Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some info on the IEC 2013- DOES NOT MEAN PROGRAMME IS OPEN!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Judging by the way there talking it will be open before the 1st Feb do ya think?:)
    I hope so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Dunno the fact that this bulletin was released indicated sooner rather than later to me

Yea especially with the information regarding police cert. i hope its this week even just to get the process started:)

I have passport photos, up to date CV, copy birth cert, and police clearance this all i need ?:)

Should be all you need but who knows until out opens officially. Worth noting though that incomplete applications will not be returned till April so get it right the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

So for those of us who are a bit special..

Online application, followed by conditional acceptance, then the usual process begins for those who have been provisionally accepted??

What are the key changes?

• Advertisement

Yea i don't really no the key changes. but you basically have one chance to get it righted or your ****ed :/ lets hope we all get it right:)

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Yea i don't really no the key changes. but you basically have one chance to get it righted or your ****ed :/ lets hope we all get it right:)

Good luck with it anyway luckily I dont to have to do it this time have my PR submitted

Well for ya mate.all the best with the PR :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Haha I'd say we should all team up and correct each others docs before we send them off, they're returning applications in April so that's fairly bad.

wasterEx good name:/
    Haha i think we should really have one shot to dodge the bullet in ireland and get out:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Wait we need photos? How many does anyone know (I never got a look at last years guidelines before they yanked them). Bloody photo's be the bain of my life. I have three, but the passport application needs FOUR! So I have to go and get a new set done. Will the three I already have be sufficiant and what do we do with them - like do they need to be signed or owt? TA

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

hdowney wrote: »
    Wait we need photos? How many does anyone know (I never got a look at last years guidelines before they yanked them). Bloody photo's be the bain of my life. I have three, but the passport application needs FOUR! So I have to go and get a new set done. Will the three I already have be sufficiant and what do we do with them - like do they need to be signed or owt? TA
    You only need 2 as far as I can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy_kool

So is the first part of application goin to be done online too? Do u think

In the new process, the following countries will use DFAIT’s IEC-Kompass system for the IEC portion (Stage 1) of the application. Applicants who meet the IEC eligibility requirements will be directed to use the Come to Canada Wizard and MyCIC (e-App) to apply for their work permit (Stage 2).

All IEC applications must be submitted electronically or returned to the client to submit online unless Web accessibility issues, as per Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (TBS) Guidelines, are identified.

This indicates online application but who knows until the program is released for definite

makita wrote: »
    You only need 2 as far as I can remember

That's not too bad so. I have two left over from my passport application photos (sent off the passport app today :) ).

Yea the impression I got was it is all online application this year. Wonder how the document providing will work so.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

it might be like the australian application where its all online and the documents are all provided at the border???heres hoping because it all seems very confusing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I was scouting around the IEC section last night and came across this http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

You answer the questions that are relevant to you. After it lets you know you're eligible for the IEC.

Looks really basic. I'm not sure if that's the official IEC online application though.
    I haven't gone any further than that so I don't jeopardize my chance of going incase I fak up.

Here's a screenshot of my checklist that was generated.

Did anyone fill out the questions it asks you on that link? jeez they make it awful confusing:/

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WillPainter

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490-appa-eng.pdf It says here that applicants from Ireland require a 'Family Form'. Is this a birth cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490-appa-eng.pdf It says here that applicants from Ireland require a 'Family Form'. Is this a birth cert?

No the family form is a form asking for details about all your immediate family name, dob etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

From looking at last year's a family form is a form you fill out. You've to list your parents & their address & your siblings & their address. You've to tick whether they're coming with you or not. It looks like it's required in all cases but I'm not sure why!

I'm not sure why it is required but yea it was required no matter what. You had to give details of your family members

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

To coincide with the expected opening of the IEC program this week, Moving2Canada is launching a monthly newsletter so you stay informed on important news and events! We understand it's hard to keep up to date on everything, so we decided to create a monthly summary to keep you informed at your own convenience!

https://www.facebook.com/events/101121580066573/

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Do you need a birth cert? I can't remember if I submitted one last year???

Squee :)

Also if we do need a birth cert I can't do anything, I can't do anything yet anyway. I am waiting on my passport, and they have my birth cert

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Birth cert, passport, 2 signed photographs (like passport 1's) and garda clearance.

Right so I am waiting on my passport to come back, and my birth cert with it, and my garda cert from the copshop. I have the photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

if its an online application this year, how do you send photos and all certs and forms?

if its an online application this year, how do you send photos and all certs and forms?
    Scan and.upload to mycic is how it's do.eu for other programs

• Advertisement

Wondering how you scan a document that is larger than your scanner - eg long form birth cert and an a4 scanner which is what I have?

Advertisement