Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else ever hear of this rule?

• 14-02-2013 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭

Man Utd playing RM tonight in the CL.
    Last minute of normal time RM have a corner.
    2nd mnute of injury time, Man Utd attacking, VP shoots, RM goalie saves and it goes out for a corner.
    Ref blows his whistle before corner is taken.

Who has the last corner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,276 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Gut instinct for me would be that it should be Last Corner Awarded (MUFC).

Though could see how a plausible enough case could be made for Last Corner Taken (RM).

Though on the other hand Time of First/Last Corner markets is settled on when its taken not when its awarded, and this is clarified in the rules.

Hope my 'sitting on the fence non-answer' has been helpful.

I just checked on Paddy Power's terms and conditions and all that I can find is regarding betting on the number of corners.
    Bets on 'number of corners' refers to corners taken and not corners awarded.
    If you follow this logic then it goes to the last corner taken not the last corner awarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

I would say it would be Real Madrids, you cant have something if you dont take it imo.

If i pm someone on here and say here meet up and have €200 but they dont meet up, do they still have the cash?

**** example I know but hope you can see where I am coming from

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I think all bookies settle as "have to have happened".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Checked all the bookies worth talking about and they have all settled it as Madrid as Utd didn't take the corner.
    Hacked off, so want to close the account because of the settlement.
    Guess I can't really do it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

The spread firms always settle on the basis of corners taken. The ref blowing his whistle means the corner never actually existed as the game ended once the ball went dead, regardless of how the ball went dead.

Yeah checked with Sporting Index and they said the same.
    Still haven't decided what to do with the account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Why do you want to close the account?

Cause I got some dozy female on the Live Chat just after settlement who basically said "tough ****e they weren't going to pay me".

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

What should she have said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

ive been unlucky like the OP too. injury time corner awarded team is killing time ref just blows up. it happens. the rules are clear it is only a corner if it has been taken. happened to me a few months back in a ligue 1 game.3 minutes injury time and with 2 mins 30 secs gone corner awarded but the team who got it were a goal up and walked slowly to take it lol.i knew what was coming and ref got fed up and blew up!cost me a few hundred but the rules are the rules.

i wouldnt close my account based on somebody on live chat being rude though.they are dealing with people coming on ranting day in day out.

I hadn't even started on the ranting and raving but decided not to bother and hung up.
    What should she have said?

Certainly not taking the ****.
    I was hoping for a chance of a goodwill payment but not to be.

Advertisement