Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

stroganoff is all I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

I can't understand how Damien can act so relaxed and chatty with Suzanne. If anyone has forgotten her abusive behaviour, it was extremely scary to watch.
    Louise has just scratched the surface. She wouldn't even stand in the same room as Suzanne if she knew just how horrible she was. If Suzanne was a real person I would be very concerned about the welfare of baby Hannah.

Darren and Louise are not exactly too upset about their mother dying. It is as if they are fitting the funeral into their social diary. If my mother was being buried I know I would be inconsolable. In soap terms, Rita was a good mother to the kids.
    Reopening Helen's grave should send the floodgates opening. Yvonne gave the Doyle's a good name which is ironic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

wordsmithi wrote: »
    I can't understand how Damien can act so relaxed and chatty with Suzanne. If anyone has forgotten her abusive behaviour, it was extremely scary to watch.
    Louise has just scratched the surface. She wouldn't even stand in the same room as Suzanne if she knew just how horrible she was. If Suzanne was a real person I would be very concerned about the welfare of baby Hannah.

Darren and Louise are not exactly too upset about their mother dying. It is as if they are fitting the funeral into their social diary. If my mother was being buried I know I would be inconsolable. In soap terms, Rita was a good mother to the kids.
    Darren's speech was said with no passion. It sounded like he never met his mother and was bullshítting on the spot. Poor acting. Luckily, Yvonne saved that scene.

Thank you to the poster who pointed out Darren and Neasa's ages. I don't know why I thought she was a good bit older then him. She is spoken for though isn't she even if the bloke is not around at the moment?

Leinsterr wrote: »
    Darren's speech was said with no passion. It sounded like he only never met his mother and was bullshítting on the spot. Poor acting. Luckily, Yvonne saved that scene.

He could have been talking about the weather. He was the only son who bothered to show up. The eldest son didn't even use skype. Bela must wonder if any member of his family will show up when he pops his clogs. Bar Yvonne, Rita's death didn't seem to be handled all that well. Disappointed with that story. Anyway, hopefully Bela will find a hobby or a different subject to talk about now. On second thoughts, it is highly unlikely.

Judith and Tommy are an odd couple.
    Judith :"I'm off to sleep with Luke tonight"
    Tommy:" O.k I'll see you at dinner time. I think I'll watch the match before I turn in".
    Tommy says to Zak, "Have you finished your homework yet?
    Zak: "Not yet. Where is Mam gone?"
    Tommy: " She is gone to spend the night with Uncle Luke"
    Oh great! the match has started. I've been looking forward to it".

• Advertisement

dareen didnt shave at all rita would be ashamed

"Yvonne" i got a job cleaning , ive been doing it for years & now i get paid for it

is yvonne really leaving :( please dont she is my favourite now

yvonne would be great in a english soap where would she fit best eastenders ?

all the children running scared ****less now that she wants to leaving none on them what to look after there father only yvonne

also as for dareen ma sent me money ma asked me to come home for a holiday then why didnt you even when she was sick same goes for the rest of them

:( makes me sad as im in the same situation as yvonne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Those Dillons are totally totally hypocrites !! At each others throats..Zak walks in .... change instantly to all smiles at each other..unbelievable :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

If Louise (the youngest Doyle) is 25 and Rita was born in 1951, what age was she when she had Helen??? If Helen and Jimmy were both older than Yvonne who is now 36 then Rita must have been quite young marrying Bela!

Yvonne was brilliant again tonight. Hope she doesn't leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

I'm almost certain the guy who plays Darren was in an early film version of Mrs. Brown a film with Angelica Huston called "Agnes Brown" about 10 years ago. He played one of the sons.

• Site Banned Posts: 240 ✭✭Nervous Nigel

If Louise (the youngest Doyle) is 25 and Rita was born in 1951, what age was she when she had Helen??? If Helen and Jimmy were both older than Yvonne who is now 36 then Rita must have been quite young marrying Bela!

Yvonne was brilliant again tonight. Hope she doesn't leave

I only know this 'cause it stuck in my mind from this evening's episode. Helen was born in 1971 and died in 1998 (per her gravestone), so Rita was 20 when she had Helen. Not young for back then.

