Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Horses

• 25-11-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Right I put 25 cent on a horse bet. 4 horses each way. Now I didn't really know what each way meant but I just did it anyway an it charged me 50 cent. I picked the horses cos I liked their names ....

1,2, and 3 have all 'placed' whatever that means and i'm just waitin for the 3:25 race in Navan to kick off to see how number 4 does but it says on my racing slip thing that my potential returns are €564 ....... Who understands horse bets? I dunno how it works like. 564 must be if all the horses won or somethin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Sounds like you did an e/w accum which is 2 seperate bets at 25c each so that's the 50c.
    4 horses to win & 4 horses to place.
    I assume the 3 horses won as it sounds a lot for a place accum.
    E/W means you have backed the horses to win and backed him to be placed 1/2 places 7 runners or less, 3 places up to 15 runners and 4 places 16+ handicap.
    I'd say the returns of over €500 are for all 4 to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 plaiboi

No none of them won. I think the 564 was for if they all won. I won 8.34 haha. Better than a kick in the teeth though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you reminded me of that episode of Black Books :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 plaiboi

Never seen it. Never heard of it actually. Haha :D

Advertisement