Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Gift for a gambler

• 17-12-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I have to get a Christmas gift for an incorrigible gambler; he loves his horse-racing and his Celtic football.

It's his main love, but I have very little knowledge of gambling; only bet on horses about once or twice a year.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas what to get him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I'd say all expenses trips in 2013 to Cheltenham, then Aintree, then Epsom, Royal Ascot, Galway and rounded off with the Breeders Cup.

Might not be in your budget, but then you didn't specify.

Failing that vouchers for his favorite bookie or an online Racing Post subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

How much are you looking to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

UrbanSea wrote: »
    How much are you looking to spend?
    This is the most important part, me thinks. Also, are they one to "blow it all on one bet" or not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

a voucher from any bookies and he will be happy

depends on what type of gambler he is? is he the one to lump everything on one horse to go chasing his money
    or does he spread his money out doing small bets for abit of fun

• Advertisement
Advertisement