Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Business Christmas Quiz

• 24-12-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Just did this quiz this evening. Got all of them apart from questions 10, 11, 17, 32 and the picture question 40.

10. In 1970, there were 27 companies on the Irish Stock Exchange - just four of those names remain today, either on the main or junior market. Who are they?

11. What was the level of Ireland's national debt at the end of November 2012?

17. Which Irish listed company sold off half of its business this year?

32. Which Ireland-headquarted company enjoyed a successful IPO on the New York Sotock Exchange?

40. Picture round...I think B is Robert Kraft and C is Jeremy Masding. I recognise D but can't place him.

Can anyone help? I can help with the other answers. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭macdonagh2007

Question no 11. Not sure but the answer could be €192 billion /GDP 117.7% ?

Question no 17. Again answer might be Readymix ?

Question no 32 . Fleetmatics

Question no 40. A = Julie O'Neill
    B = Blank = it's not Robert Kraft
    C = Jeremy Masding
    D = Blank.
    Any progress since Albert Roi

• Registered Users Posts: 12 meigeal

Thanks for answer to Question 32. I don’t think Readymix is the answer to Q17as only 38% was sold off according to the Irish Times in April. 10, 11 and 17 have me stumped as well as theremaining two people in photos, so if you get further info I would be grateful. I would be grateful for the answer to Q35 asto whose home is featured.

NO 35...House (Gorse Hill) owned by Brian O'Donnell & Mary Patricia O'Donnell.

Plenty followers this year..but not getting much help from them!!

What do you think of Robert Muller FBI for last photo? I am fed up trawling photos!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

Stuck on a few, I think I have the rest right.

19) Who said "There is nothing to hide from here" when explaining their acquisition of 2 property related businesses in August.
    21) Which English Premier League Club owner ia a sharehoder in Dublin Aerospace?
    17) Is Newbay the listed company that sold off half its business this year?
    40) Picture B and D

• Advertisement

meigeal wrote: »
    What do you think of Robert Muller FBI for last photo? I am fed up trawling photos!!!!!!!!
    Had a look at Mueller's mug shot. There is a likeness, but not convinced. Anyway there must be an Irish dimension to the question!! So it must/could be one of our own!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

vinpaul wrote: »
    21) Which English Premier League Club owner ia a sharehoder in Dublin Aerospace?

Tony Fernandes owns QPR
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/dublin-aerospace-loses-21m-in-first-year-2634843.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Fernandes#Football_League

Could you give me the answers thento 10 and 11 please. I have just got Fernandez for the premier league owner of the Aerospace shares too.

meigeal wrote: »
    Could you give me the answers thento 10 and 11 please. I have just got Fernandez for the premier league owner of the Aerospace shares too.
    10) AIB; B of I; Jefferson Smurfitt; and Cement Roadstone
    11) €192.7 billion

thks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

thks

Why are you thanking yourself??
    Multiple user names??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gaamad2

Will they be printing this again?

gaamad2 wrote: »

No they usually only print it once.

gaamad2 wrote: »

Here you go http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/1224/1224328150564.html

Stuck on a few, I think I have the rest right.

19) Who said "There is nothing to hide from here" when explaining their acquisition of 2 property related businesses in August.

Richard Barrett http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0831/1224323380406.html

Has anyone an answer to who is the business man pictured as B , exhausted at this stage looking at him!

Has anyone an answer to who is the business man pictured as B , exhausted at this stage looking at him!

Not yet, but I'm also missing picture D.
    So far so good, have not seen today's set yet but I think I've got all the others. I think they're all ok, thanks to posters for help. Will give any answers if anybody is seeking some. Happy New Year

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stryker201313

richard barrett

• Registered Users Posts: 41 McNab416

Also stuck on pictures B & D - will post if come up with any inspiration

Answer to picture round

D = Herb Hribar. ( Eircom)

Has anybody got answer for the gent in Picture B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Albert_Roi

Anyone know the answer as to who the to the guy in Picture B is? Today is the last day. I have all the other answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 McNab416

Afraid not - in the same boat now that we have Herb Hribar (great shout macdonagh2007) only need the guy in B to complete. Looks like we will run out of time on this one

The elusive gent was Pat Doherty, chairman of Harcourt Developments.

doherty-e1339198258843-150x150.jpg

http://www.theartcollector.org/the-luck-of-the-irish-pat-doherty/

Advertisement