Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV3 Psychic Readings Live***The Aftermath Thread****

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

OK, so it's not really closed then...I can go to sleep happy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

GOODBYE to the old, and HELLO to the new :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats the story?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

mike65 wrote: »
    Whats the story?

The story, in a nutshell, is.....

WE WON!

:pac:

*insert obligatory gloating for the front page of the thread here*

Another complaint referred to the committee just there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I renamed the last thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Love the old thread title TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD****** Says it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Surely they knew this was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

''The Aftermath Thread''

Vot a vonderfull name!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

coolhull wrote: »
    ''The Aftermath Thread''

Vot a vonderfull name dahling!

RIP PSL. I will never miss you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Surely they knew this was coming.

Magic 8-ball says Outlook not so good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Right after Vincent, I'm genetically conditioned to expect another dose of card or angel reading. Can't get used to this feeling of nothingness...... But I'm doing my best to wean myself off.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

There's a missing psychic in 'Without a Trace' tonight....Oh the irony :)

spookwoman wrote: »
    Love the old thread title TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD****** Says it all

Google 'boards.ie tv3 psychics" has already picked up on it !! :D:D

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

+1 Upheld

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    +1 Upheld

Excellent news! :)

Was wondering when we'd hear back about November's ones. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Orielle wrote: »
    There's a missing psychic in 'Without a Trace' tonight....Oh the irony :)

Vot for a vunderful episode dahlink!

+1 Upheld

Will post a scan later, the BAI didn't provide .pdf's this time. :(

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    +1 Upheld
    I look forward to seeing the written decision on that one. ;)

+2

No 3 was sent to comreg scanning them now to put up 80/12 to 82/12

80/12 this one was forwarded to Comreg Complaint about the cost of calls not being read out. http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/spookwoman/80p1.jpg

81/12 Complaint about "In my opinion" not said by the psychic Page 1 http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/spookwoman/1-1.jpg Page 2 http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/spookwoman/2-1.jpg

82/12 Complaint ref missing person Waynes call where he took the call from man who girlfriend had run off with daughter. I thought this was serious and very happy it was upheld Page 1 http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/spookwoman/?action=view&current=82p1.jpg Page 2 http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/spookwoman/82p2.jpg Page 3 http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/spookwoman/82p3.jpg

It is hardly resolved in my view.

• Advertisement

Agreed.

I look forward to seeing the written decision on that one. ;)

This was due with the committee at the October meeting but was put back to November because there was 'a problem obtaining the tapes'.
    I don't have scanner but you shouldn't have too long to wait for publication.
    Meanwhile; the committee's summarising paragraph in relation to section 3.2.1 says:
      However, upon review of the program it was evident to the Committee that no measures were taken by the presenter of the teleshopping segment to restrict the comments of the caller once it became apparent that he was making offensive comments in respect of a named individual. In this regard, the presenter continued for some minutes to converse with the caller even after it was clear that offensive remarks had been made.

I wonder if the presenter has included this in his new book.;)

A good result there.

Scanner on the blink.

Complaint 77/12: Referred to the 27th of August, where Flathan said "I am not a doctor, but I think there is a grandchild on the way.", then later feigned ignorance of the rule.

• Upon its review of the programme it was the Committee's view that the broadcast included references to pregnancy. Accordingly, the item was deemed not to comply with the BAI General Code.

Think we are starting to see why it was pulled. Well done everyone :D

82/12 was the one where TV3 told me basically to mind my own business as I was a 3rd part and got a little snotty

3rdparty.jpg

"provided in accordance with all relevant regulations"
    Roffle! Not had a good laugh in ages. They really believe they can do no wrong.

The newspapers need to report this rubbish.

One downside of sending all those complaints;

GMail has evidently picked up on the fact that a lot of the emails going in and out lately have had the words "Psychic" in them...

All the ads I'm being served with now are those bloody "Seventh Sense Psychic" ones. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

wnolan1992 wrote: »

GMail has evidently picked up on the fact that a lot of the emails going in and out lately have had the words "Psychic" in them...

All the ads I'm being served with now are those bloody "Seventh Sense Psychic" ones. :P

Or maybe a certain beautiful lady is trying to contact you and draw you under her spell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm getting these as well.

BMollie wrote: »
    Or maybe a certain beautiful lady is trying to contact you and draw you under her spell :)

Ahhh, this is a much nicer scenario ;)

Advertisement