Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis Tips

• 22-09-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

hi all....considering how big the market on tennis bets..i was thinking of having a seperate tennis tipping thread ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Kanepi vs Wozniacki... Kanepi +1.5 set handicap at 1.63 looks solid

sara errani vs Bartoli

Bartoli to win at 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

It would be good if ye could explain to us who only have a passing interest in tennis how to properly evaluate a match beyond the bog standard surface and H2H aspects.

well..to be honest i wud go through the h2h..and read through a number of tipping tennis sites to reach a sensible conclusion..

s.stosur vs N.petrova

h2h for the last 5 meetings has been 3-2 in favor of stosur..

last night Petrova has beaten sara errani who was one of the favourites to reach the tokyo final given her last performance in the US open and her recent good run.....true that stosur won against Sharapova who has been in a bad run and even struggled so much against Heather watson..

my bet wud be that Petrova to win one set at least at 4/6
    or if ur bookie has a market for Petrova set handicap +1.5 it wud be the same..

• Advertisement

Neishikora vs simon....

Neishikora is the Fav here and having better run...at 8/11 to win

A.Radwanska Vs N.Petrova..

hard call...Petrova has been playing well and is a bit of the unpredictable player...but Rad is the clear Fav here and is playing good tennis..
    i backed Rad to win 2-0 at 8/11 though still very risky.!

Hopefully this thread will be back to life again..!

For 2moro in Paris WTA the whole big tennis tipsters are on Wickmayer to win priced around 4/5

am on it as well and i hope she wont lose..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Only noticed this now, I bet almost exclusively in tennis :D I'll throw up the odd tip from time to time, I personally hate wta these women are almost all headcases who can't take pressure. I bet it occasionally but I'd be a much bigger fan of the mens tour as regards betting.

On Wickmayer to win 2nd set at 1.73 right now actually..

Ah I am on mladonovic to win the match as alot of people tipped her to win it.
    Later for Burnie challenger J ward to win tonight's match

Yeah, odds aren't great but I can't see him not win. Weathers destroyed the schedule over there!

• Advertisement

yeah i have 2 outstanding bets for the last 2 nights..!

i guess one of the most profitable bets are betting on set live betting..as it would appear whos not in form and with the most unforced errors and then tipping on that set would be a bit predictable..

James ward to win 1st set live play around 1/2

mrdmb wrote: »
    James ward to win 1st set live play around 1/2

easy money cashed

Paul cervank to win 2nd set versus M Basic..

Paul cervank to win 2nd set versus M Basic..

cashed odds were about 10/11:D

any thoughs on Liscki vs Kirilinko 2moro..

am taking Liscki to win at least one set (or +1.5 set ) at 4/7

any thoughs on Liscki vs Kirilinko 2moro..

am taking Liscki to win at least one set (or +1.5 set ) at 4/7

another easy win...:D

Bergamo Challenger in Italy

Andreas Vinciguerra VS (2)Jan-Lennard Struff

Take Andreas @2.65

He used to be a top 30 player, but retired through injury, came back last year for one final hurrah and has generally been getting crap results, but building fitness. I watched him play yesterday and my god he is back, he absolutely destroyed a very capable player ranked 500 places above him.

Struff is a decent young player, big server, but if Andreas plays like he did yesterday then theres only one winner, now seeing as he has all these injury issues don't put anything big on it, maybe he isn't able to play brilliantly two matches in a row, but what I seen yesterday was extremely encouraging.

PBZ Zagreb Indoors:

Ivan Dodig V Ivo Karlovic

Taking Dodig win @1.62

Both are big servers Ivo Karlovic is 6' 10" tall!! However thats his big disadvantage hes very slow and awkward around the court at times, and I really can't see any way for him to break Dodig, so all it will take is one of two sloppy service games to let Ivan in and the match will run away from him. Ivo Karlovic did beat Dimitrov 7-6.7-6 in the previous round so he is extremely dangerous, but I can't see him winning out here. Match starts in under an hour!

Again don't go too big, but I like this one.

• Advertisement

PBZ Zagreb Indoors:

Ivan Dodig V Ivo Karlovic

Taking Dodig win @1.62

Both are big servers Ivo Karlovic is 6' 10" tall!! However thats his big disadvantage hes very slow and awkward around the court at times, and I really can't see any way for him to break Dodig, so all it will take is one of two sloppy service games to let Ivan in and the match will run away from him. Ivo Karlovic did beat Dimitrov 7-6.7-6 in the previous round so he is extremely dangerous, but I can't see him winning out here. Match starts in under an hour!

Again don't go too big, but I like this one.

Agree with u on this...dodig has been playing remarkable...both have big serves so the over market should be good as well plus tie breaks

Albert Montanes vs Gimeno-Traver...

Gimeno Traver to win at 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Taking Dodig in play. Good thread mrdmb!!:D

Good start to the evening

Taking Dodig in play. Good thread mrdmb!!:D

am kinda worried from the way Dodig lost the 2nd set tie break...

He had me worried there too, totally tanked the tb, showed some balls to snap out of it and take the 3rd thou.

Dallas Challenger:

Dancevic, F v Williams, R

Take Dancevic @1.62

Dancevic has been in fantastic form lately, really can't speak more highly of him at this moment, he destroyed Granollers a top 30 player 3-0 and Jessie Levine a top 70 player 2-1 both within the last 2 weeks, his ranking of 150 or so is false. He easily a top 60 player on his current form.

Williams has been doing ok lately, but he shouldn't win this. Match starts in about 2 hours.

Bergamo Challenger in Italy

Andreas Vinciguerra VS (2)Jan-Lennard Struff

Take Andreas @2.65

He used to be a top 30 player, but retired through injury, came back last year for one final hurrah and has generally been getting crap results, but building fitness. I watched him play yesterday and my god he is back, he absolutely destroyed a very capable player ranked 500 places above him.

Struff is a decent young player, big server, but if Andreas plays like he did yesterday then theres only one winner, now seeing as he has all these injury issues don't put anything big on it, maybe he isn't able to play brilliantly two matches in a row, but what I seen yesterday was extremely encouraging.

Andreas has drifted to 3.0 on some sites, match starts in just over an hour.

Andreas has drifted to 3.0 on some sites, match starts in just over an hour.

Am on Dancevic as well.. he has been in a great form as uu said

Not sure about Andreas though.. thinking the game overs market would be better

Andreas is just a small play, like I said earlier I have no idea if he can repeat his form that hes showed earlier in the week, but trust me he was exceptional last match. Struff I just don't rate

• Advertisement

Andreas is just a small play, like I said earlier I have no idea if he can repeat his form that hes showed earlier in the week, but trust me he was exceptional last match. Struff I just don't rate

OK gonna have some of that cuz the odds are great.. which bookie ur using for tennis?

Advertisement