Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

betting from abroad ; online

Options
  • 22-01-2013 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

hey guys
    just a quick question !
    at the moment i live in ireland , bet a good bit online on soccer and horse racing ..
    use paddypower the most , also have a bet365 & sky bet accounts. use them both on the phone and on the laptop !

im going to australia next week , jus wondering can i still use these accounts from there ? on the phone the apps have to have location services turned on (iphone 4s) to allow you to use them .. when you launch the app it checks your location via gps !

when im abroad can i use these sites on the laptop or will the sites somehow know my location , maybe via the wifi im using ?

are you not allowed use these sites outside the uk ?

otherwise whats the best site to use in australia ? would be interested in both online and mobile compatible sites ?

thanks in advance ! all help appreciated .. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

PP own Sportsbet in Australia so not sure if that's going to be of any use to you, one of the other "big boys" I think it's Hills are in the process of buying someone over there as well.
    Betfair use an Aussie Wallet if you want to bet on Aussie Tennis, something to do with the regulations over there.
    Best bet would be to ring customer service in each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Go onto each of their 'Live Help' and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Some bookies allow betting from abroad, some are very strict about it. PP for example blocked my account for logging on from an American IP address, even though I wasn't in America. I only went on to check my bets, not place any, which is perfectly legal with all most other bookies, yet they banned it instantly. And of course, to reopen your account they want you to jump through every hoop possible (send a copy of a bill, call from a payphone etc) Not worth the hassle.

Advertisement