Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PPonline error?

• 29-01-2013 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hey, just want to see what the opinions are on this....

10 days ago I placed €60 on Leinster -3pts @ 4/6 in a halftime handicap market.
    This bet was a loser but when I checked my account at halftime PP had paid out by mistake and I immediately withdrew the €100.

I know that I had lost and that I was completely chancing my arm. My balance went to €0.00 after I made the withdrawal.

About 10 minutes later my balance read -€100.00. Obviously they had realised their mistake.

I've had a PP online account since 2008 and I know that withdrawals take 2-3 days to clear so I fully expected that PP would cancel my withdrawal before it cleared and restore my balance to €0.00. As you were then!

Anyway, 2 days later the €100 came through to my current account and my balance has read -€100.00 ever since!

I know what I've done is wrong but I don't want to give the €100 back to them. I took advantage of the situation and God knows I have given PP plenty of my money over the years!

The thing is I'd love to use my PP account again but obviously cant while this situation remains. What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'd lodge a small amount say €5 in your account.
    Stick it on the biggest odds on shot you find and assuming they win,
    try to withdraw it and and see what happens.
    You may lose a fiver but at least you'll know where you stand.

If it doesn't work, not sure where they will leave you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Ring them up or get onto live chat.. Tell them your closing your account because of the -100 balance, say it was there mistake blah blah if I placed a wrong bet and lost you wouldn't give me my money back etc.

Hopefully to keep you as a customer theyl write off the -100 to keep you as a customer,. If they don't do this and you really wana keep your account, at the last minute say, actually Il keep my account but say your not happy at all about the -100. Chance your arm

Thats what Id do...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

turniphead wrote: »
    The thing is I'd love to use my PP account again but obviously cant while this situation remains. What should I do?

3 choices:

1 - Do not use the account again.

2 - Deposit the money back into your account, effectively paying back the 100 euro.

3 - Send them a mail or go onto chat about out the error and the negative balance. Point out that you are a good customer and ask them to waive the 100 euro as you will not be betting with them anymore if you have to pay it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I'd lodge a small amount say €5 in your account.
    Stick it on the biggest odds on shot you find and assuming they win,
    try to withdraw it and and see what happens.
    You may lose a fiver but at least you'll know where you stand.

If it doesn't work, not sure where they will leave you then.

His balance is -100. Any money he deposits will just clear this off so he won't be able to place a bet until he deposits more than 100 euro.

OP you knew that this bet had been incorrectly settled and you withdrew the money anyway. I think you're just going to have to pay it back or never use that account again.

Try contacting them and see what they say. If you're a good (ie losing) customer they might just write off the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Open a new account with a different card or just close the account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I'd email them and ask why is there a minus balance.
    Act stupid about why its there and say your not going to lodge money unless you can back with it.

Im pretty sure they will wipe the slate clean.

They want their 100 back, they wont get it if they lose you as a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Theres hundreds of online bookies at this stage, take your free 100 and move on

Theres hundreds of online bookies at this stage, take your free 100 and move on

Not all of them offer the same/best odds.
    Different bookies are good for different sports.
    BetVictor, Paddy Power & Hills best for Football prices.
    Boyles were evens both sides in the Rugby handicaps yesterday, Ladbrokes were 10/11.
    Also a good idea would be to only do long term bets bet with companies that will be around in the future.
    To set up an online bookie itsn't that hard, it will be hard for them to get any business so they will have to offer better/best prices and you then have to decide how long that should last before they have established a large enough customer base to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Different bookies are good for different sports.
    Boyles were evens both sides in the Rugby handicaps yesterday, Ladbrokes were 10/11.
    Also a good idea would be to only do long term bets bet with companies that will be around in the future.
    To set up an online bookie itsn't that hard, it will be hard for them to get any business so they will have to offer better/best prices and you then have to decide how long that should last before they have established a large enough customer base to survive.

Of course, whats your point?

PP are good for muggy specials, rarely see them with best prices, these plenty of online bookmakers with better prices than the 3 you named, Marathon, Pinnacle, 188bet and even Boyles are usually better. If your in the game of looking to get best prices, keep your roll in an online purse like Moneybookers and choose the bookmaker that has the best price when you're gonna take the bet. The OP had one account with PP so I assumed one account with another bookmaker would be sufficient for what he wants.

Boyles were evens both sides in the Rugby handicaps yesterday, Ladbrokes were 10/11
    Ok, Marathon were 11/10.

Fact! Gonna be hard to say if they will be around in the future thou?

