Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

##RAMPING THREAD##

• 17-01-2013 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

You know the story, post any snow ramping posts and general chitter chatter. Pictures of ramps or crying children here please. Use the event thread for more detailed discussion, pictures, reports etc. Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Some forecast this morning by MT, if all that comes to pass this could be one for the memory books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

This post could do with more eye-catching title.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

-11c temps at sunrise on the east cost of england! Looks like things are picking up for good snow for us :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

This post could do with more eye-catching title.

The Day 3 Days Before The Day After Snowmageddon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

so does this mean snow is coming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Here we go again please don't fall apart. I've been giving up for the last three weeks but I just can't bring myself to get off this Rollercoaster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

channaigh wrote: »
    Here we go again please don't fall apart. I've been giving up for the last three weeks but I just can't bring myself to get off this Rollercoaster

i'll stick my neck out here and say this will not fall apart

What have I done !! :D:pac::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    so does this mean snow is coming?

In Cork? Well....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Whats the latest for the next few days????

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

jo06555 wrote: »
    Whats the latest for the next few days????

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

In Cork? Well....:o

oh don't be like that:(

364 viewing the forum before 9am, is something happening ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

t|nt|n wrote: »

What have I done !! :D:pac::eek:

:-O!! I'm actually still fairly calm (well calm for me is diff to everybody else I suppose!), I know this could fall apart at any moment!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Oh oh! :pac:

Yes, still time for it all to go t*ts up!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

What was wrong with the old thread ? , i think it could have got to 1 million views in the next week with the upgraded forecast

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Oh oh! :pac:

Yes, still time for it all to go t*ts up!

Here, you, did ya not see the big ramp at the entrance to this thread :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Cork could well have a wet mild weekend, but next week looks promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

Here, you, did ya not see the big ramp at the entrance to this thread :pac:
    Unfortunatly my experience of ramps is we all fly up them full of hope, just as you get to the top everything flips and we end up on our arse.

Good thing is this time it looks like a snow ramp and any flip will result in landing in a snow drift :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Long live the ramping thread!

1268050093skijumperowne.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

What the hell happened overnight ????
    I went to bed and all I could hear was ME and Rain ringing in my ears and I wake up and everyone is awash with the joys of a good possibility of snow.
    All I can say is Happy Days !!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Thinking of taking a drive up to Sally Gap in the afternoon, what would conditions be like up their today, try and get few pics!

What the hell happened overnight ????
    I went to bed and all I could hear was ME and Rain ringing in my ears and I wake up and everyone is awash with the joys of a good possibility of snow.
    All I can say is Happy Days !!! :D

If it can change for the better so quick my worry is by the time we al go to sleep tonight we will be looking at a sunny 12 next week knowing our luck!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sibehusk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

DOCARCH wrote: »

I have to laugh at these threads.......that talks about cold with a possibility of a few snow showers. Cold being the main focus as opposed to snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Look at that depression over Spain and it's associated cold front moving into North Africa. This time last year those depressions were tracking well to the north of Scotland. Great stuff! Charts like that really cheer me up. :)

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack1a.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I have to laugh at these threads.......that talks about cold with a possibility of a few snow showers. Cold being the main focus as opposed to snow.
    I totally agree, doesn't look like no snow fest to me ether!

Anyone who has Sky News on, make sure you watch the weather forecast ! All nice and white over us from 6am until midday (which is as far out as they go)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

davidsr20 wrote: »
    I totally agree, doesn't look like no snow fest to me ether!

Yep, cold weather with a few snow showers. Met E get attacked because they dont say that the country will be snowbound, when the data doesn't indicate that it will. It's ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

From ME website:

There is a high probability of a severely cold week. Maxima are predicted to be in low single figures with severe air and ground frosts at night. Strong easterly winds up to mid-week will produce significant wind chill and make it feel bitterly cold everywhere. Some snow showers are possible especially in the east and south where there may be some accumulations but for most areas it will be mainly dry.Freezing fog may develop over the second half of the week as the winds drop and sub-zero temperatures then may persist during daytime.

:D

• Advertisement

Anyone who has Sky News on, make sure you watch the weather forecast ! All nice and white over us from 6am until midday (which is as far out as they go)
    For when???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement