Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Bookie over Cheltenham?

• 16-03-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭

Personal Opinion:

Found Betfred to take the biggest bets online, best prices a lot of the time
    especially Bobs Worth, Gold Cup at 4/1 :).
    Also did some money backs but back as a Free bet (Stake not refunded).
    Did a lot of extra places.

Stan James followed the others best prices but they would only lay them for €100, still a lot more than other bookies though.
    Went extra places on a good few races.

PP went best prices in shops for max €200 on 2 or 3 horses every day until the offs, most other bookeis only did their best prices for 15 minutes.
    Hurricane Fly money back all losers (€100) was quite good.
    Did a lot of extra places.

Boyles didn't compete with the others pricewise, I'm guessing they figured the Money Back 2nd beaten up to and including 1/2 length every Cheltenham race would be enough.
    Did extra places but not as many as some others.

Boyles & PP as far as I can see are the only bookies giving Money Backs as a Full refund now and not as Free Bets.
    This makes a huge difference as you don't get the stakes back.

Lads were giving money back 2nd up to a length at Cheltenham but only for €25 and as a Free Bet, Boyles were €100 up to half a length as a Full refund.
    Lads racing prices were always on the shorter side.

Coral were doing 15 minute enhances all the major horses during Cheltenham but not really for the "main" horses , more the 3rd, 4th in betting and others in the races.

Hills did Priority Prices (Top Prices) on selected favs every day but only for €10 p.p. and it would be for the 1st 5,000 customers.

Bet365 didn't stand out apart from the odd best price.

Other opinions out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

It all depends on what type of punter you are. You seem to be a big one so what you'd class as a good bookie, someone else may not.

I'm not a big punter so I judge my betting experiences on quality of service.

Paddy power are a joke in my opinion. Their website and mobile app are terrible. Their marketing tactics generally sicken me and if only have a bet with them if they were doing a great offer that suited my bet.

Ladbrokes are hungry. You'd be doing well to get your change from them...but they offer a basically professional service.

Coral are a mystery to me. They offered evens about sprinter sacre and when he won their website went down for the best part of 12 hours. Their website is horrible to navigate but are sometimes standout with prices I'm looking for.

Bet365 would be my favourite for a number of reasons. Website and app are top drawer...they have plenty of loyalty bonuses and generally seem to be on top of their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Bet365 were going top price on all runners from 10:00am until around 1 o'clock I think.

Ladbrokes also enhanced 20 favourites monday €58 max but they were offering good value on the ones they did.

I think the Paddy Power marketing team were caught cold this year by the other
    bookies,the likes of william hill enhancing Long Run to 10/1.

Boyles special did'nt realy appeal to me it might of to others,if they had of done the same as that bookie in galway who were doing if you were beaten up to half a lenght they pay as a 1/1 winner they would of got alot more new accounts and bussiness.
    I think there was only 2 races aswell were the distance was 1/2 lenght or less.

I think bet365 matching all others bookies top price was the best special
    over during the racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They offered evens about sprinter sacre

Got offered a tenner at the price, didn't bother.
    Guess I know what that means for my account going forward :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Paddy power are a joke in my opinion. Their website and mobile app are terrible. Their marketing tactics generally sicken me and if only have a bet with them if they were doing a great offer that suited my bet.

Coral are a mystery to me. They offered evens about sprinter sacre and when he won their website went down for the best part of 12 hours. Their website is horrible to navigate but are sometimes standout with prices I'm looking for.

Bet365 would be my favourite for a number of reasons. Website and app are top drawer...they have plenty of loyalty bonuses and generally seem to be on top of their game.

Coral will have lost thousands of punters this week after the fiasco
    with the website and with peoples account being suspended for
    verification purposes which is a hell of a lot stricter than any other
    online firm i've used
    They've really shot themselves in the foot over the past week

bet365 look after the punters and are the best in my opinion

pp have the best enhanced specials which suits me for small money but
    it is amazing the amount of times the site has gone down this year alone and
    it always happens grand national day and at chelt and they offer
    the punter nothing as an inconvenience

The best offer out there by far is by 365 though and that's the free
    50euro match bet they do maybe 4/5 times a year on the footie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I wouldn't disagree but the 50 free bet is stake non refundable which really annoys me.

Anybody who didn't open accs with 365 during Cheltenham for the FREE matched stake up to 200 should ask themselves why they didn't.
    A lot of their early prices were best priced or price matched, between 9am and 9.15am most of the other bookies were pushing their prices to be top priced.
    365 were matching them (along with others) and they all would have been an Arb but nobody else gives 200 matched apart from PP but you would be hard pressed to get the value online with them, stick to in shop.
    Would have been easy enough to get the 6 times original stake done with a zero liability and there's a Free €200 withdrawable balance for you.

Next best time to do it is Aintree where the same sort of price pushing will go on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement