Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Healthy, mainly veggie/turkey/fish lunches/dinners.

• 03-02-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some healthy recipes for veggie lunches and dinners, or even some with fish/ turkey? I like eating vegetarian when I can, and in terms of meat I don't really eat much, just turkey and fish, really -- I'm a slightly failed vegetarian, lol!

The first thing I gave up when trying to go veggie was chicken, so now I can't stand it, I know it's a stalwart, and probably what most people definitely eat in terms of meat, but I'm not a fan!

I'm in my 20s, and I don't really know many recipes... I'm kind of sick of doing the same old things now at this stage -- sandwich or soup for lunch, and pasta with Quorn, sauce, veg/stir fry/rice, turkey, veg and sauce/homemade lasagne/pizza/prawns with pasta or rice/potatoes, veg and protein. In terms of sauce, it'd usually be curry sauce from a jar, or bolognase.

I tend to stay away from cheese, too, mostly, and I'm not a major fan or potatoes, but have them sometimes if they're made.

As you can see, I'm not exactly a connoisseur in the kitchen, so any simple, student-friendly recipes or suggestions would be gratefully read, even ones that I could modify a bit to use veggies, etc., in them instead.

Thank you so much!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Have you tried asking on the vegetarian forum? I'm sure they have tonnes of ideas about how to cook simple interesting dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Why don't you get yourself a recipe book? There's loads that are aimed towards students and some of them are vegetarian. The recipes in them will be cheap and easy.

You could also go to google images type in "recipe (main ingredient) vegetarian(leave this out if you want)" have a look at the pictures and click on the ones you like the look of.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ash777

Have you tried asking on the vegetarian forum? I'm sure they have tonnes of ideas about how to cook simple interesting dishes.
    Might do that, thanks :) ...I was a bit afraid of being called a traitor, lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ash777

Orla K wrote: »
    Why don't you get yourself a recipe book? There's loads that are aimed towards students and some of them are vegetarian. The recipes in them will be cheap and easy.

You could also go to google images type in "recipe (main ingredient) vegetarian(leave this out if you want)" have a look at the pictures and click on the ones you like the look of.
    That Google idea is cool, thanks very much.
    God, I'm just a bit weird and iffy about recipe books. I've flicked through them, and only ever really see a few bits I'd cook!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

ash777 wrote: »
    That Google idea is cool, thanks very much.
    God, I'm just a bit weird and iffy about recipe books. I've flicked through them, and only ever really see a few bits I'd cook!

Try one and start with the few bits you would cook then try others when your feeling adventurous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement