Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BYOB Restaurants in Waterford

• 20-12-2012 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Just on trip advisor and found a Polish Restaurant-Koliba: 11a O'connell street
    Indian Restaurant - Kashmir Tandori beside the entrance to city square,
    where you can bring your own drink to the meal! I would eat out every week if I could bring in my own bottle of wine. Does any one know if there's a Chinese Restaurant in the city which offers this? Would be perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭Junior

The place down at the Forum do it.. can't think of the name of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Just found that one on Trip Advisor too! JVs. :cool:

I have a big Christmas reunion this weekend and everyone is really keen on a chinese restaurant and plenty wine!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

They might allow you to bring your own bottle but they also might charge corkage - ckeck it out when you book/enquire. Far as I know JV's charge for corkage.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Yeah some were charging 1.50, others charging 4,5 euro. There'll be a big gang of us so we don't mind that price. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

:):):):)Be very careful in what you bring to the restaurant though, I live in Australia and they charge you for "cakeage" as well as corkage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

:):):):)Be very careful in what you bring to the restaurant though, I live in Australia and they charge you for "cakeage" as well as corkage.

I know what you mean. I went into a restaurant there on the high street a few weeks back. When I was exiting the mens' toilet, the waiter pulled me up and told me I would now have to pay cockage!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

Jv's at the forum let ya bring your own drink in. I think they charge a fiver for corkage

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RumMonkey

I believe you have to purchase your wine at the off license next to JVs. You can't bring a bottle from home. At least that was the case last time I visited.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jb73Dub

Lots BYOB here. Great to see the other restaurant tips

Advertisement