Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

National Lottery - Millionaire Raffle 2012?

• 04-12-2012 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the National Lottery are running the New Year's Eve Millionaire Raffle this year.

These €20 tickets are always a handy Christmas present idea for a few people I know but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Are they for sale or am I being a little premature?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Yeah they are doing it again this year.

I have won twice on it over the past 2 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

jkelly85 wrote: »
    Yeah they are doing it again this year.

I have won twice on it over the past 2 years

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

Hope I win something this year. Could do with it.

Anyone know how close it is to being sold out? I got mine a week ago and it was around 90,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,478 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

IMC042 wrote: »
    Hope I win something this year. Could do with it.

Anyone know how close it is to being sold out? I got mine a week ago and it was around 90,000.

Got mine Sunday morning 23rd number is 171xxx so quite a bit to go to 300,000. There are 2236 prizes so you need a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,974 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I often thought about buying a ticket for this but €20 is expensive for a 1 in 300,000 chance of winning a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

Just after buying mine, 205.5k so about 67% sold. I never win but i can dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if they sell all the tickets, only 34.25% of their takings is being paid out in prizes, complete ripoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

if they sell all the tickets, only 34.25% of their takings is being paid out in prizes, complete ripoff.
    It is a ripoff but you have to have a dream and these guys know it and exploit it.I think the actual chance of winning any prize in this draw is a little over 1%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

If your not in you cant win, i hope they dont sell all the tickets to improve my chances of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

How many do you reckon are sold by now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

I have won twice off it. So hoping for hitting it a 3rd time. Have my lucky ticket ready :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

Boo hoo, I've bought a couple of tickets for every one of these for every one of these and I've never won a cent. :(. I hope this is my lucky day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Is the draw being televised?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

Got one this morning, 272xxx. So nearly all sold.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The televised part tonight will just be for the top 6-10 prizes. The rest is done behind closed doors, and you have to check online tomorrow or in the newspapers for the results.

I have 2 tickets. Didn't win anything on the last one, so hoping for better luck tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

what time it it on tv, cant see anything in the listings

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meg meg

According to the national lottery it will take place around 10.36pm on rte 1 live at The Gathering this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I got a ticket at 4pm and its 286xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

anyone get nos? just switched on and missed it

073765, 1 million

240403, 250k

012910, 100k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

beertons wrote: »
    073765, 1 million

240403, 250k

012910, 100k

dam had a 242*** ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

I must check my ticket. Have they posted the results or winning tickets somewhere online?

They're all up now on lottery.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

I must check my ticket. Have they posted the results or winning tickets somewhere online?
    You can check on lottery.ie by entering your number(s).
    Won 500 euro myself, got ticket as a Xmas pressie

Hopefully i'm a winner ;)

Hopefully i'm a winner ;)

Not a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

I've bought a ticket in every draw and won nothing.Maybe it would be a better idea to save the 20 quid and have 20 goes at the daily million draw.

Advertisement