Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Film

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

There's a Partridge movie coming out? :eek:

My response:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can't help but look forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Loved when somebody asked him what his favourite Beatles album was, he replies 'mmmm I would have to say 'the best of the Beatles' :D
    Hope they use that line in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

film!!!!!!! back of the net

• Perhaps this could be one of the only TV shows to make the leap to a full feature that actually works. I would count the Inbetweeners movie as being one of the only others too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Perhaps this could be one of the only TV shows to make the leap to a full feature that actually works. I would count the Inbetweeners movie as being one of the only others too.
    *cough* Serenity *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Back of the net!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Dan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I hope it's more Jurassic Park than Spice World.

• Basq wrote: »
    *cough* Serenity *cough*

D'oh. How could I not think of that? I was wearing a Serenity/Firefly shirt yesterday too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In off the red!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Twat! That was liquid football

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Kiss my face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Perhaps this could be one of the only TV shows to make the leap to a full feature that actually works. I would count the Inbetweeners movie as being one of the only others too.

The first X-Files movie was good.

Haven't seen the second one though, supposed to be muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

if the critics pan it, Partridge better have a sit down interview with Ryan Tubridy where he swiftly asks him to "smell my cheese"

before calling him a mentalist and driving to Connemara in his bare feet gorging on toblerone :D

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Jurassic Park! Hopefully it'll deal with his crippling Toblerone addiction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Have you guys heard his audiobook? It's hilarious.

AHA!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

36231415.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

As much as I look forward to this I also have my doubts. Knowing me Knowing you, excellent, I'm Alan Partridge, genius, Mid Morning Matters, quite good, Welcome to the Places of My Life, flashes of brilliance but not so good, that interview about books, not good. So I hope that this film doesn't fall into the trap of self satisfied comedy which is the impression I got from the trailer. The riffing on what the film should be called, meh, sort of funny but not laugh out loud hilarious funny. I hope therefore that it doesn't fall into the BBC warm fuzzy comfort zone variety of comedy or follows the current trend in British comedy towards the unfunny. That said I'm in a minority of one here, because I don't like any recent British comedy, the IT Crowd, The Inbetweeners, The Mighty Boosh, all leave me cold. But Alan Partridge at its best is amazing, I just think that once you reach a certain level of success the drive to produce something truly great goes. If the film is good to very good it will be a success imo, more Partridge is appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Why haven't you listened to the audiobook of his autobiography? It's possibly the best thing in the Partridge cannon. The book is excellent on its own but Coogan's delivery of the lines adds so much.
    "Thankfully for me, Clifton has been unable to stem the bleeding from his knee. Even if I temporarily lose sight of him, I can always tell which direction he's headed because he leaves a trail of blood. He's like a large menstruating snail.. with a drink problem."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,260 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Judging by the credits on imdb, the film is in good hands.

Peter Baynham and Armando Iannucci are on the writing team, Declan Lowney in the directors chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Gonna celebrate with a savoury 99 and some microwaved bread. This has made my day.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I love the way any partridge thread thread turns into a quote fest. So many classics

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There's more to Alan dan dis.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Farmer - This is exactly the sort of rubbish you came up with the other day when you talked about putting a spine in a bap.
    Alan - I admit that was a mistake. I shouldn’t have said bap.
    Farmer - Well, good. Well, that’s a start.
    Alan - Well, no, I should have said baguette. Because a spinal column would fit in a baguette.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

There's more to Alan dan dis.

Ah man, his understanding of Sunday Bloody Sunday is hilarious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

His description of the spy who loved me is classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Michael, you're hanging around with a man who uses a collective term for a single vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Alan: Excuse me but there seems to be a chap over there wearing Jeans, chap of about 4?

Waiter swiftly asks boy and his mother to leave

Alan: Got you on the old jeans rule eh? Nazi's. But with excellent facilities. As did the Nazi's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

New Trailer out. Spoilery, shows the general plot. Colm Meaney is one of the stars. Also Lynn, Sidekick Simon and Geordie Michael!

Advertisement