Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Show and tell !

Options
  • 04-12-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭

So I was out on Sunday and the subject of the late Dave Barry and the magic he could do with an AEG can up.So I thought it may be nice if we could see some of them.
    So if you are lucky to be one of the few whom own a ''DB'' please post some pictures and a brief discription.
    David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

A DB Custom WE Magpul M4
    Its built from a WE M4A1 which has all the ratech upgrades installed
    RA TECH WE NPAS KIT
    RA TECH WE part #64 stainless rod
    RA TECH WE Firing pin+Valve Locker
    RA TECH WE Reinforced nozzle
    STINGER WE HOP UP KIT
    Also fitted is a Tightbore barrel and hopup rubber,

The reciever fitted to this beauty is a Prime MAGPUL Licensed Receiver Set w/ ASAP!
    genuine Moe pistol grip,
    genuine Moe Handguard
    MBUS sight
    CTR stock

Well what can I say about this GBB rifle...
    Well first thing I noticed was how light it was - a very good thing wink.png and its also very solidly built not a wobble from the stock grip handguard or barrel!

The Prime MAGPUL Licensed Receiver is just unreal! very very detailed with a great cnc'd magpul logo, flaired magwell and groves along the front of the magwell and its also got deep engraved magpul trades on the otherside
    The ASP - sling point is made out of polymer but its very well made and very strong.

The receiver has a blued steel look to it which matches the steel barrel finish

The rifle has a very strong recoil that just puts a smile on my face every time I fire it and it has a great rate of fire on full auto too.

Now onto the pictures of the DB Custom Magpul M4 smile.png

P2210096.jpg?t=1298918731P2210095.jpg?t=1298918731P2210094.jpg?t=1298918731P2210102.jpg?t=1298918731P2210103.jpg?t=1298918731
    CUSTOM USMC SPECIAL PURPOSE RIFLE
    USMC KNIGHTS TYPE RECIEVER WITH KNIGHTS SNIPER TRIGGER GUARD
    MARINE STOCK WITH QD MOUNTS
    KNIGHTS TYPE SNIPER M4 RAS
    SPR 18IN OUTER BARREL WITH COMPLETE WITH SPR TYPE FLASH HIDER AND QD OPS SERIES SILENCER
    SPR PISTOL GRIP
    3-9 x 40 LEOPOLD TYPE SCOPE COMPLETE WITH EXTENDER/KILL FLASH AND EYE RELIEF ATTACHMENT
    KNIGHTS TYPE SNIPER SCOPE MOUNT
    HARRIS STYLE BIPOD

stuff330.jpgstuff329.jpg
    i have the pleasure of owning these two gorgeous rifles,Thanks to Kevin and Carl. The Gbbr may be the only one he built, he built it for a good friend of mine and he traded it to me before Daves passing.
    The Usmc i got from a good friend after a lot of begging and it is gorgeous. these rifles are actually too nice to bring out or game.I would be afraid to damage them. the usmc has a full systema gearbox with a trigger master unit in it and it shoots like a dream.
    i had plans for a custom built LMT but unfortunately the man upstairs needed a DB custom more than i did. Dave was one of a kind, a pure gent and a great friend.He may be gone in this world but he lives on with the aegs and gbbrs he built.These are just a small reminder of what a Great man he was and he is sorely missed in the Irish airsoft community.i have the pleasure of owning these and the even bigger pleasure to have know him as a friend. As one person said "he is gone up to heaven to make sure god takes his hit"
    RIP Dave
    May you rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

That DMR you have john was defo my favourite out of what I seen dave build, I'd say pics don't even do it justice. Its strange we can all put on a scope, bipod, suppressor etc but whatever it was about Daves builds they just stood out a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

I remember sitting down at his kitchen table/work bench lol and he bringing me out rifle after rifle 4 and a half hours later and liters of tea drank i still was like a child in a candy shop. He built a aeg one when and that was the right way no compromise if it was perfect it wasnt worth being made.

Advertisement