Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bookie Sales

• 31-12-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭

Boyles starting their Sales tomorrow with Money Back Losers & Enhanced prices.

PP have been doing theirs since Stephens Day.
    Enhanced Ruby Walsh all month, Money Back if 2nd in 2 virtual meetings every day, 2/1 to 4/1 SP Bonus on the Greyhounds (If the dog wins at 2/1, you get paid at 4/1).
    3/1 to 6/1 or 4/1 to 8/1 SP Bonus on 1 or 2 Horse Race Flat Meetings (same dets as the dog winners).
    A lot of Enhanced Football prices, quite a few arbs.

Ladbrokes nothing so far and nothing announced for Jan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I would'nt even waste my time checking out the boyles specials they never
    have a decent special.

Last sunday they had a NFL special plastered all over the screens,4 teams to win 6/5.
    When I worked it out you got better odds taking the match prices.

PP do seem to have the odd few decent ones tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

robbie1977 wrote: »
    PP do seem to have the odd few decent ones tho.

Some of Powers office specials are really good, arbs or huge +ive EV.

Really annoys me that they're so pathetic online when they literally give cash away in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

when they literally give cash away in the shops.

Which is very useful when you can't get a bet online.

They were 4/1 today Chelsea, Liverpool & Everton.
    Best price elsewhere was 7/2 with Coral but that only lasted till 3pm when the news broke about Ba not playing.
    Everton went from 2.4 to 2.16 on Betfair, Coral slashed their treble price to 11/4 while PP were still 4's, treble worked out at 3.9 on Betfair.
    They also did 2 Money Back Losers horse races on Saturday which was for all areas.

Lads are doing Money Back selected virtual races if the next roulette spin is red or black to a max refund of €20 :(
    2 point Virtual Boost if your horse wins at 12/1 or bigger (that rules out the top 6 in the betting!) and something else I can't remember so probably not that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Okidoki where you in a boyles shop since the sale started did they offer anything that looked value?

Yep and Nope ;).
    Was in a shop for about 2 hours yesterday and walked out as they had done NOTHING at 3pm!
    I'm going to go on a travel tomorrow into all 3 of them and post up who's doing what.

• Advertisement

Sales aside Boyles textmania can be very decent, there frequent if your horse is 2nd at a named meeting have a same stake freebet in next race at that meeting is very good imo, had that 4 or 5 times since Christmas day, on the 27th it was simply back a loser and get a same stake free bet next race.

Boyles in shop advertising:

(A) Money Back All Losers - Max refund €50.
    (B) SP Boost -Max Stake to €100.
    (C) Doing 3 enhances - Max Stake €500
    (D) Cash Back: Money back if 2nd selected races - Max refund €100.
    (E) Money Back if 2nd to Trap 1 All races at Crayford - Max refund €100

Was in the shop for 2 hours between 3.30 and 5.30pm and they did none of the above apart from (E).
    Asked at the counter and they did a Money Back All Losers race 11.59 Steepledowns (lot of people in the shop at that time!).
    They don't have a screen to say what offers they had done unless they didn't do a lot of them!
    Went 10/1 MU to win FA Cup - Max Stake €50.

Ladbrokes:
    (A) Money Back as a Free Bet selected races if the following Roulette Spin is Red or Black - Max Stake €20 - Race announced after the race has taken place.
    None happened in the 2 hours I was there.

(B)
    Money Back as a Free Bet if 2nd all races at Portman Park - Max Refund €20.

Went 6/4 Hearts to beat Hibs for 10 mins (2.14 Betfair).

Paddy Power
    (A) Money Back if 2nd all races at Sprint Valley & Portman Park - Max Refund €50.

(B) Double the SP Winnings if the 2nd Greyhounds number and your winning Trap number add up to 7 All races at Romford - Max Stake 25

(C) Double the SP Winnings if winners SP is 4/1 - All races at Lingfield - Max Stake 25

(D) Double the SP Winnings if winners SP is 9/4 - All races at Sunderland - Max Stake 25

(E) Double the SP Winnings if the 2nd Horses number and your winning horse number add up to 7 - Selected Horse races - Max Stake 25

(F) 50% Bonus if 4 Winners in a Yankee at Hove & Henlow Dogs

(G) Enhanced horse 4.35 Wolverhampyon - Max Stake €1,000
    (Assumed they did others as well as normal)

They went 10/1 Jelavic last night 1st goalscorer (8.4 Betfair).

No brainer based on what I saw today.
    PP by a mile, followed by Boyles with Lads a did not finish!

Aside:
    Mate called Chris who never bets, called in while I was in the bookies and heard the announcer talking about the next virtual race where a horse called Chris, 80/1 outsider was running.
    "I'll have a bet on that" he said.
    After quickly explaining the ins and outs of how to bet, the Horse had the extra weight of a €5 e/w...........and of course it Won!
    If only it was that easy :rolleyes:.

BTW there's a massive difference between cash back and a Free bet.
    The Free Bet doesn't return the Stake :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

Ladrokes are awful,why punters go into those shops ill never understand.
    Anyway tomorrow powers are giving money back all losers on 2 races up to 100 and a money back on the mu game.

Boyles have gone way down after today's efforts.
    Money Back 2nd to a Trap, 2 Greyhound meetings.
    SP Boost and Cash Back if 2nd were both selected VIRTUAL Races.
    There were NO Money Back All Loser races today and from what I found out, they will NOT do to them on a daily basis, only on occassions!

The award for worst price ever in the history of SP Favs has to go to
    Boyles today for their SP Favs Price at Lingfield........2/1 :mad:

Asked the guy behind the counter to get me a price for it not to happen
    but surprise surprise, the traders wouldn't quote.
    Ladbrokes were 4/1 the same bet, PP didn't do it.

Lads
    Money Back as a Free Bet selected races if the following Roulette Spin is Red or Black - Max Stake €20 - Race announced after the race has taken place.
    Money Back as a Free Bet if 2nd all races at Portman Park - Max Refund €20.
    A lot of Rugby "lock-ins" tonight, nothing great.

PP
    3/1 to 6/1 at Wolverhampton & Dundalk, a horse lucky 7, 9/4 to 9/2 at Monmore, Lucky 7 at Hove, Money Back Fallers in 3.10 Musselburgh for €200 Stake & MB 2nd Virtual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

I missed that fallers one in myssleburgh,left the shop at 3.i didn't see any ad about it so did they just do that out of the blue?
    200 max refund is decent, unlike sadcrooks hilarious 20€ freebies

Don't know, just saw the refund screen for it.

PP did 2 Money Back Losers (real horse races) today 1 at Chepstow and 1 at Wincanton.

Got sucked into a Lads Lockin at 9/2 today Villa and Sunderland :mad:.

Advertisement