Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Magaluf Summer 2013

• 08-01-2013 2:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

Hey, I spent 2 weeks in Magaluf last year and I've been in contact with friends who spent the summer working there and decided I'm going to go for it.
    Any other Irish here interested in going for it?
    I'm 19 and studying in CIT at the moment,
    Reply anyways if interested :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Audioh8

Hey man I'm also 19 and in NUIG ...im definitely up for working away for the summer! You got any other people interested yet? And what are the chance of getting work in magaluf do ya know?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Hey, I'm 19, student in UCD... would also be up for this!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Craigie93

Chat me on facebook or something, we could arrange it :)http://www.facebook.com/craig.fleming.5682

• Registered Users Posts: 19 deniseosull89

Going booking Wed :D ..!! Yipee :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13 madden931

I`d love to go!! 20.....in DIT. Went in 2011 for two week, simply the best week of my life. Any1 know how much it`ll cost to get over there with apartments and stuff?

• Advertisement

madden931 wrote: »
    I`d love to go!! 20.....in DIT. Went in 2011 for two week, simply the best week of my life. Any1 know how much it`ll cost to get over there with apartments and stuff?
    Hey!! We booked through 1 of those working abroad hols,companies! That's accom sorted for a month & if no jobs found by then ,gonna have a flight readily booked home :)! Should be easy enuf to find work .. Sort out an apartment then with other workers when U do! Just keep money 4 deposit on somewhere! If ur gonna do it without those companies ,just book a dirt cheap hol start of may and try find a job :)! Hope that helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 benji2012

What travel companies would you use?

Hey!! We booked through 1 of those working abroad hols,companies! That's accom sorted for a month & if no jobs found by then ,gonna have a flight readily booked home :)! Should be easy enuf to find work .. Sort out an apartment then with other workers when U do! Just keep money 4 deposit on somewhere! If ur gonna do it without those companies ,just book a dirt cheap hol start of may and try find a job :)! Hope that helped!
    Hey , which company did you use and how much was everything? :)

Craigie93 wrote: »
    Hey , which company did you use and how much was everything? :)
    Booked with Sun-Kiss .. Like there's playaway & Airpro too but sunkiss was cheaper :P ha! Altogether its costing about 550! Flights for a monthly return and the accom for the month! :) .. I think its good you'd nearly pay that for a weeks holiday.. :)!

Booked with Sun-Kiss .. Like there's playaway & Airpro too but sunkiss was cheaper :P ha! Altogether its costing about 550! Flights for a monthly return and the accom for the month! :) .. I think its good you'd nearly pay that for a weeks holiday.. :)!
    Ya thats good alright!, I spent about 400 for 2 weeks including flights.. I should have spent my college grant on it but I had to invest in a laptop :( Better start saving anyway before flights go up:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

What you looking to work as.....all my mates are out there every summer you need to be going in march to get a good job....you need to be very confident to establish your self I did 8 months in tenerife it's not as easy as people think it is....DO NOTGO WITH ANY OF THAT PLAYAWAY OR AIRPRO ****E I WAS MATES WITH THE OWNER OF PLAYAWAY IT'S A RIPP OFF EVERYWHERE

Wils110 wrote: »
    What you looking to work as.....all my mates are out there every summer you need to be going in march to get a good job....you need to be very confident to establish your self I did 8 months in tenerife it's not as easy as people think it is....DO NOTGO WITH ANY OF THAT PLAYAWAY OR AIRPRO ****E I WAS MATES WITH THE OWNER OF PLAYAWAY IT'S A RIPP OFF EVERYWHERE
    I'd take anything i could get really, Rep/. DJ, receptionist, selling laughing gas ect

Your either going to be a PR or selling bar crawl tickets look up the carnage bar crawl my mate runs it biggest bar crawl there now... when you going

Your either going to be a PR or selling bar crawl tickets look up the carnage bar crawl my mate runs it biggest bar crawl there now... when you going
    Im gonna try get over early as I can anyway, probably late June though, I need to gather funds first, I was probably on that bar crawl last summer, I went on one but it was a bit of a blur :pac: Are you planning on going?

Craigie93 wrote: »
    Ya thats good alright!, I spent about 400 for 2 weeks including flights.. I should have spent my college grant on it but I had to invest in a laptop :( Better start saving anyway before flights go up:cool:
    Yes iv yet to book mine but hopefully this week! Our accom is 22nd of may but now im starting to think mayb I left it too late :/. . Oh well! Fingers crossed,ay!

I've done my time away 8 months pr'in in the reef a euro a head June is very late for maga.......if you went to maga took it serious worked your balls off you would come home with a few grand...my missus did a season there made a fortune she did I know girls stripping who make 30,000 grand in a season out there

Ooooh no! Why do you say that??! I just booked wit 1 of them .. Thought its come in handy ,seein as ita my first time! And would march not be too early ??! IV no idea now but just askin coz Tenerife is all year round kinda, whereas magaluf is just really April to Oct ,if even! :)

There's people and this is there career they will be there from mid march till October as I said you got to establish yourself you will be given a trial as a pr and sacked after 2 nights if your **** with no pay...them companies will cram u into a studio apartment with whoever else is there and charge a fortune and be no help to u

There's people and this is there career they will be there from mid march till October as I said you got to establish yourself you will be given a trial as a pr and sacked after 2 nights if your **** with no pay...them companies will cram u into a studio apartment with whoever else is there and charge a fortune and be no help to u
    Crap :( .. Wish I knew that sooner ,spose there's not much I can do now!! Yeah I get you,I was just reading places its better to go in may as there won't b jobs before then coz the season hasn't started! Aahh gettin a bit freaked now ha .. All an experience I spose :D ..!

Don't worry you will have a blast but there things you got to look at I'm just speaking from experience and guys here some advice take **** from no one,take everyone with a pinch of salt and be careful who you trust...

• Advertisement

Don't worry you will have a blast but there things you got to look at I'm just speaking from experience and guys here some advice take **** from no one,take everyone with a pinch of salt and be careful who you trust...
    Your knowledge is greatly apprieciated :D .. Yaay,I spose that's a given everybody out for themselfs! Im a bit apprehensive to be honest but Id wanna be snapping outta that before may! Haha.. Are U heading back to Tenerife ..

No I'm settled now partying every night for 8 months non stop took its toll a doctor here told me I should be dead I was drinking that much message me closer to when your going il get some info off my mates what it's like so you will have an idea

No I'm settled now partying every night for 8 months non stop took its toll a doctor here told me I should be dead I was drinking that much message me closer to when your going il get some info off my mates what it's like so you will have an idea
    Whaaat? :O .. That is insane ha :/ ,take it easy now yes.! Ahhw sure,I will ,thanx so much :),that'd be greatly appreciated :)!

Whaaat? :O .. That is insane ha :/ ,take it easy now yes.! Ahhw sure,I will ,thanx so much :),that'd be greatly appreciated :)!

No probs it is just a constant session non stop going to bed at 7 am getting up at 2:00 down the pool few beers go to work finish work go clubbing bed at 7 repeat for as long as your there......keep an eye for when Mallorca rocks announce there line up should be soon

Does your mate want to get me a job??? ha have bat experience! Defo going now at the end of may, was going to go on a week holiday to magaluf with my mates but it`ll the exact same!!
    Any1 else going alone?:confused:

Get a job no prob selling the tickets one of the girls is a PR manager in the new bar that opened last year magaluf rocks to and hush you can see them in the inberweeners movie

So ive decided to head to magalulf :) Ive worked as floor staff in a big nightclub, would i be able to get a job easy doing that out there, and how would i go about geting accomomdation, i dont want 2 go with sunkiss, apparently its a rip off

benji2012 wrote: »
    So ive decided to head to magalulf :) Ive worked as floor staff in a big nightclub, would i be able to get a job easy doing that out there, and how would i go about geting accomomdation, i dont want 2 go with sunkiss, apparently its a rip off

Date u planing on going?

Around 28th may - 1st june at latest

• Advertisement

benji2012 wrote: »
    Around 28th may - 1st june at latest
    Heading 22nd!! Shall be seeing U there :).. Was thinkin it was bit late,but iv booked with sunkiss so :/ ..nothing I can doo now ha :)!

Advertisement