• Advertisement

I'm almost certain the guy who plays Darren was in an early film version of Mrs. Brown a film with Angelica Huston called "Agnes Brown" about 10 years ago. He played one of the sons.

it is him she asks his mammy why is there hair on his willy and she says its to keep you warm when you go swimming :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

leahyl wrote: »
    Ok, never knew people did that to be honest! :o
    Yep, it's certainly a tradition in Dublin. My Mam insisted on giving the gravediggers a few bob at my Dad's funeral. I did the same for her at her funeral 2 years ago.:(
    She would have loved this storyline, she loved FC and it was part of our morning routine to put the kettle on and discuss the previous night's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Would it have hurt that eejit Darren to put a tie on him for his mother's funeral or was he more concerned about impressing Neasa in the pub afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

jos28 wrote: »
    Yep, it's certainly a tradition in Dublin. My Mam insisted on giving the gravediggers a few bob at my Dad's funeral. I did the same for her at her funeral 2 years ago.:(
    She would have loved this storyline, she loved FC and it was part of our morning routine to put the kettle on and discuss the previous night's episode.

Tradition too in Kerry. Tip the priest, tip the (assistant/caretaker of the church), and the grave diggers. Sorry about your mam, me and my mom have a similar tradition!:)

Your post reminded me of the painful years I spent in national school trying to answer impossible maths problems.

An example: If Mary was born in 1974 and John is four years younger then her. How old will Mary be if she lives twice as long as John who will not celebrate his birthday because he was born in a leap year? Absolute nonsense---- school days were not the best days of my life. Could never grasp those awful sums.

Would it have hurt that eejit Darren to put a tie on him for his mother's funeral or was he more concerned about impressing Neasa in the pub afterwards?

He scarpered off the pulpit quickly when Yvonne took over which was probably a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Isn't it ironic that the bell has rung for Rita...

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

did anyone hear Yvonne saying "its your mothers funeral, I dont TINK youll be centre stage" in a thick dublin accent! Made me chuckle! Shes soo good now. Please dont leave

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is Yvonne meant to be leaving the show? I think she does a pretty good job of acting the bitch but still being a lovable character :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Cardor wrote: »
    did anyone hear Yvonne saying "its your mothers funeral, I dont TINK youll be centre stage" in a thick dublin accent! Made me chuckle! Shes soo good now. Please dont leave

O'Reilly would definitely like Yvonne :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Bela had a problem pronouncing the word "funeral"

I kept come out as "funeldel"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

For Judith to lose her earring in that location I conclude it was "the wheel barrow"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Any hope fc had of saving itself will be well and truely gone if yvonne leaves. As mentioned before she could and should take on any role in any soap or tv series.
    As for Judith and greyie, it is disgusting, I have never heard of this happening before, how will her kids react when they hear that their mum is having an affair with their uncle with their fathers permission. It is so so wrong on every level, what are the writers thinking of, beyond belief.

my parents are having a great ol time laughing at tommy blackie & judy never seen them laugh so hard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Sorry about your mam, me and my mom have a similar tradition!:)

I remember bringing Mam to The Pavilions in Swords for a mosey around the shops and a bit of lunch. There I was pushing her in her wheelchair around TK Maxx when she spotted Ciara O'Callaghan. She announces loudly 'there's Yvonne, you'd think she'd bring her Mother out for a day. That poor woman has been stuck in that room with a bell for months !' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I liked Wayne's comment about Neasa being with nearly every man in Carrigstown except him. It would be comedy gold to see his reaction if he ever found out what was going on with Tommy/Judith/Luke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Was Charlie in the Doyle household when the row with Yvonne and her family erupted? He told Bela just before the hearse left the house not to take any notice of what Yvonne said to him. How did Charlie know what happened in the Doyle house if he wasn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah he was - the scene at the end where he punches Ray Winstone's character is class! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF_BJVQIKcU

cofy wrote: »
    I liked Wayne's comment about Neasa being with nearly every man in Carrigstown except him.

How old is he supposed to be!? He was a teenager in it when Yvonne was a kid and Suzanne even younger so I'm guessing he'd be around 40..yet he hangs around with the younger crowd? That said age has never been an issue in FC lol! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Missed the last couple of weeks but will hopefully catch up this weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Last few episodes have been very good. Yvonne's been great, showing what an asset she is to the show. Loved her destroying her family for their selfishness. I think Ryan is hilarious, I really enjoy him. Has had good interactions with the rest of the cast.

The Dillons storyline is pretty bad, but I prefer it to the Dermot-Jo-Maeve storyline. I can not wait for smug Judith to be found by her kids.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement