Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EMT course

• 03-02-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hey guys im due to start this course with the ESTI later on this month, was wondering if anyone else off here is also doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

yea booked in. cant wait

are you a member of any voluntary unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

yea booked in. cant wait

are you a member of any voluntary unit?

Not at the minute, I intend to join the order of malta once I finish the course though.

cool!
    id advise join up now as paper work, garda clearence ect can take a while not to mention getting to know the folks in your unit before going on duitys.

getting advice from current EMT's in the unit on anything you may be finding challanging trough the course would be helpfull. i have had the good luck to have one sitting there pre placement exams soon so am picking stuff up from him as he studys.

cool!
    id advise join up now as paper work, garda clearence ect can take a while not to mention getting to know the folks in your unit before going on duitys.

getting advice from current EMT's in the unit on anything you may be finding challanging trough the course would be helpfull. i have had the good luck to have one sitting there pre placement exams soon so am picking stuff up from him as he studys.

Really? Didnt realise any of that thanks mate.
    Ah my dads an EMT so ive that sorted already!
    You doing just on a volunteer basis or to get a career from it?

Rob32 wrote: »
    Really? Didnt realise any of that thanks mate.
    Ah my dads an EMT so ive that sorted already!
    You doing just on a volunteer basis or to get a career from it?

I am just a voulenteer at the moment but would love to work in the pre hospital care field either here or the uk. handy having a relative you can get advice/tips from. look forward to meeting you on course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Definetely advise joining now yeh! Super chance theres a member been through the EMT recently enough and in the training every week youll be running through all the various OSCE's/CPG's which is always a great advantage!

what did you reckon of week one? im finding it great so far good pace and good instructors

what did you reckon of week one? im finding it great so far good pace and good instructors

Its good ok, Im enjoying it! Lots to study though!!

yea running trough the cpgs now

pay particular attention to the meds! gotta know the meds. no waffle room with the meds you just gotta know them inside out upside down and sideways.
    that and cpg's

(so the EMT's in my unit keep drilling into me)

yea running trough the cpgs now

pay particular attention to the meds! gotta know the meds. no waffle room with the meds you just gotta know them inside out upside down and sideways.
    that and cpg's

(so the EMT's in my unit keep drilling into me)

Yeah apparently so, id say it'll be easier to learn as were going though them actually doing them in class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Ruthie Roo

Hey guys.. Ruth here from the course. How are you both getting on?

so far so good. practicing cpgs,anatomy and vitals by writing them out on a blank sheet of paper seem to be doing ok.
    havent started the pre work for next weekend yet but am happy enough with assesment i think......

you?

Fine so far, I haven't run into any issues, iv been practicing vitals on my daughter haha she's sick of me, been learning the meds backwards, and just going over what we did last week really.. But so far so good. We don't have any quizzes or anything next week do we?

I think we do ruth yeah! Ive been really busy all week barely gotten anything done, just gonna focus on the pulmonary system and the osces, learning the medications too of course!!

Ah feck it, the next 5 days have to be pure head in the books so! Haha thanks Rob!

Advertisement