Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Medicine In Britain

• 05-01-2013 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I was considering studying medicine abroad, preferably Scotland and I wanted to know a few details.
    1. How do you apply?
    2. What are the requirements? (Do you need to do a HPAT equivelent?)
    3. How much does it cost?
    Any other details you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Moved to NI & GB Colleges

1. You apply via UCAS (similar system to our CAO) - applications for medicine have an earlier closing date than many other courses, this is generally mid-October (i.e. for entry in 2014 your application has to be in by October 2013). The course code for medicine is A100.

2. The majority of applicants for medicine are required to sit the UKCAT (similar idea to HPAT). Edinburgh for example requires that you sit the test before submitting your UCAS application.

3. AFAIK (open to correction!) there are no tuition fees for EU students at Scottish universities. There's a good few threads in the forum regarding undergraduate fees.

Medicine is sensationally competitive, and your personal statement on your UCAS form (sort of a 'why you should pick me' essay that everyone has to write) is hugely important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Some unis also require the BMAT, another test, but I think it's only 4 or 5 (Oxbridge and some London ones).

Advertisement