if I see that there are a couple of people waiting in front of me but no more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

There was a different butchers where Gleesons is now. I cant remember the name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Jade182 wrote: »
    There's a new store opening now beside Nandos, sharing the slot where Argos used to be. I can't for the life of me remember what its called, starts with an 'S' I think. The slogan on the poster said 'Baking soon' so I'd presume it's a cake/savoury food place similar to Auntie Annes. Anyone see the poster?

As already mentioned it's called Milanos, here is their website http://www.milano.ie/

I suppose I can see the baking thing, but you're right that it makes you think of a bakery with cakes etc instead of pizzas and other Italian food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I suppose if you drove 15 or 20 minutes to the centre with either of those restaurants in mind, you can see why people would be willing to wait 10 or so minutes in a queue. If I was just casually passing them and was just hungry for any type of food, I suppose I'd be less inclined to queue and simply go elsewhere.

I seem to remember Penneys was only added about 10 years ago (with second floor added more recently) yet McDonalds/River Island etc were there from the beginning so what was in the massive unit prior to Penneys or was it just a walled off area?

Advertisement