To set up an online bookie itsn't that hard, it will be hard for them to get any business so they will have to offer better/best prices and you then have to decide how long that should last before they have established a large enough customer base to survive
    I dont really understand this, We decide how long what should last? best prices? Sounds like you've said new companies will be offering better prices to get business? but in your previous comment you just said go with companies that will be here long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Or you could just man up and give them back what's not yours? The smell of loser is nauseating...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I know what I've done is wrong but I don't want to give the €100 back to them. I took advantage of the situation and God knows I have given PP plenty of my money over the years!

God knows you've lost plenty of money to PP over the years. They didn't take it from you before you had a chance to withdraw winnings etc, you cheated them. It's completely different.
    PP are fully right to have your balance as a negative 100. If you want to use them again, you'll have to reimburse them, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Thanks for the advice everybody. I'll be going down the route of a new account with a different card. I'm more than happy to take their 100euro. I'll even get some extra free bets as a new customer!

I have to laugh at An Ri rua and FortuneChip though. Remember lads, I stated in my original post that I was well aware what I did was wrong and that my bet was a loser. I was just taking advantage of the situation. It's not my fault they made a mistake just like it's not PP's fault when somebody makes a mistake when placing a bet.

Lads, this is gambling not the boy scouts. I would use any advantage possible to take money from any bookmaker and if you're saying that you wouldn't then you're only lying to yourselves. Thanks again:D

I know they can't take it back from your bank account but could they come after you for the money in the future?

Thanks for the advice everybody. I'll be going down the route of a new account with a different card. I'm more than happy to take their 100euro. I'll even get some extra free bets as a new customer!

I have to laugh at An Ri rua and FortuneChip though. Remember lads, I stated in my original post that I was well aware what I did was wrong and that my bet was a loser. I was just taking advantage of the situation. It's not my fault they made a mistake just like it's not PP's fault when somebody makes a mistake when placing a bet.

Lads, this is gambling not the boy scouts. I would use any advantage possible to take money from any bookmaker and if you're saying that you wouldn't then you're only lying to yourselves. Thanks again:D

That's the definition of a loser. Like talking about your winnings and not your losses. Wishy washy half-baked maneen stuff. Take it like a man. Deal with consequences. make real money. Lose real money. Not child games....

Cheer up An Ri rua. Your moral high ground routine doesn't wash with me.

Sin sin.:D

Cheer up An Ri rua. Your moral high ground routine doesn't wash with me.

Sin sin.:D

;) And so its over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Sorry man, didn't mean to sound Boy Scout.

The main thing that struck my from your post was your desire to use the same PP account again, even though it was the one you saw fit to take advantage with.
    I thought that was a bit like wanting to have your cake, eat it, and then be given another cake.

Sorry man, didn't mean to sound Boy Scout.

The main thing that struck my from your post was your desire to use the same PP account again, even though it was the one you saw fit to take advantage with.
    I thought that was a bit like wanting to have your cake, eat it, and then be given another cake.

Its called honesty, as against being a thieving...

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Its called honesty, as against being a thieving...

I never taught I'd see a thread about PP and the word honesty in it.

What do you think of PP offering 8/1 Bog Warrior for the Hennessy saturday
    ante post rules.

With only 3 out of 15 bookies offering odds on him its obvious he wont be running.

Do you not think PP are theiving punters money?

Awlful firm keep your money OP.

robbie1977 wrote: »

ante post rules.

With only 3 out of 15 bookies offering odds on him its obvious he wont be running.

How the f*ck is walking into something with your eyes open being robbed? Jaysus, that's soft. Profiteering, but not robbing. No wonder ye lose on yere bets. Too emotional, no brains.

• Advertisement

An Ri rua wrote: »
    How the f*ck is walking into something with your eyes open being robbed? Jaysus, that's soft. Profiteering, but not robbing. No wonder ye lose on yere bets. Too emotional, no brains.

How the fook is a owl lad in a bookies shop backing Bog Warrior at ante post
    who does'nt know he wont be running walking into something with their eyes open?

PP know he wont be running like the other 12 bookies on oddschecker
    who dont have him in their betting.

Profiteering, but not robbing.
    Get a grip do you work for PP or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Keep the money OP, keep the money.
    PP are useless anyway. Always site issues.

Get on over to Bet365 :D

How the fook is a owl lad in a bookies shop backing Bog Warrior at ante post
    who does'nt know he wont be running walking into something with their eyes open?

PP know he wont be running like the other 12 bookies on oddschecker
    who dont have him in their betting.

