Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Norwegian ladies soccer team June 9th 2011

Options
  • 19-12-2012 8:14pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

So I'm reading that an post guy put 40k on the match.

What I can't find out is whether or not Norway won

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Had a quick look through the Norwegian FA's website.

Now unless my Norwegian is horrifically bad this link seems to have details of all their fixtures

http://www.fotball.no/System-pages/TabellTermin/?tournamentId=39900

It seems they didn't play a match on the 9th of June 2011

However...
    they lost 3-0 to Germany on the 16th
    they beat Equatorial Guinea 1-0 on the 29th
    they lost 3-0 to Brazil on the 3rd of July
    they lost 2-1 to Australia on the 6th of July

So sadly for said postman, that was a lot of money offered to Paddy if indeed he had a wager on the ladies of Norway to win on the 6th of July

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

The court heard O’Reilly had developed a chronic gambling problem and he had an account called “Tony Ten” with Paddy Power Bookmakers. When the account was examined it was found that over the period in question it had a turnover of €10 million, with €8.3 million in winnings and €1.7 million in losses.

Am I missing something? He was up 8.3 million, should have left him at it.. :eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

colly_06 wrote: »

Am I missing something? He was up 8.3 million, should have left him at it.. :eek:

Just poor journalism. It means he wagered 10 million and had returns of 8.3 million

Advertisement