Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some info on the IEC 2013- DOES NOT MEAN PROGRAMME IS OPEN!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

do we need to fill in the
    Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM5257 – Schedule 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    I know that but do you know the next form where you state employment history etc. It has Validate Form at end but how do we sign it?

save PDF when complete, Validate first, then print the final page ,sign & date, then scan. DONT FORGET THAT THIS IS JUST A DRY RUN.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Grabbed this information from the myCIC, there's more information after that part but I figured this is the most important part.

Step 3: Upload your documents

Here are some guidelines for your documents:

- Your form(s) and document(s) must be in an electronic format.

- You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC.

- One file will be allowed per document type. For example, if you are asked to provide multiple pages of your passport, you must scan and save all pages as one file.

- You will be required to upload every requested form and document. You will not be able to proceed to the next steps until you upload every form/document.

- A "help" feature provides you with more information about each form/document. The help text will appear below the list of documents.

- The maximum size for each file is 4 MB (four megabytes). We accept these file formats:
    PDF (Portable Document)
    JPG, TIFF, or PNG (Image)
    DOC or DOCX (Microsoft Word Document.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

is the programme open or wtf is going on??

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

is the programme open or wtf is going on??

No not yet but you can enrol in the myCIC to have yourself prepared.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
    Scroll to the bottom and click the right box "GCkey Login".

You can actually register on that page by reading the paragraph of information above the login dialogue boxes.
    You'll see 'Register' somewhere in the paragraph in blue font.

https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/rg?execution=e1s1

I'm not sure if the link above will work as it's a ref link but it should bring you straight to the register page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

do we need to fill in the
    Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM5257 – Schedule 1)

No! read site

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    Just got email off my friend who works in immigration in Canada and he says that is regarding someone who has already submitted a previous application but since I'm a totally new applicant it has to be 3 months. So can only take info for myself and my situation which is 3 and well I not taking risk regardless as there no 2ndchance of getting this right.

As in why would everywhere else say 3 months and if you read question carefully on your link it is clearly stating with regards to previous application that they must have on file

Ok, from what i'm reading on the IEC site and the email response is 12 months.
    Feel free to email them and ask.

archicraft wrote: »
    Yes, participant acceptance is granted after stage.1 success, then youre directed to the Come to Canada Wizard and MyCIC (e-App) to apply for their work permit (Stage 2).

after come to canada wizard is complete you will recieve the following
    personal checklist (please find attacted below) & then on to e-apps.

absolutely simple:)

what is the DFAIT Notice - Participation Acceptance about???
    it is looking for that form, cv/resume, passport or travel document, digital photo and family information form?

Does this sound right??
    They never asked for any police clearance forms or anything to be uploaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Tonto86 wrote: »

No need for me as mine is within 3 months now but if you want to risk 12 months best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RodimusPrime

archicraft wrote: »
    Yes, participant acceptance is granted after stage.1 success, then youre directed to the Come to Canada Wizard and MyCIC (e-App) to apply for their work permit (Stage 2).

after come to canada wizard is complete you will recieve the following
    personal checklist (please find attacted below) & then on to e-apps.

absolutely simple:)

Thanks for your help Archicraft!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Accrual Intentions

Tonto86 wrote: »

I emailed them on Wednesday. No reply yet. But I'm just going to go and get a new cert anyway to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

This is confusing it gives you two ways to register how are you supposed to know which one to choose???

what is the DFAIT Notice - Participation Acceptance about???
    it is looking for that form, cv/resume, passport or travel document, digital photo and family information form?

Does this sound right??
    They never asked for any police clearance forms or anything to be uploaded.

Can anyone help me out here??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

hey mate your in the same boat as the rest of us so. you cant do anymore till it opens. that DFAIT is a form that will be sent to you when you complete the first stage of the iec:)
    For now its just sit back crack open a can and wait till it opens:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Can anyone help me out here??

Thing is we really won't know what forms they are going to want until the thing opens proper. We can speculate as much as possible based on what they required last year, but since it is all online etc they could throw a massive curve ball and change up the requirements completely, but until we know there is nothing we can do.

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    hey mate your in the same boat as the rest of us so. you cant do anymore till it opens. that DFAIT is a form that will be sent to you when you complete the first stage of the iec:)
    For now its just sit back crack open a can and wait till it opens:)

cheers.

so basically just register and get as far as i got as all i can do for now?

no bods mate it can be a bit of a panic filling it out was for me anyway:)
    Thats it to a tee mate all we do is wait now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

is anyone else having problems with opening the first form IMM1295 form, it keeps telling me i dont have the latest version of adobe but i downloaded it and it still says that??

Its not open yet thats why you cant fill it in?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jkell061

Hi, dumb question, but the step 1 eligibility, can we do that now or are u saying its just a dry run? Will it have to be done from scratch when the programme opens or do it now and start from step 2 when its open?

Thanks..

• Advertisement

as far as i know, once you have it done thats it and you can upload documments and when the programme is open you just have to pay the fee and submit it. thats my reading of it anyway

Yea but we will have to fill out step 1 first which is the iec form which determines your eligibility and determines if you will get a conditional acceptance to continue on your process:)

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Yea but we will have to fill out step 1 first which is the iec form which determines your eligibility and determines if you will get a conditional acceptance to continue on your process:)

i get ya, so the process we have done so far we'll have to do again when it opens? so theres no point in oploading anything yet if it is not open is it?

No we wont as we have MY CIC account set up so we wont have to do that again we just have to update it in due course.

From my pint of view we have the MY CIC part done so basically when it opens we will have to fill out the iec part of it then depending on that of eligible or not we will be issued with the conditional of acceptance letter which will be put on the MY CIC where it state that letter.

You can upload stuff if you want i have my passport and police cert and and photo loaded up. i am not going to upload my cv until i have completed stage 1 as i think that is the one that will be asking for work details so i want to make sure my cv dates match that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Saffron Revolution

Thanks for all the helpful information guys! With regards to the Police Cert, do we need to list every address we've ever lived at? I lived in Dublin for 7 years at different addresses but my home address in Kerry was always my main residence. My post was always sent to this address. Do you think they will cross reference my Resume against my Police Cert? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all the helpful information guys! With regards to the Police Cert, do we need to list every address we've ever lived at? I lived in Dublin for 7 years at different addresses but my home address in Kerry was always my main residence. My post was always sent to this address. Do you think they will cross reference my Resume against my Police Cert? Thanks in advance!

no your police cert is an internal thing, it doesnt matter what addresses are on which, once you have clearance it covers the whole country no matter where you lived eventhough you might have been issued the cert from your homeplace and not where you live

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

no your police cert is an internal thing, it doesnt matter what addresses are on which, once you have clearance it covers the whole country no matter where you lived eventhough you might have been issued the cert from your homeplace and not where you live

My police/garda cert lists all my previous addresses. And in doing so these will be available to Canadian authorities once i upload it to their system.
    However there are no dates shown as to when i lived at these previous addresses.
    So given that there are no dates, they might find it hard to try match up or look for discrepancies that might exist with that and the CV you will upload.

My police/garda cert lists all my previous addresses. And in doing so these will be available to Canadian authorities once i upload it to their system.
    However there are no dates shown as to when i lived at these previous addresses.
    So given that there are no dates, they might find it hard to try match up or look for discrepancies that might exist with that and the CV you will upload.

ya, I see what you mean....i dunno what to say to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

ya, I see what you mean....i dunno what to say to you!

lol, luckily it doesn't effect me, the response was mainly for Saffron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 mmm88

Does anyone know if you have a driving offence I.e. put off the road would this effect the iec application or automatic refusal?? Thanks in advance

Advertisement