Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes to buy Betdaq

• 24-01-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting hearing this on Newstalk this morning, I wonder what this will mean for Betdaq, will it benefit from having more liquidity thanks to a massive advertising campaign from Ladbrokes or will it be left to wilt and die?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I wonder where they got the funds to buy it????
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056863575
    LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I laughed out loud there hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

It's interesting. You'd imagine they'll make a go of it after paying up for it.

They'll try and grow betdaq I expect, I wonder will they rebrand it and have exchange betting as a link off the Ladbrokes site? Buying some of the competition is generally a good move if the price is right.

Loads of people vehemently just use exchanges now as a matter of principle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

RoverJames wrote: »
    They'll try and grow betdaq I expect, I wonder will they rebrand it and have exchange betting as a link off the Ladbrokes site? Buying some of the competition is generally a good move if the price is right.

Loads of people vehemently just use exchanges now as a matter of principle

Yikes I wonder if they'd start limiting if they have it as a link off their main site

• Advertisement

Doubt it, as twould be an exchange they shouldn't be overly bother what you place on it, although ards with Ladbrokes market prices might raise an eyebrow :pac:

Advertisement