Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung laser printer for €65 delivered and €5 off coupon

Comments

• ~€48 delivered from Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

~€48 delivered form Amazon

damn , was £79.99 when checked 2 days ago :(
    wasted my voucher as well , need to open new account now :)

• damn , was £79.99 when checked 2 days ago :(
    wasted my voucher as well , need to open new account now :)

It's been that price since the 24th of last month, it was probably just out of stock direct from amazon for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Toner costs ~€60 for 1500 pages. Wouldn't want to be printing huge amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,271 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

does this do 3D printing? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭wilser

I paid €45 for ink for an inkjet printer, printed off 6 pages a few weeks ago & the printer is f**ked now, (the ink is dried up or printer is blocked).
    So €60 isnt a bad price if you can go a month or two without printing safe in the knowledge that the printer will work when you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭ozmo

wilser wrote: »
    I paid €45 for ink for an inkjet printer, printed off 6 pages a few weeks ago & the printer is f**ked now, (the ink is dried up or printer is blocked).
    So €60 isnt a bad price if you can go a month or two without printing safe in the knowledge that the printer will work when you need it.

Yeah - went with laser years ago after going through a whole pile of inkjets - all dried up or sometimes they waste the ink on purpose when not in use (brother).
    Laser is cheaper in the long run - and documents look so much better as well.

There are good deals on toner out there - and I might even consider next fill going for the bottles of toner powder and filling them myself...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I use this printer and am really happy with it. Inks always used to dry out on me as I only use it occasionally. Its perfect for what I need and starts to print within a few seconds of clicking the button. Much better than inkjet which takes an eternity to start.

Obviously it doesn't do colour but really how often do you ever need colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

kc66 wrote: »
    Toner costs ~€60 for 1500 pages. Wouldn't want to be printing huge amounts.

I posted a BA on this printer a while back after buying one myslef. It's been brilliant and you can refill the cartridge yourself with a reset chip included for less than most inkjet cartridges cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭zeromemory

Daibheid wrote: »
    I posted a BA on this printer a while back after buying one myslef. It's been brilliant and you can refill the cartridge yourself with a reset chip included for less than most inkjet cartridges cost.

Have you a link for the replacement ink with chipset?

• Advertisement

zeromemory wrote: »
    Have you a link for the replacement ink with chipset?

I have

The guy I bought from on fleabay was in Poland but doesn't seem to be listing but here are a few pointers.

Do a search online for REFILL TONER + CHIP FOR SAMSUNG MLT 1042 ML 1660 / 1665 nad you'll find plenty of other sources

• Registered Users Posts: 21,971 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What happens if you just refill without having the chip?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I bought a similar Samsung laser printer for about €50 in PC World about two years ago.

It was perfect - small form factor, very quick printing, and no inkjet fiddly mess.

...and it still has about 25% of the toner left!

Esel wrote: »

nothing - it counts out and quits. You need the chip to reset the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 21,971 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Esel wrote: »
    Daibheid wrote: »
    nothing - it counts out and quits. You need the chip to reset the counter
    Thanks for the reply.

Just for total clarity, the reset chip is a 'must' then?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭zeromemory

Is the chip a one time use only or you can use it again.

1 new chip per refill

Advertisement