Profiteering, but not robbing.
    Get a grip do you work for PP or something?

Yes, I am Paddy Power. I'll give you 1/1000 on on it? Or 1000/1. But I want your money and you're not getting it back. You don't deserve it like I do.

ps how 'the fook' is a refund being robbed?? Robbed your glory / pipedreams ??

Non-runners

Sports bets are accepted on a 'non-runner no bet' basis unless stated otherwise; in this case stakes will be refunded on a player or team withdrawn prior to the start of an event. If you have placed a winning bet on a sporting event run on a 'non-runner no bet' basis and a different player or team is withdrawn, suspended or disqualified in that market, we may apply the equivalent to Tattersalls' Rule 4 (c) to your winnings, based on the price of the selection withdrawn.
    Certain markets will be offered on an 'all-in compete or not' basis and in this case if a player or team is withdrawn (in any way) before they have taken part in the event then your bet is a loser.
    In the case of a fixed draw competition where a team/player is withdrawn, suspended or disqualified, we reserve the right to settle any bets on the subsequent prices once the market has been revised without the withdrawn team/player.
    If a player or team has taken any part in the sporting event once it has officially started and then fails to complete for whatever reason, we will settle your bet as a loser.

You do know Bog Worrior is a horse and not a footballer.

Ante-post

• All racing ante-post bets are accepted and settled on a Rules of Racing basis only.
    • Ante-post bets are accepted at quoted prices, up to and including the day prior to the event, on the basis of all in, run or not, entered or not .Therefore selections not taking part in the race/event concerned are losers.
    • Ante-post bets are those placed at our quoted prices on horses and prior to the race becoming classed as ‘day of event’ (day of event is a term used to describe the time at which overnight declarations are made, usually 10am on the day preceding the race (or two days for certain Group 1 races) for horse racing and the day of the race for greyhounds).
    • All bets placed after the overnight declaration stage are settled in accordance with our early prices/day of race rules.

The fact you dont know what ante post is makes me think its more likely you are a PP
    worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

turnip did u get my private message?

id be surprised if ur balance was still negative right now.

wouldnt have much sympathy for these guys to be honest. few people i know have got themselves permanently self-excluded from the site. the same losers are still betting with them under their same excluded names having set up accounts again after falling off the wagon. i know they are idiotic degenerates but why do pp offer a self exclusion and not even ensure these guys stay away?

maybe its because these guys continue to lose.....

Hey lads,

As I've said before I've got zero sympathy for PP and I am delighted that I was given the opportunity to get one over on them. Makes a nice change.

The balance on the account is still -€100.00. I'm keeping it open just to see how long it lasts like that! I've already opened another account and placed some bets in the shops so I'm very happy with how things have turned out!:D

A side from that, I completely agree with ianburke. PP are always delighted to take on the loser/addict no matter how many times he cancels and comes back but they're very quick to cancel/restrict a customer who is constantly winning. Same game, different rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wishful Thinking

Shameful behaviour to rob poor Paddy Power, one of Irelands most noble gentlemen. After all the money backs he's done over the years, you screw him like that. For shame. Times are tough I know but times are tough too in Power Towers. They don't have any more post office money coming through this year and most of the complete mug punters are either broke or are starting to see through all Powers fur knickers flashy gimmicks.

You've really kicked a man when he's down Turnip. Lets just pray its a good Cheltenham for poor Paddy and their big offer on Simonsig doesnt oblige

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

ante post rules.

Bog Warrior a confirmed runner at the 24 hour decs, so robbie will you admit that you were wrong and Paddy Power was merely offering a better service than the other bookmakers??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

A side from that, I completely agree with ianburke. PP are always delighted to take on the loser/addict no matter how many times he cancels and comes back but they're very quick to cancel/restrict a customer who is constantly winning. Same game, different rules!

Paddypower have by far and away the best record in this regard over any other highstreet bookmakers so can ye stop making things up!

Simple fact is in this day and age and particularly with the move to online gambling it is almost 100% impossible to completely ban someone who relapses and trys to gamble.

• Advertisement

Bog Warrior a confirmed runner at the 24 hour decs, so robbie will you admit that you were wrong and Paddy Power was merely offering a better service than the other bookmakers??

Yea I saw that he is declared to run :pac:.

No I was'nt wrong if only 3 bookies out of 15 on oddschecker have a horse priced 99 times out a 100 they dont run.

PP was still being sneaky in my opinion.

The horse has'nt ran yet neither.

Advertisement