Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bug Report Thread:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Only just getting a chance to play today, and really enjoying it. So far the only thing I've noticed is the gone gaming screen stays on far longer on the nexus7 (10 seconds +)compared to the sgs2. Playing great on both for me tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Have you guys tried out other control schemes, as im finding it difficult to swipe up quickly enough to make jumps. Tapping on the top half of the screen to jump might be nice :o

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes, we're looking at the jumping-swipe problem now. We have a few solutions (its basically a device resolution issue with some devices not registering a swipe but a tap instead). We're going to try to fix it and if that doesnt work then we'll move to a tap-to-jump solution like you suggest.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

satchmo wrote: »
    Finally got around to giving this a go on my Nexus S, it didn't go well.

The first time I launched it, it was stuck on the Gone Gaming splash screen for 15-20 seconds, then crashed back to the launcher. The second time it locked up my phone and I had to remove the battery to get it to boot again (this happens with my Nexus S every so often though, mightn't be anything to do with the game - but the timing seemed suspicious). Every time since, it sits on the splash screen for 15-20 seconds and then quits back to the launcher again. I've tried it 6 or 7 times.

Nexus S
    Android 4.1.2
    Baseband I9020AUCKJ1
    Kernel 3.0.31-g5894150
    Build # JZO54K

Same happening for me on my xperia ray running a custom jelly bean rom

I tried temple run, its not 100 % lag free, but it is very playable

Edit.: my phone hasn't locked up, it just crashes back to the launcher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I have had a seemingly random occurance twice on the SG3
    My "second life" has activated on straight stretches of track, without me hitting anything or falling off the track

This is after installing the update only

Edit 3 times now and I can not think of anything that is causing it

• Advertisement

Not sure if it is a bug or just in game physics but if I am about clear of a drop and move left/right before 100% of the car has passed it, the whole car seems to drop through the track.
    I appreciate that you may say, well get 100% clear of it but it just looks off that the car's momentum and the fact that it is 80%-90% past it and does not tilt backwards but just drops through the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

I have had a seemingly random occurance twice on the SG3
    My "second life" has activated on straight stretches of track, without me hitting anything or falling off the track

This is after installing the update only

Edit 3 times now and I can not think of anything that is causing it

Hey, thanks for the info. Can you let us know what type of death is registering.. as in the illustration on the final score screen? It'll help us narrow this one down...

Not sure if it is a bug or just in game physics but if I am about clear of a drop and move left/right before 100% of the car has passed it, the whole car seems to drop through the track.
    I appreciate that you may say, well get 100% clear of it but it just looks off that the car's momentum and the fact that it is 80%-90% past it and does not tilt backwards but just drops through the road.

Yeah we've been tweaking and tweaking this one - its a balance between what is and isn't a death... we'll look at reducing the gravity in gaps which currently pulls the car down if there's x% over a drop. Thanks for the feedback!

karlh wrote: »
    Hey, thanks for the info. Can you let us know what type of death is registering.. as in the illustration on the final score screen? It'll help us narrow this one down...

Will take note the next time.
    This is not "killing" me as such, it is activating the Angel Wings power up and letting me carry on but with no second chance power up anymore

Will take note the next time.
    This is not "killing" me as such, it is activating the Angel Wings power up and letting me carry on but with no second chance power up anymore

Sure, thats def a death... Prob is the resurrection doesnt tell us how game would have finished... If you dont mind pls try a few runs without that powerup and you should be able to solve the mystery :)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Actually I can pull the death type out of the log db, but its handy to know either the score or the time and the device type so I can locate it among the mass of data... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

V2 still crashing on startup for me, getting about 90% through the loading dialog

LogCat seems to suggest the process is stopping because it ran out of memory

11-24 20:22:04.400: E/kernel(142): [11506.464965] Out of memory: kill process 2997 (egaming.thejump) score 102799 or a child

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional.
    But when my S3 goes on standby in game - when I bring it out of standby the game has closed and I have to restart, losing whatever (minimal) progress I may have made but also having to wait through the load screen, which is appearing to still take some time.

thats a "feature" of Android where it kills processes (apps) which havent been used in a few minutes. The time can be change in Settings... can you run a test for us. Recreate the situation but asap go back to the app (as in, just immediately after it goes into standby). Also try to do it just before it goes into standby and also pretty quickly after pausing the app (I presume you are talking about it being paused). Let me know the outcome, I'm pretty sure its time dependent and this "feature" of Android as opposed to our game per se but would like to be sure.

If I hit the home button for anything and try to go straight back in it will be back to the menu screen and not back to the race.

When I say straight back, I mean after checking who just sent me a text (not even reading it)

Pause test - Galaxy S3

1. pause in game - timed standby - immediate swipe - hit home key - selected icon - resumed game after reselecting the icon from the home screen.
    Note: No need for me to enter my passkey

BUG - have not been able to recreate
    2. pause in game - timed standby - waited 10 seconds - hit home key - selected icon - black screen (can see time, battery, connectivity)
    > tried hitting home again and reselecting icon - black screen, as above
    >> cleared ram to proceed

BUGgish
    2.a - wait for 30 seconds. - icon did not action game - hit back arrow - reselected game - game progress lost.
    2b. while typing above went into standby again (from game home screen)- selected home - selected icon - black screen ( - - clearing ram again now (possibly tests are corrupting my ram).

