Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

summer volunteering opportunities

• 21-01-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm interested in volunteering abroad this summer after the lc even into sep or oct .. preferably in an african country that i could improve my french in ..
    are there any trustworthy and worthwhile programs that anybody has infomation on ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭crazygirl101

Does it necessarily have to be a french speaking country? I know a great programme that runs in Uganda in october thats with a brilliant safe charity! also what age are you as many charities don't take people under 20?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 __Mimes

No it doesn't have to be a french speaking country that would just be a plus :) im 18, but eveywhere i've been looking doesn't seem to take people under that age so i'm okay ! Is there a website to the program you did ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭crazygirl101

http://www.nurtureafrica.ie/ this is the link to their website, I volunteered with them last summer it was an amazing experience. I ll also definitely go with this charity again the support was fantastic! Any other queries just let me know :)

Advertisement