Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial Arts photographic & video thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Cestheday

Best of Siam II was on in Paris on November 22nd. I had the privilege to secure a press pass and snapped a lot. Follow the link to have a look at a first edit of the night.
    Once again, the Thais showed how beautiful Muay Thai is.

http://cestheday.smugmug.com/MuayThai/SIAM-II/26835289_BG6hhf#!i=2247897341&k=8GS8jVJ

Enjoy!!

26835289_BG6hhf#!i=2247899779&k=TQ7zwmr&lb=1&s=XLhttp:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Charley Screeching Sweeper

This has become my fav judo YT clip.. It shows judo in all its brilliance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭gb153

For something a bit different a few tai chi clips here.

Master Wang Hai Jun training with Aikido club in the states. Going through some of the applications of the form in the clip below. He's a regular visitor in Ireland.

Demonstration of rooting below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

@cestheday

excellent muay thai photo's...really captures the sport well plus i think that the fact the photo's arent colour add to their qaulity.Keep up the good work and hope you're making a living from it!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Tui shou / chinese wrestling clip for recent ICBA event in Dublin, lifted from this thread, for those wondering what this format of competitive wrestling looks like.

SMACL what level are those two guys at?.

SMACL what level are those two guys at?.

Only trained with Karl, the lad who won, and wasn't at the comp myself. He's done a fair number years (not sure how many) of san shou (chinese full contact including grappling) with Niall Keane but is typically much more of a striker than a wrestler. He'd been away from training for a while before this competition, and fancied the wrestling as something a bit different. Strong as an ox mind you; he'd no problem throwing me while wrestling recently and I'm about 20kg heavier. Niall could probably give you some background on the other lad.

Edit: Probably worth mentioning that this was the first open competition in Ireland that I'm aware of, and most if not all of the competitors don't practice wrestling exclusively, as a dedicated BJJ person or Judoka would. I'd guess that for many of the competitors it would also have been their first open wrestling competition of this type. Wudang san shou Dublin, Practical tai chi Ireland and UCD tai chi have a long history of competing abroad in Chinese wrestling events, but I'm haven't come across many other Irish clubs at these events.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OLDMAN1

238576.jpg

Evan Lynch after receiving his bronze medal at the European open Shuai Jiao(Chinese wrestling) championships in Italy(cadet section), November 2012. Changkun Li of China came first and Pierre Puiseux of France came second

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kcimd

just saw this thread so heres a promo i did for the next muay thai supershow in cork. and MAKIKOMI, john douglas is my uncle, my 2 brothers ray and paddy douglas are fighting on this show :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 BJJ_Expert

The one and only Ronda Rousey showing how it's done against a man, a BJJ balckbelt at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

So 4 years ago (Friday 13th :p) Ray and I signed a lease.. a huge leap into the unknown to do something we'd only dreamed of.

Thanks to everyone who has helped us along the way, especially to our members, we wouldn't be here without your support! :)

4 years since our first class yesterday.. 22 on the mat, not bad for Valentine's night smile.png Here's a short slideshow of what the place looked like in 2009... and what it looks like now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭magicherbs

BJJ_Expert wrote: »
    The one and only Ronda Rousey showing how it's done against a man, a BJJ balckbelt at that.

in fairness, regional level judo blackbelt (never mind an olympic level) would make ****e of a very good bjj blackbelt standing up (probably vice versa on the ground).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 BJJ_Expert

Ring girl doesn't know fight is over despite a fighter obviously flat out with the medics attending to him. And no, she's not a blonde :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Henry Minogue

eskrima demo 2012

espadaydaga-1.jpg

doublestick.jpg

dagacontradaga.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

My first competition, trying to escape an armbar.

2012_05_09_12_19_59_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

Ha audacious to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

A few pics from the Mugendo inter club competition between Coolock, Glin, Ashbourne & Maynooth

860154_10200687224692499_506151170_o_zps1c11aa34.jpg

487275_10200687089409117_1470351479_n_zps91640662.jpg

882294_10200686994846753_393724091_o_zpsd016b47f.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ShakeZula

Not sure about her style, but this video about (girl) self-defence is great

ShakeZula wrote: »
    Not sure about her style, but this video about (girl) self-defence is great

Looked like a crappy mock up from where I'm sitting. Third guy fell over without even being touched, and the first two went down surprisingly easily / neatly. I don't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ShakeZula

smacl wrote: »
    Looked like a crappy mock up from where I'm sitting. Third guy fell over without even being touched, and the first two went down surprisingly easily / neatly. I don't buy it.

I don't know. Maybe you're right. But I think that can be real - third guy was already afraid of her, so there was no need to touch him. My russian friends said this is normal situation in Russia - street thugs are scary, but most of them doesn't have fighting skills. But that girl is obviously knows thing or two about martial arts, so maybe this is why first two went down so easily.

Russian thugs falling over because a girl scowls at them, this could do their reputation serious damage.

Just a very short click of some throwing practice up in Portmarnock Judo Club last night (my battery died).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Kungfu

Right now I am thinking "****, why did I not bring a camera to training?". Had camera phones but never thought to use them. Then again when we trained we were always too busy to take pics, but having said that it would have been good to have had some pictures to look back on. And video is even better. You can use video to analyse technique etc.

Kungfu wrote: »
    Then again when we trained we were always too busy to take pics

Even when I'm injured, ill or late to train I make it my business not to miss classes (sit them out) ~ thats MY time, and its very hard to get that time back if you lose it to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

A few weeks ago, I brought a big fancy camera, lenses, and a tripod to training. Then I forgot to take any photos.

Here's a video I took last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 PayBringer

PlutoTV has two fight-themed channels, one showing fights, the other showing behind the scenes and info. There are some decent clips on both of them. Here's "fight life", currently playing "Best of Muay Thai"... oh, I can't post links yet. Well... you can find it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

10514320_10204724926268168_8396226529660233375_o.jpg

10582917_10204724926348170_7349588409267672126_o.jpg

Advertisement