BUG - REPEATEDABLE
    3. pause in game - timed standby - wait 1 minute - hit home key - unlock phone - resumed in game, repaused - menu came up showing game had finished with my score... when I restarted some of the loading options were overlaying each other.
    >> pushing screengrabs to dropbox now - hope to insert here.

4. pause in game - manually put phone into standby (power button) - hit home - resumed in game

5. pause in game - manually put phone into standby (power button) - waited 10 seconds - hit home - resumed in game

6. pause in game - manually put phone into standby (power button) - waited 1 minute - hit home - resumed in game

7. manually put phone into standby (power button, no pause) - hit home - resumed in game

8. manually put phone into standby (power button, no pause) - waited 10 seconds - hit home - resumed in game

9. manually put phone into standby (power button, no pause) - waited 1 minute - hit home - resumed in game

10. Hit home - selected icon - restarted game, game progress lost.

Ok, sounds like we need to do a bit more of a unit-test with the Pause menu and the actions when the phone goes into standby... thanks, leave it with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Haven't had much time to play but just letting you know i haven't come across anything odd or game breaking on my nexus 7 or One x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I don't know how to reproduce this but sometimes the score counter adds 100,000 to the score display at the very start of the game.

The value that goes to the leaderboard/displayed at the end is the proper one, it's just that it's misleading.

Huawei Ascend G330
    Android 4.0.4
    Baseband 1040
    Kernel 3.0.21-perf-g07d599d-00153-g52c88e1
    Build U8825-1V100R001C477B950

Version: UT3

Yep! We noticed that right at the very point we were about to release... literally as I was about to send the mail. It only happens the first run and its only cosmetic (the score reflected in the stats is still correct)... so we had to push anyway given the lateness of the time of day and the time of year!

But we were like Kitteh NOOOOO >.<

Other known bugs are that the ending is very ropey to the point of being pretty much a bunch of odd behaviour cobbled together but it only happens when you beat the game :) If you do get there, just keep it in the middle track and you should get through it fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

It's cosmetic alright, but once it happens it's persistent and the only way to fix it is to clear data for the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

Xperia Ray: just had a quick play test since UT3 is first time it installs on this phone.

Car doesn't move. Hit pause as soon as you enter game. Resume game, see 3-2-1 countdown and then car doesn't move. Helicopter still moving around and game telling me to speed up and then car explodes.

Can also reproduce by playing as normal, hit pause, resume game, hit pause again before the countdown ends, resume and car doesn't move after countdown.

Also, one time (only played this for a few mins) the track didn't render so it looked like i was flying until i get to the point where a gap should be and the car falls off invisible track.

Also, one time (only played this for a few mins) the track didn't render so it looked like i was flying until i get to the point where a gap should be and the car falls off invisible track.

This also happened to me but it was only for a short while, like around a bend as I could see the track further on.fortunately there was no gap as my car just went over it.

Not getting far on UT3 on Galaxy S3 - on maybe 2 or 3 jumps from 5 instead of jumping my car is switching lanes to the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Taltos wrote: »
    Not getting far on UT3 on Galaxy S3 - on maybe 2 or 3 jumps from 5 instead of jumping my car is switching lanes to the right.
    Getting quite a lot of that too, thought maybe it was just me! One X

Thats so weird, I have a One X too and it isnt happening to me at all.... We have the "Ultimate Solution" we believe. This game making stuff isnt a fun as the game playing stuff :/

tok9 wrote: »
    This also happened to me but it was only for a short while, like around a bend as I could see the track further on.fortunately there was no gap as my car just went over it.
    Xperia Ray: just had a quick play test since UT3 is first time it installs on this phone.

Car doesn't move. Hit pause as soon as you enter game. Resume game, see 3-2-1 countdown and then car doesn't move. Helicopter still moving around and game telling me to speed up and then car explodes.

Can also reproduce by playing as normal, hit pause, resume game, hit pause again before the countdown ends, resume and car doesn't move after countdown.

Were you guys just driving alone normally? Any powerups used at the time or before that? Any weird behaviour before that?

Can you reasonably (or reliably) reproduce it? (please say yes, I hate bugs that come and go!)...

Thanks, we're keen to track that one down...

T.

DeVore wrote: »
    Were you guys just driving alone normally? Any powerups used at the time or before that? Any weird behaviour before that?

Can you reasonably (or reliably) reproduce it? (please say yes, I hate bugs that come and go!)...

T.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce it (I know the feeling). I might have a go later on it.

I wasn't doing anything unusual and I didn't have any powerups. It was the only thing that was odd throughout the playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

DeVore wrote: »

T.

The pause-resume-pause-resume one I've reproduced alright.

Track not rendering is not something that I've experienced, thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Taltos wrote: »

I have taht on the S2. I find if I always make a jump by moving my thumb to the center of the screen it doesn't happen. The time it takes to move could be crucial in the latter part of the game, though I am not that good enough to find out just yet.

Advertisement