Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AAFRP in CGS

• 07-02-2013 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just looking for any reviews on the AAFRP revision course in CGS, its it good/bad/ in different?

It is €140 for the two day course which is fairly step but if its worth it then I will have no problem paying that kind of money.

Obviously any revision course is not just a quick fix and guarantee HC - but I am just wondering how past students would rate this course.

Cheers to all,

MoMo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Never did the CGS courses myself and I'm sure they are fine. But the CAI have ample material and lectures covering that assessment and the notes that were up (I think Derry Cotter wrote them?) were excellent.

Put the legwork in by getting out the competency statement and ticking off all the standards - read them in the IFRS Books, read the notes, practice some questions, then do the toolkit (excellent btw) and finally the past papers in the week or two before the assessment. Save the €140 for your FAE holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

I did it for AAFRP, thought it was excellent, got HC

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MoMo1987

Hi EveT

Would you recommend doing the CGS revision course?

I have already started to revise and have been learn the standards - I just feel that 1 AAFRP lecture day offered by CAI isn't enough to prepare for an exam.

The money isn't an issue in the grand scheme of things €140 isn't too much.

Thanks for all the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

MoMo1987 wrote: »
    Hi EveT

Would you recommend doing the CGS revision course?

I have already started to revise and have been learn the standards - I just feel that 1 AAFRP lecture day offered by CAI isn't enough to prepare for an exam.

The money isn't an issue in the grand scheme of things €140 isn't too much.

Thanks for all the advice

I did a good few CGS courses, and this was definitely one of the ones I got most out of, its good to get a fairly full review of FR early in the year. The notes we got werent super (except for disclosures which were handy), but I thought it was well worth the money

Advertisement